We stayed here during the Christmas school holidays and honestly it was a total disappointment. After initially entering the room we were mortified with its condition. Stains on the carpet, outdated furniture, rusty air con unit, roadwork/highway views... definitely not what the pictures portrayed. We raised the concerns with reception and were shows a practically identical room on another level. Again we raised the concerns and were ushered up to a beach view room, which was something quite different and more representative if the website images. In saying that the staff should be commended with the way that they handled the concern.
Our total stay was 7 nights. Not once were we brought fresh towels, laundry powder or dish washing liquid, rather we were provided with 2 satchels of each, 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom for the stay. Very different from our stays at other mantra's. The bedding was uncomfortable, spare blankets required airing as were completely dusty and unusable.
There was no mention of heavy road work and construction being completed in the area and we were woken each morning at 7am by the beeping of reversing heavy machinery.
Given our previous stays in mantra hotels we expected better. We had previously stayed at the mantra circle on Caville and Mantra Ettalong beach and honestly this could not even compare. Granted this establishment is older, however the price and images should reflect this.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Wings Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Wings Hotel
- Mantra Wings Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on the site of the iconic Pink Poodle Motel, Mantra Wings sits midway between Surfers Paradise and the wining and dining hub of Broadbeach. Offering contemporary Surfers Paradise accommodation, Mantra Wings features self-contained One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments and Two Bedroom Penthouses all with spacious balconies overlooking the Gold Coast and surrounds.Mantra Wings sits just 200 metres from the pristine waters of Surfers Paradise beach and a fifteen minute walk into Cavill Avenue. Here you can spend your days wandering the mall and browsing through the many outlet and boutique stores or stop for a bite to eat at one of over 50 cafes, bars and restaurants.Our apartments and penthouses all feature full kitchen and laundry facilities, air-conditioning, cable TV, internet access and are available with spa baths on request. For extra indulgence our Two Bedroom Penthouse is available and features stainless steel appliances and guaranteed spa bath in the ensuite.Mantra Wings’ premium location is also teamed with excellent resort facilities including our outdoor lagoon pool with grotto, tennis court, Barbeque areas and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Wings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.