“Great Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Friends and I had passed this place a few times and was always full. Great staff, fresh breakfast and plenty of options, staff happy to make changes to the menu. Great all round.

Gold Coast
“Almost perfect...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I visited this morning (Saturday) and there was an eclectic crowd there. The obligatory local mothers group, some young music-type execs (you know, cool bearded kids who would arrive at a meeting in a suit sans tie on a skateboard), retired couple, young family etc. Location is good facing the Hermes, Cartier stores etc diagonally across the road one way and the Surfers beachfront in the other. I ordered the traditional breakfast for $18 which I found excellent value for money. Sure there are cheaper options elsewhere but not of this quality. The sausages were packed with flavour and cooked to perfection; the juices rocketing out once pierced with a fork. The bacon was crispy but not burnt, the potatoe thingy spot on and the poached eggs sensational etc etc. Presentation was excellent while the girl who took my money was friendly.

I've only given it 4 stars (because I can't give it 4.5 stars) for a few small reasons. A poor analogy perhaps but I've been watching the winter Olympics lately and although I'm not a professional athlete (or cook) as an armchair observer one can often recognise excellence. Here are a couple of very small issues.

1. It took almost 20mins for my food to arrive. I only mention this as I had a meeting afterwards and was conscious of time. Normally I wouldn't care as I'd have a newspaper there but it seemed there were few other food orders so I'm not sure why the delay. Of course I'm happy to wait to get a breakfast of this caliber (cooked just right) but it just seemed too long. Thus if you're time pressed it may be prudent to ask expected cooking time when ordering.

2. I'd already had coffee and thus didn't order drinks. A waitress came by the table soon after with water but it wasn't iced, cold or room temperature. It was ever so slightly chilled, like it had been in the fridge about 10 minutes. Not sure whether that was an oversight or on purpose but it was odd.

3. Individually the ingredients were excellent and cooked well but the cohesion in some way seemed lacking...

4. Some of the staff could have been a bit more friendly.

These are small gripes. In summary, Delikatessen is a great option for a Gold Coast breakfast (I haven't eaten lunch there yet) and is excellent value at this price point. I plan to return there soon and will also recommend my friends to do so.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Delikayumm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Very kind staff, the one who served my coffee was friendly and helpful.
Her looks may have made this unbelievable coffee taste even better!!

Delicious food and a great atmosphere. Will go back and probably bring a few friends as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“best coffee & breeky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We came twice once for coffee on its own and came back again the next day foe coffee and breakfast, best mocha I have had in a while and the breakfast was great finished it with a fresh yummy Danish...beautiful food:-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Awesome breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Seems some negative reviews lately, highly suspicious these are real reviews..
I've eaten here many times as I live around the corner.. Always awesome and delicious, best in town bar none... Ordered a coffee on its own without food many a time as it's the delicious Byron bay coffee company beans ... Never an issue .. You DONT need to order food to haves. Coffee .. Breakfast here is the best in town , maybe $3-4 dearer than the greased up no flair normal cafe food but damn it's 100% better value ..

• Visited January 2014