“Nice hotel, friendly staff, enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise

You added Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 Gold Coast Hwy, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Parkroyal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne
“Nice hotel, friendly staff, enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a weekend in November for a business meeting in one of the smaller function rooms, and to plan a large conference for 2015. It's situated a couple of
blocks back from the world renowned Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach beaches. We pre-arranged a chauffeur driven taxi to transport three of us from the Gold Coast airport at Coolangatta (basically for the cost of a single taxi fare with no hassles). The airport is a largish airport with several daily flights with major airlines from regional, interstate and international locations. The airport is a 30-45 minute drive from the hotel, with several airport transfer options.

The standard accommodation rooms are modern and comfy - no complaints. The King Rooms are larger with more space and less like a hotel. Facilities for business meetings are good. A few good restaurants nearby offer good dining options (we dined at nearby Chiangmai Thai Restaurant - excellent). Many of the hotel rooms have great views of either the Gold Coast beaches, or the lush inland hinterland.

Local transport via light rail:– The Gold Coast G:link light rail service stops at the front door of the hotel (Florida Gardens station). The G: light rail system services 16 tram stations along a 13 kilometre stretch from Gold Coast University Hospital in the north to Broadbeach in the south.

The Crowne Plaza features the Four Winds restaurant — Queensland's only revolving (seafood and international) restaurant. The elevated restaurant provides magnificent views along the Gold Coast and to the inland hinterland. The restaurant has a great variety of food, including seafood, and does two seatings of a night time. It takes an hour to revolve once. If taking breakfast in the shade on a sunny day in the restaurant, you will be in the sun within an hour. The best views are aroundlunch time, or early evening at dusk (at night, the Gold Coast lights are impressive, but better before it gets too dark).

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible to get the best views, and think about looking either beachward...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent a few nights in the 19th floor. The staff were fantastic, the views amazing, but the rooms are a bit dated. The patrolled beach is a short stroll but if you want affordable family meals a short drive to Surfers or Broadbeach is just the trick. Recommended.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I have recently arrived from Florida and unaware of the Schoolies phenomenon until after we had booked our trip. We arrived with trepidation, but thankfully, the hotel did not seem to attract the Schoolies crowd. The location was just far enough away from Cavill to avoid the party! We Arrived early, but our room was ready. My husband' s priority club status had earned an upgrade, but the receptionist recommended we stick to the corner room (12) in the main hotel, that we had booked. We took her advice and the room was lovely - high floor with a sea view, triple aspect, balcony and a massive bathroom, with a deep corner tub. The bed was huge and comfy and the amenities as per Crowne Plaza standard, apart from the lack of complimentary bottled water. The pool area was large, with plenty of sun loungers - not the most comfortable I have ever experienced. We ate lunch one day at the tavern attached to the hotel. The Greek Salad was substantial and delicious and my husband enjoyed his burger - Much better value than the poolside offerings. We enjoyed our 3 nights and would return if in the area.

Room Tip: The corner rooms eg 1612 are great.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visited the Crowne on a business trip, and the hotel was a good choice for this. I had a high floor room in the Gold Tower - it was spacious, spotlessly clean, and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable, making for a great night's sleep, and the sachet hot chocolate option was a good supplement to the usual tea and coffee.

The food was also good - the breakfast buffet was wonderful, with ample choice and excellent food. One small niggle was not being offered tea or coffee when I was seated for breakfast - this is standard procedure at most hotels, and a simple thing that makes a big difference.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Coffs Harbour, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a king room on the 4th floor. We enjoyed our stay and loved the location of the hotel. It's away from the rat race but within walking distance to Cavill Ave and Pacific Fair. If you are not keen on walking then the tram is just out the front. HOWEVER... There were a few things about the hotel that dissapointed us. Our booking was originally a wotif 2 night booking for the long weekend in June. We were unable to come that date due to work, so paid a $25 fee to change the date. So we paid long weekend rates for a non event weekend. I had hoped for an upgrade to make up for the price difference (which was considerable) but on checking in I was informed that I could pay an extra $25 per night if I wanted a higher floor upgrade. Perhaps I should have loudly mentioned that we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday (we really were), as another reviewer said she got an upgrade AND a bottle of bubbly because it was their anniversary. Anyway we were happy with our 4th floor room but I do think the cleaners should be more attentive. I picked up a Hong Kong coin next to the bed, the plastic cap off a razor on the bathroom floor, and there were (and I'll bet still are) a pair of men's socks in the drawer. I was expecting our room to be serviced while we were out for most of the day but came back at 2pm to find it hadn't been done. Couldn't even have a cup of tea as all the t bags had been used. We went to the pool and asked if our room could be serviced while we had a swim. The pool is lovely but freezing! Spa is excellent.
Probably the most dissapointing thing was that we were woken at 2am by screaming fully clothed drunk girls in the pool and they stayed for over 1/2 an hour. We finally got back to sleep then at 4am a loud drunk couple were in the pool and they were also in there for some time. Is there no security at this hotel!!!!! They may not have been hotel guests but the pool is clearly visible to reception, and staff would have been able to hear the screaming and yelling. The pool is supposed to close at 9pm.
I find it hard to believe that an international hotel on the Gold Coast does not have free wifi. The fee was a ridiculous $9 for 2 hours. Asian tourists must be horrified at this. I have travelled extensively in Asia and even in remote cheap hotels and guest houses they all have free wifi. The Crown Plaza needs to realise its 2014 and guests expect free wifi.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay again because of the location and free parking but certain aspects of this hotel need improving

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria T, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Holidayer20,

Thank you for providing my team and I with your feedback following your recent stay with us here on the Gold Coast! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our location and proximity to the GLink tram provides ours guests with great convenience.

​I do note from your review that your booking was made through a third party site - unfortunately each individual site does set its own restrictions and penalties for changes or amendments. I am pleased to hear that once requested our Housekeeping team prioritised a service for your room, the team work right the way through to 4pm for daily servicing.

Holidayer20 I would like to offer a sincere apology for the disturbance you experienced during the evening. I have shared your concerns directly with our Manager on Duty, and Security teams who are also available 24/7 via Reception to assist our guests with any requests or concerns that may arise.

​When next considering reservations with us, please don't hesitate to contact myself direct. It would be my pleasure to personally oversee your next stay with us.

Warm regards,

Chris​topher Stokoe
Rooms Division Manager
christopher.stokoe@ihg.com​
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The AFCC had its yearly conference at the Crowne. What can I say - having arranged conferences before I was very impressed with the price, the smooth running, the professional staff, great food etc. I would definitely recommend this venue for a conference - very up market and lovely high class motel.

It was so handy to all of the amenities that Surfers Paradise has to offer

Room Tip: Try and get a balcony room facing the ocean
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for two nights as a little getaway after booking a mystery hotel through wotif.

The hotel is clean and well kept, and the marble bathroom is my fave. However it is a bit dated and a tiny bit too far away from everything (20min walk) for my liking.

Only thing I really disliked was they had lumpy pillows?? Like super lumpy. Just think it's a bit slack for a five star hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!