Early in September my husband and I plus another couple stayed at this hotel in the Eldorado section. Whilst we had stayed there a number of times it was new to our friends. It was a special occasion for my girlfriend who was celebrating her 70th birthday. From the moment they walked into their lovely King room with its great space, delightful bathroom and wonderful views they were in awe. We had a suite and were equally happy. The hotel just has something special. We have found that apart from one occasion the staff and management are fantastic, present with a friendly manner and ready to help. The outdoor section of the hotel is also delightful has two really nice swimming pools and has the cutest chapel set in beautiful gardens, to me a wonderful place for a wedding. We found the food a little disappointing. It used to have two excellent restaurants when we first visited in 1996 however there is now only the one restaurant in the hotel plus the revolving restaurant on the top of the hotel. This I believe is a separately run place, whilst the views are great the food in the opinion of our friends and ourselves was not up to standard for the price. The hotel is halfway between Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise which presents some limitations without a car although the bus is directly out the front of the hotel. We found that with four of us it was just as cheap to get taxis. The suites have a micro wave but no toaster which means that you either need to pay for a hotel breakfast or go into Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise , a slight nuisance if you are staying for several days or have children and do not want the expense of paying for breakfast although I am of the belief that in the Gold Tower there are rooms with kitchens something to keep in mind if you do not wish to have to purchase breakfast each day. If you are a member of the Priority Privilege Club this is a great hotel to make use of your vouchers to gain a much better room price and have 50% deducted of the food account when two people eat, only in the restaurant.
A very pleasant hotel to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast