Firstly, I will say that we really like Chateau Beachside. We have stayed there many times, in various rooms, on various levels and will continue to do so. The beauty about Beachside is location, location, location. Directly opposite the beach and Cavill Mall just a block away, it's right in the heart of everything and if its not in the immediate vicinity, its only 5 minutes walk. There are lots of bars and restaurants in the area, including Surfers Sand Cafe on the ground floor which is definately worth a visit. Cheerful staff, good food and reasonable prices. Both Coles and Woolworths are also close by. Big pool, spas and games room for the kids. Chateau Beachside is not 5 star accommodation and this is reflected in the rooms. Some rooms are very well appointed and others have the very minimum basics on offer. It seems to depend on the indiividual owner of that room. On some occasions we've had to go out and buy simple items like sink plugs, can or bottle opener, or decent sized glasses. However, everything is clean and tidy in the rooms themselves which is a credit to the staff. This visit we were very pleased to be told we were located on the beach end, Floor 18. Wonderful views up and down the glitter strip of Sufers and high enough to escape some of the street night noise which travels upwards. I would score it Excellent and 5/5 except for one major issue which we have noticed on previous visits to Chateau Beachside and this reduced the score to Very Good 4/5. Somewhere on or around the 18th floor there's a pressure controlled pump that regularly cuts in and runs for exactly 4 minutes. This pump penetrates throughout the whole floor and not doubt probably down to Floor 17 as well because its very LOUD and very intrusive when it cuts in and out throughout the night. We drew it to the attention of a staff member but never heard from him again to what the issue was. In the days of modern pump technology combined with decent sound proofing, to my mind it would be a very simple matter to address and resolve this problem to the comfort of guests. Certainly it's unacceptable and something we've never experienced in highrise accommodation anywhere worldwide and its need fixing pronto. Other than this Chateau Beachside is at the cheaper end of costs, but you will be rewarded and happy in your choice.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beachside Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Chateau Beachside Surfers Paradise
- Chateau Beachside Hotel
- Chateau Beachside Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau Beachside Resort is the ideal location for your next relaxing getaway. Only one block North of Cavill Mall, The Chateau Beachside is located in the heart of the shopping, dining and entertainment precinct. Featuring 4 Star AAA rated facilities and the world famous sandy shores of Surfers Paradise just metres away, you're sure to find what you are looking for right here!Situated in the heart of Surfers Paradise, all units have spectacular ocean views of the famous Surfers Paradise beach below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Chateau Beachside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.