“Good location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Karana Palms Resort

Save Saved
You added Karana Palms Resort to your Saves list
Karana Palms Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   40-42 Tarcoola Crescent | Chevron Island, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Good location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The apartment is located close to the city center, yet very quiet. Another plus to this apartment are the washer and dryer, the nice shower and the big bed. The rest of the apartment needs freshening up. All the rooms are painted in a very strange pink colour, which is starting to scale off in the bathroom where a little mold is settling in. Aircon is optional and you have to pay extra for it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I don't usually write reviews, but after my visit last week I felt I should share how easy and pleasant my experience was. My husband and I have never been to the area before and when we loosely mentioned this to the lady at the front desk she went out of her way to help. We were given information about the local area and where to eat out.

We were also early to check in and she was kind enough to let us leave our bags in the room while their finished cleaning (I have never found anywhere else that lets you do that)

We will be back for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Karana Palms for five nights. From the start the managers were so helpful. The room was airy and bright. All the outside areas are well looked after. I'm very surprised by some of the other reviews as I was more then pleased with my stay. It is not a serviced hotel in the middle of surfers paradise, but a brilliantly located, family friendly establishment a little bit away from the sometimes frantic pace of the beachfront.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked for this establishment through Wotif as a place to stay during a mini-getaway to Gold Coast for UFC on FX on Saturday 15th December 2012 and just to enjoy Surfers Paradise in general, had booked for 3 days. The main reason was price and affordability, I am a simple guy so didn't mind the standard of this place, one thing for sure is it's not 4 stars, more like 2.5 to 3 stars. I arrived at night, and was a bit confused on how to enter, but called the on-call number and was helped by probably one of the managers on getting my key and accessing the room. The room itself is big as a self-catered apartment, with the queen-sized bed in the room, and outside of the bedroom there was a small dining table, reasonably sized kitchen, lounge room with fold-out-bed-couch and an okay bathroom/laundry room, and a nice balacony. It was clean all over the apartment. I had to pay an extra $5 a night for airconditioning which was fine by me. It was actually quiet with the other customers in the building, and I could also park my car in the underground area. The only drawback I could say was the actual shower facility seemed a bit tired/rundown, with the shower taps coming off, the sliding-window was fragile, and kinda small, if you're a heavyweight it could be a struggle. But don't let that put you off, it may only be confined to that room, as I think overall it's a good establishment with staff that really did want to help me, so all-in-all I enjoy my 3 days at Karana Palms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Townsville, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed in Karana for two nights and had a terrible experience. Management was rude and unfriendly. I was asked to pay $5 extra per day for air con in my room. Which other 4 star hotel have this condition. I have never seen any.
Cant believe I was even asked to empty my own rubbish even after paying some $95 a night.
Bathroom was filthy. Shower was not cleaned. There were hairs in the bathroom. I never got any hand towel and face washer in my bathroom. In fact I didn't even got any basic amenities like shampoo and conditioner.
Definitely not a 4 star.

Room Tip: Never stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed during Schoolies as we were seeing a show in Brissie and it was far cheaper to stay on the Gold Coast! However after we made our booking, we were telephoned to check our ages as they didn't take schoolies. Their Wotif entry also states this. However when we arrived they had 3 schoolies groups staying! Not that they were any trouble but it seems inconsistent.

Hits: location - quiet, short walk to Surfers Paradise and Cavill Ave, and the Chevron Island shops in the other direction. Secure parking. Good pool. Spotless BBQ. Well equipped for a self contained stay. Lots of Foxtel channels provided. Starter pack of tea/coffee/sugar/detergent etc provided.

Misses: furniture a bit tired.Carpet has seen better days. Hairs in shower. Bathroom window rotting. No bathmat provided. No fan in bathroom. Dryer broken (the door was sitting on top of the washing machine!). Balcony sliding door about to fall out.

Overall the price is good and it's a nice quiet spot, but if it hadn't been Schoolies I'm sure other more modern options would've been available. It is just a bit tired but certainly good enough for a budget stay.

Room Tip: Front rooms overlook the pool, we had a side room which overlooked a number of the neighbours - whic...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We love Karana Palms. The location is fantastic an easy walk to patroled beach and all the attractions and restaurants in Surfers Paradise. The pool and BBQ area was great for children and parents. Very quiet and secure at night. The most helpful and freindly Management ever, nothing ever too much trouble. We have booked to come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Karana Palms Resort? Share your experiences!