Upon on arrival, there was quite a queue to check in which happened a lot whenever we needed to speak to anyone at reception. Although most staff quite helpful, could do with more staff on the front desk.
We shared a four bed dorm. There were towels, empty bottles, dirty knickers left from what I presume were people before. These remained in our room the whole time we were there. We never once saw anyone come and clean the room. The bathroom was dirty with cockroaches.
We went on the Backpackers Big Night Out which was quite badly organised. Promised 4 clubs with free and discounted drinks, went to two clubs with very few offers. Other hostels had their reps who looked after their group a lot better than the girls in charge of ours!
The bar and shop on site are quite good. The hostel promotes that there is a movie room but this only stays open til 6.
The kitchen is really small and thin and thr only common area is outside.
The one thing this hostel does have going for it is the location. Only a ten minute walk to the beach and bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpackers in Paradise is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise close to the beaches, night life, shopping and only 100 metres walk from the Bus Terminal. We offer travellers a fun and inviting place to stay in the perfect location to see and do everything the Gold Coast has to offer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Backpackers In Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers In Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Backpackers In Paradise Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise