“Little Gem on The Gold Coast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Karana Palms Resort

Save Saved
You added Karana Palms Resort to your Saves list
Karana Palms Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   40-42 Tarcoola Crescent | Chevron Island, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Little Gem on The Gold Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed with my 8 year old daughter at Karana Palms Resort and had a lovely time. The Apartment is fully self contained with all you need to cook your own meals, plenty of pots, frying pans and crockery. The apartment was very clean and the balcony spacious with a 4 seater out door table and chairs.

They also have a supermarket service on the website which if you are arriving late is brilliant, I used it and was very pleased with price and how they placed all my groceries in fridge and pantry for my arrival.

The pool is great very well looked after with a shallow and deep end we loved it.

The owners are very friendly and helpful and enjoy the excitement of helping you book your tours and then follow up with questions when you return back and are genuinely happy to listen to your stories.

If you do not mind a short stroll into Surfers Paradise and seriously its an easy 10 minute walk this is a great place especially with young children as its quiet and away from the hustle and bustle.

We loved our 6 day break and would choose to stay here again on our next visit for sure

Thanks for having us

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have a great balcony

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We found our stay very good, management were very approachable and friendly and if something wasn't available or extra assistance was needed they were more than willing to help out. The location of the complex is very central and access to the main shopping and beaches of Surfers was an easy stroll but it was also not right in the middle of the crowds which made it very pleasant and relaxing. Would definitely stay at Karana Palms again the service was great.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were welcomed and shown to our room, the management were always helpful and assisted with enquiries and also booked my theme park tickets for me. The apartment was very spacious, very comfortable bed with an overhead fan, decent size kitchen and a lounge area with foxtel. The bathroom had a decent size shower and also a washing machine and dryer. The overall premises were well kept and my daughter loved swimming in the pool every day. There was a bbq as well which was free of charge. The location was great as it was a short walk over the bridge to the heart of surfers. I stayed here for 9 nights and I highly recommend this place and if i travel to qld again i will be staying here

• Stayed January 2013
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently travelled to the gold coast for a week and stayed at the karana palms resort on chevron island.From the start all staff were very helpful and the room itself was perfect fit for me and my family plenty of room and all of the tools to make the place a happy stay.the location was perfect a short walk over the bridge to the heart of the city but back on chevron island was always relaxing and peaceful.Overall enjoyed the whole stay and will be back sooner than later.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The apartment is located close to the city center, yet very quiet. Another plus to this apartment are the washer and dryer, the nice shower and the big bed. The rest of the apartment needs freshening up. All the rooms are painted in a very strange pink colour, which is starting to scale off in the bathroom where a little mold is settling in. Aircon is optional and you have to pay extra for it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I don't usually write reviews, but after my visit last week I felt I should share how easy and pleasant my experience was. My husband and I have never been to the area before and when we loosely mentioned this to the lady at the front desk she went out of her way to help. We were given information about the local area and where to eat out.

We were also early to check in and she was kind enough to let us leave our bags in the room while their finished cleaning (I have never found anywhere else that lets you do that)

We will be back for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Karana Palms for five nights. From the start the managers were so helpful. The room was airy and bright. All the outside areas are well looked after. I'm very surprised by some of the other reviews as I was more then pleased with my stay. It is not a serviced hotel in the middle of surfers paradise, but a brilliantly located, family friendly establishment a little bit away from the sometimes frantic pace of the beachfront.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Karana Palms Resort? Share your experiences!