Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a weekend in November for a business meeting in one of the smaller function rooms, and to plan a large conference for 2015. It's situated a couple of
blocks back from the world renowned Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach beaches. We pre-arranged a chauffeur driven taxi to transport three of us from the Gold Coast airport at Coolangatta (basically for the cost of a single taxi fare with no hassles). The airport is a largish airport with several daily flights with major airlines from regional, interstate and international locations. The airport is a 30-45 minute drive from the hotel, with several airport transfer options.
The standard accommodation rooms are modern and comfy - no complaints. The King Rooms are larger with more space and less like a hotel. Facilities for business meetings are good. A few good restaurants nearby offer good dining options (we dined at nearby Chiangmai Thai Restaurant - excellent). Many of the hotel rooms have great views of either the Gold Coast beaches, or the lush inland hinterland.
Local transport via light rail:– The Gold Coast G:link light rail service stops at the front door of the hotel (Florida Gardens station). The G: light rail system services 16 tram stations along a 13 kilometre stretch from Gold Coast University Hospital in the north to Broadbeach in the south.
The Crowne Plaza features the Four Winds restaurant — Queensland's only revolving (seafood and international) restaurant. The elevated restaurant provides magnificent views along the Gold Coast and to the inland hinterland. The restaurant has a great variety of food, including seafood, and does two seatings of a night time. It takes an hour to revolve once. If taking breakfast in the shade on a sunny day in the restaurant, you will be in the sun within an hour. The best views are aroundlunch time, or early evening at dusk (at night, the Gold Coast lights are impressive, but better before it gets too dark).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast