“Basic Holiday Accomodation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Centrepoint Resort

You added Centrepoint Resort to your Saves list
Centrepoint Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Adelaide, South Australia
“Basic Holiday Accomodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Large 2 bed apartment; 1 x double bed, 2 x single, 2 bathrooms, close to Cavil mall, apartment v tired. Actually the whole of Surfers is v tired. Noisy on busy road at front of building, where our apartment was located. Rooms tidy but dusty, lots of fluff especially in wardrobes. Lots of rules, not much in the way of chattels only 2 mismatched drinking glasses supplied, enough plates etc for 4 people. No DVD player, but has basic Foxtel, microwave, washing machine, dryer. Air con not very efficient & noisy. Only 1 towel per bed, no hand towels or face washers. Mattress protector’s very stained, no pillow protectors, pillows should have been tossed ages ago. Wouldn’t have noticed except we were asked to strip the bed on leaving. Sheets & pillow cases clean & laundered. Curtain & lining in bedroom 1 mouldy. WiFi available for purchase. Building has secure keypad entry, indoor & outdoor pool, BBQ in nice courtyard garden, no outdoor chairs though. Not a party house - not suitable for "schoolies", good for families having a beach holiday.
Summing up - Ok but don't pay full price & bring your own glassware! Consider staying at Broadbeach if you want a more sophisticated location, leave Surfers for the youngsters.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing beach, less road noise & cooler in evenings, no setting sun.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

After I came back to NZ, I checked my bank statement and found out that they charged my credit card (AUD 250). When I e-mailed them why they charged my credit card, Anne replied and said it’s their mistake not taking authorization upon the check in but charged my credit card. She did refund AUD 250 on that date which was fine. However because of different exchange rate, I lost NZD 16.42. I contacted 3 times to refund the difference as it was their mistake and I didn’t spend that money. They haven’t replied me back until now and seems like they are ignoring me hoping that I would give up.

Gold Coast is holiday destination where a lot of international visitors come and go. I believe this would happen to anybody and any other place will refund the difference because it’s solely their mistake – not mine. Why would you get charged when you didn’t spend the money and it’s someone else’s fault. I knew that you get what you paid for so my expectation of this properly was low. But their service is below my expectation. How they deal with this situation is totally shocking and unacceptable. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS IF YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH SAME EXPERIENCE AS I AM GOING THROUGH. The management of this properly must contact me immediately and pay for the difference – I won’t give up!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Great central location, fully equipped units, we has 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Very well priced. Indoor heated pool. Heated spa. Outdoor pool and spa. Great spot - we will be back. Not a party place - ideal for families, couples or quiet groups.

• Stayed August 2012
Palmerston North, NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Decided to change accommodation being not too happy with accommodation that we had booked, and walked along the road straight into the Centrepoint Resort, and within minutes we were offered accommodation. Slightly more costly than previous accommodation but my goodness was it worth it. Although it was only 10am in the morning we were able to move in straight away. Awesome room!!! The resort staff were so helpful and contributed to my family and I having a good holiday. Location is great, and having three pools was an added bonus. I would recommend this resort to others, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE

The website is a sham, the rooms looked like they had not been touching in 30 years "LITERALLY".

Bed duvet had blood stains on it, both was rusty, floors were sticky, air con was so noisy you could hot hear TV.

Has to use a towl to sit on the couch.

Pool was okay if a bit dated.

Austin power would have loved it!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Despite mixed reviews on TripAdvisor we (2 families with 4 kids aged 10 to 16) booked two apartments. And we could not speak more highly of the service, value and location of this apartment block. Upon arrival the woman offered to rearrange our accommodation so that we'd be on the same floor. The apartments were spacious, clean and although different in style and furnishings, both had a fairly modern feel with large bedrooms, with the main bedrooms having ensuites so plenty of bathroom facilities for teenagers! Views, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, Foxtel.... something for everyone! Property is very secure and operates like a compound so we had every confidence in letting the kids go to the pool, spa, tennis court etc on their own. Location couldn't be better...1 block from the ocean, 1 block from Cavill Ave, less than 100 metres from Coles, on the main road on which all the theme park buses travel and across the road from a chemist (which we used regularly!). The attitude and assistance volunteered by the staff was excellent. Okay, so it's not 5 star (no internet options or onsite restaurant) but when you consider the price for a big apartment rather than a cramped hotel room, we thought it outstanding value and will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stayed at this dump (would not even put it in the same catergory as a resort!) supposedly for 3 nights after booking on WOTIF. The pictures it displays is absolutely misleading. It states that not all rooms are the same and you better believe it! The room we were assigned, let's put it this way...I could not even bring myself to place my head on the couch to read a book as it was smelly & disgusting! The whole room was so gross that you had to put up with the noisy A/C bangin & clangin when you put the timer on and they had the ultimate (in my books) cheek to make up a bed with no underblanket on it!!!!!! The mattress was stained and disgusting and just had a flimsy sheet covering it! And we took all of this in for about an hour before we made up our mind to go elsewhere forfeiting the cost (not cheap!), which I was not happy about at all! DO NOT STAY in this place if you want cleanliness, comfort & peace of mind!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Centrepoint Resort? Share your experiences!