We recently booked a studio room on Bookings.com for the Chateau Beachside, it's a nice 'older' hotel but our studio was extremely spacious with amazing views. Separate ensuite, kitchen with hotplates, microwave, toaster/kettle etc. for food preparation if you are wanting to save some $$ by dining in. A dining area for 4 as well as a sofa bed and flat screen TV.
It's winter in Oz ATM and the unit was extremely warm and comfortable with no need to rug up. May get very hot in Summer. There is a sliding door with a tiny edge as a balcony but you cannot sit on the balcony, just stand and take pix - pity because the view is out of this world.
Central location, a block from Cavill Avenue. Carpark facilities available if driving down during your booking, if you choose to leave your car after checking out or prior to checking in they will charge you :( Restaurant downstairs offering all you can eat breaky for $15 if you require this, but heaps of restaurant within walking distance with fast food outlets less than 5 mins walk.
This resort, is quiet which is a huge bonus for light sleepers. It is a studio so open plan living which was not a problem for our overnight stay, but if staying longer you may want more room. Much better than a hotel room for the same price.
Beautiful pool is available as well as two separate spas - too cold for us to use in Winter.
Some of the lighting did not work which was a pest when we arrived late one night as unable to find our way around - we did report this on checking out - hopefully this has been rectified. Also we could NOT get wifi to work.
Having foreigners at the front desk makes communicating rather difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau Beachside Resort is the ideal location for your next relaxing getaway. Only one block North of Cavill Mall, The Chateau Beachside is located in the heart of the shopping, dining and entertainment precinct. Featuring 3.5 Star rated facilities and the world famous sandy shores of Surfers Paradise just metres away, you're sure to find what you are looking for right here!Situated in the heart of Surfers Paradise, all units have spectacular ocean views of the famous Surfers Paradise beach below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Chateau Beachside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beachside Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Chateau Beachside Surfers Paradise
- Chateau Beachside Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise