The location is perfect, I can not fault it at all. Near Cavill Avenue where food and shopping are abundant yet not too close to be bothered by noise and people traffic, the hotel's location is definite plus. I particularly loved mornings waking up to a breathtaking view from my apartment at 21C. I also enjoy walking along the beach going to and from Cavill at night for dinner. And commute was fairly easy with bus stops just a couple of blocks from the hotel. What more can i ask?
The apartment is huge and comfortable, though quite dated especially the rooms. It only has 2 aircons for the lounge area and the master's bedroom, so my sons felt stuffy and warm in the other room despite the cool autumn nights. I can just imagine how difficult sleep can be during summer. The 4 nights we stayed at Breakfree Peninsula, my sons slept just one night in the room and the remainder at the lounge area. Oh, and the washing machine was busted the whole time we were there. Someone came in to supposedly repair it but it was not resolved at all. Hot water was also fickle as it comes and goes. Imagine being splashed with really hot or really cold water in the middle of a morning shower. Ugh.
All that remained bearable though since the apartment view is truly quite exceptional. What irked me the most though is the level of customer service, or lack thereof. Bad, bad, bad. :( They weren't rude, just detached and unhelpful. Maybe it's because the place is a self-service apartment? No room cleaning during the duration of our stay after all. So we were all on our own.
It was an overall great holiday, and I would still recommend the hotel to friends. Just don't expect much service. But the independence did help. Everyone pitched in and we were able to keep the place relatively clean. :) That's a big improvement for my kiddos. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Surfers Paradise Esplanade, BreakFree Peninsula offers sweeping views from the Gold Coast hinterland to the wide expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Just 100 metres to the beach and close to the retail and dining hub of Cavill Avenue, the resort offers quality, affordable accommodation ideal for a weekend getaway or family holiday. Located on the Surfers Paradise Esplanade, BreakFree Peninsula offers sweeping views from the Gold Coast hinterland to the wide expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Just 100 metres to the beach and close to the retail and dining hub of Cavill Avenue, the resort offers quality, affordable accommodation ideal for a weekend getaway or family holiday. Accommodation options include one, two and three-bedroom apartments, most with stunning ocean views. If you want to pay a small amount more you can live it up Surfers Paradise style in our 2 bedroom deluxe ocean apartments that have been completely refurbished. All apartments feature their own balcony, ceiling fans, hair dryer, in-room safe, Foxtel, security access and intercom, and full kitchen and laundry facilities. Onsite there are many facilities to choose from including three swimming pools, children's wading pool and playground, heated spa, sauna, gymnasium, tennis court, BBQ facilities and in-room massage. We are just down the road from Cavill Mall, the shopping and dining hub of Surfers Paradise, and close to all the action of Surfers Paradise without being surrounded by it all day and night. Directly opposite the beach, BreakFree Peninsula offers family friendly facilities and the perfect location for your Surfers Paradise escape. Maintenance Notice: Until the 6th July the outdoor pool area will be closed until 5pm, Mon - Fri and Saturday until 1:30pm. The indoor pool will remain open 7am -9pm daily. Temporary fencing may be in place around the property with partial access to the front entrance. During this time some construction noise may be experienced between 8am and 4pm Mon-Fri and 8am- 1:30pm Sat. Balcony access may be limited during certain periods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Breakfree Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Peninsula Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Peninsula Hotel Breakfree
- Peninsula Apartments
- Surfers Paradise Peninsula
- Breakfree Peninsula Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise