“Cheap, clean, convenient - great value and will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments

Save Saved
You added Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments to your Saves list
Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   50 Stanhill Drive, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Bungendore, Australia
“Cheap, clean, convenient - great value and will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We picked this because it seemed close to Surfers Paradise, and it was. It was a short walk over the bridge from Chevron Island to the centre of Surfers and all the places to eat. We were heading out most days to theme parks and could get the car out and back easily.

The apartment was spotless, and had everything we needed if we were going to self cater. Chevron Island shops and eateries were not far away for supplies.

Aircon is an extra charge per night, so factor that into your price comparison and ask for it if the weather will require it. The aircon is in the lounge room so doesn't disturb the bedroom sleepers, and was fairly quiet anyway.

Stupidly, the apartments were built without direct fan/venting in the bathrooms, so you do have to keep the bathroom door open during the day to air and dry it.

The pool is mainly in shade by late afternoon/early evening, so isn't always inviting for an end-of-day dip - not actually cold once you get in, though!

Room Tip: The apartments are arranged around six staircases but only four staircases have direct access to/fro...

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My Mum and I stayed at Chevron Palms at the end of January and I have to say I to cannot understand why there are negative comments about this property.
This property advertises itself as a 3.5* self contained property and in no way does it decieves its clients!
The apartment had plenty of room, a self contained kitchen if you needed to cook (however it was so close to the restraunts in Surfers that we only made toast for brekkie and ate out the rest of the time!)
We also had a washing machine and dryer in the apartment which was a huge plus!!
The Resort itself was lovely and quiet, the grounds were clean and well maintained and the location was perfect!
We could have walked over the bridge to Surfers but because there is also underground parking at the resort we did tend to drive everywhere!
Karen and Peter the managers were lovely! And respect the privacy of their guests.
The reception is full of information and they are happy to help with booking tours etc.
Both my mother and I were more then impressed with Chevron Palms and next time we are in Surfers we will be staying again!
I would happily recommend this property to my clients!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Woolgoolga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at Chevron Palms for 5 days/nights. It is well located close to Surfers Paradise and the bridge across the River gives it an almost secluded, peaceful feel. It is a quiet place, with lovely BBQ, Pool and view of the river. The courtyard Palm trees give a tropical feel. The rooms are very good value, and it is very clean, neat and tidy. Peter and Karen, (Managers) are very friendly and helpful people, and my stay was very pleasant. A perfect spot for mature holiday makers who want to be close enough to walk to the centre, yet away from the city noise so as to be able to relax. Steven - Woolgoolga

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We just had a lovely weekend at the Gold Coast and picked Chevron Palms because of it's location - short walk across the bridge to Surfers Paradise.
The staff were lovely and friendly and very welcoming and the grounds/room were clean and tidy. We live in Brisbane and like our weekend trips away and would stay here again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We have just returned from 8 nights at Chevron Palms, and we absolutely loved it. The service was fantastic, and the hotel managers looked after us extremely well and complied with any request we made. We can't understand why anyone would feel the need to put this place down, as we have no complaints whatsoever, and know that others who were staying there at the time were just as satisfied with the accommodation as we were. As for the comment made by Slipslopslap1, there will be loud people anywhere you stay, that was nothing to do with the management of Chevron Palms. We found their service extremely professional and the owners were lovely and willing to do anything for us. We had a fantastic stay, and would recommend it to anyone!

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have always used tripadvisor as a gauge on where I stay when away from home but never really thought of writing any reviews until now. I revisited tripadvisor and saw the recent review but was already booked, so I was very particular in observing if the service has changed from the last time I stayed at the building.

Wellll....I have just come back from a wonderful stay at Chevron Palms. It may be a slight distance to Surfers Paradise but I have been coming back to this place whenever I need to be in the Gold Coast.

I have found the managers, Karen and Peter, to be wonderful hosts.

This is not a five star resort and common sense would have to prevail when making reviews. You get what you pay for, but in this case, you do get more for it – just don’t go expecting too much like concierge or 24 hour security inspection (it is after all a one bedroom self contained unit).

It's a wonderful place to stay in for the price.

Just an FYI from those reading the reviews below:

When someone is making noise at 6am, normal people who are bothered by it would contact reception immediately and identify where the noise is coming from.

The only time a charge would have been made was if it were a nuisance call. There is no way something would be done hours after when the noise is no longer happening and one cannot identify where it’s emanating from.

Karen has always been polite and the management team bends backward to accommodate requests. They run a very tight ship. The room is always clean and sure, it is showing its age, but it has always been in tiptop shape whenever I stay there.

You are given a welcome pack on check in – meaning, when you arrive, tired and wanting to go to the loo, you do not have to go running around buying toilet rolls, etc. – once you’re settled or have used up the initial supply you have to provide for your own. That’s how it is with any other place I’ve stayed in unless I were at a Hyatt, Hilton or the Marriott.

You pay for your accommodation – not a nanny service. Once you’re checked in, do not think managers have a responsibility to look after you. IF there were a problem with the room or the amenities, you report it. Otherwise, remember they are not at your beck and call.

You do not get locked out of your room unless it’s for non payment or a violation of the rules of the complex – so don’t get too excited.

And finally, RESPECT is a two way street, learn to have one before you get one...mostly, you earn it. Just sayin’...

Room Tip: it is a one bedroom unit - do not try to be cheapskates fitting three or more people because it woul...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 via mobile

I could write a novel on the disgusting service I and other guests received whilst staying at the Chevron Palms. But it doesn't seem like I need to as there are already plenty of complaints about the horrificly tempered Karen from reception.
I had made a phone call once reception was opened to ask if anything could be done about an incessently rude swearing loud guest staying next door to us after being awoken by him at 6am. Karen was even worse than him telling me that they can't do anything because I couldn't tell her the room number or his name. He explained to me that I should have called the 'night manager' when it started which would have resulted in a $50 charge. She said she had other things to do and if she can she will send someone up. I told her that I also work in the hospitality industry and that that is no way to treat a paying guest. She said she didn't have to deal with it at told me she had to go. After half an hour when nothing was done I went down to ask her to hear it for herself as you could hear it from reception and she gave me a terrible look and said 'someone's handling it'. With that I thought it would be best if I explain to her the way her service is making me feel and she walked away from me, said I don't care who you are and told me to p*** off. She then walked around and locked the door so I couldnt get back into my apartment block. After having to yell up to my friends on the balcony to let me in Karen came back out yelling at me calling me a horrible lying girl. I treated her with nothing but professionalism and was terribly shocked that a woman was allowed to treat people like that, let alone people that she has a responsibility to look after.
No respect for guests, do not stay there under any circumstances. Every review here is true and every reply management has made shows how vicious they are dismissing all thoughts their guests have. Never been treated like that in my life. Nightmare!!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!