We got a really good deal for 7 days to stay at one of the breakfree's in surfers paradise. We chose the peninsula and I must say, if we had paid full price I would've demanded my money back and changed hotels.
The first room we got put into was filthy, there was dust on everything and toothpaste on the back of the bedroom door and had only ceiling fans, no air conditioning. You must request it if you want it?!?!?!?!? We then asked to change to a different room as without air con the room was so stuffy and hot.
It was as though we were an inconvenience to the staff member behind the counter.
After she was all 'set up' she managed to find us another room. Again, the cleanliness was questionable.
As we have stayed at the Breakfree on George st in Sydney, our expectations were quite high. Needless to say we were extremely disappointed.
The location is great as you are in the heart of Surfers and the pools were quite nice but I would never return to this hotel.
I would recommend the cleaning staff be re-trained and the staff to be taught about customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Surfers Paradise Esplanade, BreakFree Peninsula offers sweeping views from the Gold Coast hinterland to the wide expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Just 100 metres to the beach and close to the retail and dining hub of Cavill Avenue, the resort offers quality, affordable accommodation ideal for a weekend getaway or family holiday. Accommodation options include one, two and three-bedroom apartments, most with stunning ocean views. If you want to pay a small amount more you can live it up Surfers Paradise style in our 2 bedroom deluxe ocean apartments that have been completely refurbished. All apartments feature their own balcony, ceiling fans, hair dryer, in-room safe, Foxtel, security access and intercom, and full kitchen and laundry facilities. Onsite there are many facilities to choose from including three swimming pools, children's wading pool and playground, heated spa, sauna, gymnasium, tennis court, BBQ facilities and in-room massage. We are just down the road from Cavill Mall, the shopping and dining hub of Surfers Paradise, and close to all the action of Surfers Paradise without being surrounded by it all day and night. Directly opposite the beach, BreakFree Peninsula offers family friendly facilities and the perfect location for your Surfers Paradise escape. **PLEASE NOTE** Airconditioning is available in some apartments only. Hence it is on request but subject to availability. For your convenience we cannot accept bookings for same day arrivals outside of reception hours. Maintenance Advise: BreakFree Peninsula Refurbishment Works: 1 October - 19 December 2014 & 27 January to 19 September 2015 From 1 October until 19 December 2014 and 27 January to 19 September 2015 refurbishment work is being undertaken. The work includes some drilling and jack hammering noise between the hours of 8am and 4pm. During the refurbishment dates entry to the property will be partially blocked off and there will be restricted access to some balconies. Until 19 December 2014 the outdoor pool area will be closed until 11am daily. From 27 January until 19 September 2015 the outdoor pool area will be out of operation. The indoor pool will remain open from 7am until 9pm throughout the entire refurbishment period. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Breakfree Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Peninsula Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Peninsula Hotel Breakfree
- Peninsula Apartments
- Surfers Paradise Peninsula
- Breakfree Peninsula Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise