“Second time we stayed and it was as good as the first time!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centrepoint Resort

Save Saved
You added Centrepoint Resort to your Saves list
Centrepoint Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #64 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Palmerston North, NZ
“Second time we stayed and it was as good as the first time!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went on a family trip for a big occasion and just like the first time I was impressed!! Great staff who were all very helpful and did everything they could to make this stay as good as the first. Our room was great - clean and tidy and oh so big! Three families in three different rooms but our room was more than big enough to socialise in...and we did!!! Thoroughly enjoyed my holiday, and would I go back to Centrepoint? Hell yeah I would!!

Room Tip: Our suite was large and very sunny. Noise from the traffic, and we were on a main road, didn't d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Rusty kitchen cook top, mould filled shower and a air con that doesn't even work it is a crap place to stay. when i complaned about the aircon not working Staff told me to open the slidding doors. But this did not help and traffic noise was a joke

• Stayed December 2012
Palmerston North, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I bought the holiday over the internet as a Grab-one deal, four nights at Centrepoint reserve.
For a start, booking our holiday within the interval we wanted it was a b it of a story itself. But we made it! Four nights at half price sounded really tempting.
The surprises started with the first day, the first hour of arrival.
At the reception we’ve been told that the bond will be returned within a couple of hours from the moment we’re leaving the room. The day before we left we found out it takes actually about 5-7 working days and we got upset because we used the travel card that we placed the Holiday budget on. If would have known we would use a different credit card, taking chances to be charged extra for the conversion NZD-AUD and back.
However when we checked in and asked about the WIFI witch was included in the deal, we’ve been given a piece of paper with the ph no and the pricing for the broadband, about 30AUD for the period we planned to stay there. I have to say two days later we finally sorted that one out, once we reminded them about the deal.
As per the deal we purchased we had a bottle of wine waiting for us at arrival. Do you think it was there?! You’re right, it wasn’t, but 2 days later we actually reminded the guys about it and in the evening we found inside the apartment.
The worst came once we walked in the apartment; we have three children and a 40 years old house. We are not fussy, but we are clean people. What we found in the apartment was in certain areas filthy. The walls were dirty, it doesn’t take long to clean that up, but the paint seemed to be at least 10 years old and trust me they need renovating!!! The furniture was sad, the same age with me… close to 40; I haven’t seen such pieces in second hand shops… Really, when you charge 220AUD per night, you expect a little bit more comfort, not Hilton but for Christ sake, I have a nine years old couch (the oldest piece of furniture maybe) and that looks fantastic in comparison with what they have in there. Please remember my couch it’s been there for three children… The whole assemble is a combination of bad taste, filth or dirt and old stuff. My grandparents use to have fancier stuff and more fashionable and they were living in the country side 30 years ago.
As I explained to the manager, I understand we all have different standards so we took many pictures to keep them as memories from the Gold Coast. My children come from New Zealand and walk around sometimes a whole day bare feet but the way their feet ended up after the first evening spent on the tiles of that apartment was appalling. They obviously vacuuming only and not giving a good clean and that without bothering to move any furniture.
The first evening we ended up with the first guests shaped in form of crawling and creeping cockroaches, and they are few large families living at 1006. I am not a scientist, but there is more than one species in there. We took also pictures trying to explain at the reception that we are not making it up. That got kind of sorted once I got to the supermarket and got the sprays for keeping them away. We still met some of the family members in the following days but not as many. It is sad nobody seem to trust us, we addressed it to the manager and
You cannot use the BBQ without a special key, so you kind of need a booking; I wasted 30 minutes trying to get the thing working, unsuccessfully of course.
I consider bad management will define the best what I have seen in our stay at Centrepoint.
Friendly staff, but unable to help really, scrubbing the floors doesn’t take the filth from certain areas, the dirt on the walls and everywhere else or the dated furniture. And the fact we couldn’t be relocated and we had to live with the roaches and buy our own cans of Insect Killer.
For “good bye” the manager gave us another one to make sure we don’t forget it. We have been told we’ll be given cash for the 250AUD kept as bond and we were OK, but guess what? We got the cash and we got another 250AUD off out travel card, money that we found out days later when we realised we are out of money. I cannot say what I feel or what I felt about it. I am sorry I didn’t read previous reviews about this place and I would be very cautious in recommending the resort to anybody.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, South Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Large 2 bed apartment; 1 x double bed, 2 x single, 2 bathrooms, close to Cavil mall, apartment v tired. Actually the whole of Surfers is v tired. Noisy on busy road at front of building, where our apartment was located. Rooms tidy but dusty, lots of fluff especially in wardrobes. Lots of rules, not much in the way of chattels only 2 mismatched drinking glasses supplied, enough plates etc for 4 people. No DVD player, but has basic Foxtel, microwave, washing machine, dryer. Air con not very efficient & noisy. Only 1 towel per bed, no hand towels or face washers. Mattress protector’s very stained, no pillow protectors, pillows should have been tossed ages ago. Wouldn’t have noticed except we were asked to strip the bed on leaving. Sheets & pillow cases clean & laundered. Curtain & lining in bedroom 1 mouldy. WiFi available for purchase. Building has secure keypad entry, indoor & outdoor pool, BBQ in nice courtyard garden, no outdoor chairs though. Not a party house - not suitable for "schoolies", good for families having a beach holiday.
Summing up - Ok but don't pay full price & bring your own glassware! Consider staying at Broadbeach if you want a more sophisticated location, leave Surfers for the youngsters.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing beach, less road noise & cooler in evenings, no setting sun.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

After I came back to NZ, I checked my bank statement and found out that they charged my credit card (AUD 250). When I e-mailed them why they charged my credit card, Anne replied and said it’s their mistake not taking authorization upon the check in but charged my credit card. She did refund AUD 250 on that date which was fine. However because of different exchange rate, I lost NZD 16.42. I contacted 3 times to refund the difference as it was their mistake and I didn’t spend that money. They haven’t replied me back until now and seems like they are ignoring me hoping that I would give up.

Gold Coast is holiday destination where a lot of international visitors come and go. I believe this would happen to anybody and any other place will refund the difference because it’s solely their mistake – not mine. Why would you get charged when you didn’t spend the money and it’s someone else’s fault. I knew that you get what you paid for so my expectation of this properly was low. But their service is below my expectation. How they deal with this situation is totally shocking and unacceptable. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS IF YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH SAME EXPERIENCE AS I AM GOING THROUGH. The management of this properly must contact me immediately and pay for the difference – I won’t give up!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Great central location, fully equipped units, we has 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Very well priced. Indoor heated pool. Heated spa. Outdoor pool and spa. Great spot - we will be back. Not a party place - ideal for families, couples or quiet groups.

• Stayed August 2012
Palmerston North, NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Decided to change accommodation being not too happy with accommodation that we had booked, and walked along the road straight into the Centrepoint Resort, and within minutes we were offered accommodation. Slightly more costly than previous accommodation but my goodness was it worth it. Although it was only 10am in the morning we were able to move in straight away. Awesome room!!! The resort staff were so helpful and contributed to my family and I having a good holiday. Location is great, and having three pools was an added bonus. I would recommend this resort to others, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Centrepoint Resort? Share your experiences!