“Room for improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise

You added Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 Gold Coast Hwy, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Parkroyal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Reception very good and checked us in early. Room had biscuit/cracker just under bed was there for whole stay. Curtains had blood on them not sure if it was from human or insect. Balcony and carpets had hair and sand all over them.

• Stayed December 2012
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Blueeyes 1969,
I was very sorry to hear of the issues which you experienced with the standard of housekeeping in your room during your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for our shortcomings on this occasion.
I would be most grateful if you could email me with the dates of your stay and the room number which you stayed in so that I may follow up accordingly.
Thank you for bringing your comments to my attention and I look forward to hearing from you.
david.brown@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sunshine Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here recently with my husband, during school holiday time. It was crazily busy around the Gold Coast but it never really felt so hectic within the hotel, which was nice. I booked last minute via an expedia 'mystery deal', so was not expecting much of the room but was pleasantly surprised to be allocated a Superior King room on the 2nd floor with a fabulous view of the ocean. The girl who checked me in was very friendly and welcoming - I didn't catch her name but she had an American/Canadian (?) accent. The rooms were quite nice with some signs of wear and tear on the carpet and cupboard finishings. The bathroom was nice and spacious and the bed was comfortable. We had a good night's sleep and couldn't hear any noise from the busy road below, which was great. The Concierge organised a private transfer for us out to dinner, and this was very affordable. The only negative of our stay was that the location was a bit out of the way for us - we usually stay in Broadbeach and it was just that little bit too far to walk, but that's just a personal thing. We also had a problem with the air conditioning - it wasn't working the first night so we were quite hot but it kicked in again on the second night which was good. I loved the lifts and enjoying the view through the glass windows - pretty cool! Thanks to all at Crowne Plaza for a great mid-week getaway!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger than standard rooms (King bed also I believe).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MrsDilanni,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us recently and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry you encountered difficulties with the airconditioning in your room on one evening but that this was rectified the following day.
Thanks again for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise and we hope to see you again sometime soon.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night as a get away. Get a room high up and away from the road as it can be a bit loud though not enough to prevent sleep. Rooms are a good size, clean and service is reasonable. We also had a very nice breakfast. Would recommend it for a short break unless you're under 25 then surfers paradise is the place for you.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the road as possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear 500AMB,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and sharing your comments accordingly.
I do hope we can be of service to you once again in the not too distant future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had an enjoyable stay here - with a good location between Surfers CBD and Broadbeach.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable- with a nice view looking back over Surfers.

Pool was plenty big enough to swim - and looked invitingy lit in the evening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear HolidaySpeak1,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time.
Thank you for sharing your comments accordingly.
Bangor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Had a celebration lunch here.super views and good menu.Soup was ordinary but desserts spectacular.Would have liked another curry in that section of menu.staff were very attentive.
We were last to leave and I think we/it went around twice.!
Nice place to go to have good food, relax and ,if you have not seen Surfers and the suburbs before,it's a real treat.
Parking is very easy in the Hotel basement and the lift goes right to the 26th floor where the restaurant is located.Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear BangorBarney,
Many thanks for posting your review on Queensland's only revolving restaurant - Four Winds 360, here at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit - and the amazing views from the 26th floor.
Laurencekirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at The Crowne Plaza and found the service, food and location to be excellent.
There is an excellent choice at Breakfast and dinner in The Revolving Restaurant is a culinary delight.

Room Tip: Corner rooms give excellent views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Littlebrownjug11,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community at large.
I do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us once again, next time you visit Australia.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I love this hotel and have stayed here many times.The beds are comfy and the views outstanding.My only gripe was at check in ,I felt the young lady not very friendly when I mentioned that I didn't have a credit card.I prepaid my accom and was happy to leave a cash deposit of $100 per day.She then didn't give me a receipt and was quite snooty when I asked for one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Georgina829,
Many thanks for staying with us recently - and for your regular patronage of the hotel. It is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests and I am so sorry that you encountered difficulties upon check in. Please rest assured we always follow up on such feedback so thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.
Once again - many thanks for continuing to select us as your preferred hotel on the Gold Coast and do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you personally at any time in the future.
david.brown@ihg.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!