“Not Bad At All” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 Gold Coast Hwy, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Parkroyal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #17 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Not Bad At All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We booked an ocean view room through Priority Privilege using a 2 nights for the price of 1 voucher. When making my booking, and selecting the 2 for 1 voucher tab, the prices displayed for the room selection were already discounted 50%. This was not made clear and leads you to thinking it is the full nightly rate. Thus when it came time to check out, the total was actually double what I had anticipated having to pay. I feel the wording when making the booking is ambiguous and I am very sure I am not the only one to make this mistake ( as pointed out by the receptionist ).

Despite that, the room was very spacious, clean with full bar service, free parking and a beautiful ocean view. So despite paying more than I expected, I was still very happy with the hotel and its facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Shereen G,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, and for being a loyal member of our Priority Privilege Club. Please do not ever hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you require clarification on special member offers, as I am aware you receive a number of vouchers with your membership pack.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again, next time you are visiting Australia.

464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

it's a bit far from the vibrant part of surfer's paradise, around 15 min walk. the room was just amazing! very clean and comfortable and the view to the ocean is stunning! over all the services and staff were also great. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ChristianeNSW,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us last November and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit.
I do hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the not too distant future.
Whakatane, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed 8 nights at this hotel last week, with a friend and my 9 year old daughter. The staff were so welcoming and helpful during our stay and we couldn't of asked for anything more. We had a ocean view twin room with fabulous views and my daughter practically lived in the pool every arvo after we got bk from our aadventures. The pool was a great size 1.1m which was wonderful to use for kids or adults wanting to cool down. Concierege staff were amazing as you never felt like you couldn't ask them anything and i asked a lot lol. Short taxi ride to surfers township which cost approx $9-$11 and bus stops on either side just a hop step and a jump. Ordered room service and the food was delicious and didn't cost the earth. Overall my daughter loved the hotel so i couldn't ask for much more :)

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms def have a beautiful view levels 10 up :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Nicki A,
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise for your accommodation needs during your recent visit to the Gold Coast.
I am thrilled to hear you and (especially) your daughter enjoyed our services and facilities and that we met your expectations.
Thank you for sharing your comments accordingly and I hope we can be of service to you once again when you visit from New Zealand.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My visit to this hotel was done on rewards points so it made it an amazing value! Although it was a rewards stay, the hotel gave me an amazing room; oceanview, high floor, King! The room was huge, bathroom had a soaking tub and separate shower, views from all sides were incredible! This Crowne although a bit tired, was squeaky clean- there is free parking, and the front desk service was exceptional. The only drawback to this hotel is it is a bit far the any action. We walked one way to dinner at the Broadbeach area, took the monorail to the casino, and then decided to take a cab home as we had done enough for the day. It is also about a 3 block walk to a non-patrolled section of beach and another few hundred meters to patrolled beach. All in all a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for high up, oceanview.
Dear Sailgirl62,
Many thanks for choosing to redeem your Priority Club Rewards points with us recently and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope you still have some points 'to burn' from your membership and that we may see you again soon!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Arrived 3 hours early and the rooms was not ready (not that we expected it to be), however the reception staff, Jenae & Danielle, were fantastic. They made us feel very welcome, allowed us to use the facilities whilst we waited and then called us when the room was ready.
The service was outstanding, with the staff being very attentive. Breakfast was included and the choice was great, even for the more discerning eaters. Chefs would cook eggs to order and were most helpful. The wait staff in the dining room were great (Royce and Azizi), explaining how everything worked.
Rooms were always clean and plenty of towels provided. The hotel is located between Cavill Ave and Broadbeach, so if you don’t might a 15 min stroll it’s in a great location. We certainly couldn’t complain.
Although we won’t be travelling again until mid-2014, this will be the first place we look at staying.
Check out the deals they offer, for the 8 nights we stayed I considered it to be great value.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher the room the better the view. We were on the 8th floor and the view was fine. W...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Daniel M,
Thank you so much for your sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community at large and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I will certainly pass on your comments directly to Jenae, Danielle, Royce and Azizi as they are great ambassadors for Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we looking forward to being of service to you once again when you return in mid 2014.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Says short walk to surfers or broadbeach but in reality the hotel is a short taxi ride to both locations. Beds were past use by as were room furnishings . Pool area is very small and tends to be shaded.
Being a Crowne Plaza we imagined 4 or 4.5 star but in reality a mere 3 star and of lesser quality than the 'old' holiday inn at surfers. Staff were friendly and nice.
It was a chore getting any custom cooked eggs at the $29 breaky buffet because the sole egg chef was always overworked. Bar food was good value.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear couta99,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I am very sorry to hear we failed to meet your expectations, but I will certainly follow up directly with my team on the issues mentioned.
With regard to the hotel's current star rating (4.5 star) - this is assessed independently by AAA Tourism and in fact our most recent assessment was conducted only last month in December.
I'm not sure which tower you stayed in when you were with us but we have two pools - one small and one very large - and all guests (regardless of the tower they are staying in) can use either.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and should you be willing to give us another try at some stage, please contact me directly and I will do my utmost to ensure you have a great stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Arrived and thought this place looks tired and that apricot paintwork has to go!!! Rooms average and the housemaid could never quite make the bed properly apparently tucking in the bottom sheet is just too hard...We had the luck of the American baseball team on one side and the screaming baby on the other. The walls are paper thin...Complaints were made and we were immediately offered a rate reduction and staff did take our complaints seriously even though the maid could still not make the bed correctly. The pool area is nice and not too packed considering it was school holidays...We did like the location as close too Broadbeach and Surfers. We would stay here again as we liked the location but don't expect a five star experience.

Room Tip: Choose one with thick insulation!!!
Dear Cody4489,
I was so sorry to hear of the noise and housekeeping issues which you experienced during your stay. Thank you for letting us know at the time as I do know the Duty Manager followed up directly with the visiting baseball team management. I have also conveyed your comments to the housekeeping team as it is most unusual to receive such a complaint.
Please accept my most sincere apologies and I am pleased that you were compensated accordingly and that we took your complaints seriously.
Please contact me personally next time you visit the Gold Coast and I will do my utmost to redeem ourselves for your recent disappointment.
david.brown@ihg.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!