“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Silverton Holiday Apartments

You added Silverton Holiday Apartments to your Saves list
Silverton Holiday Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2940 Gold Coast Hwy, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #52 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

First impressions - very good on arrival. Very spacious 2 bedroom apartment with separate large dining, kitchen and loungeroom. Price was very good at $122 per night. Views of Nerang River were good. However, couldn't get the air conditioner to turn on and wifi port not obtainable on our floor (11th), pool not heated as specified on website and ensuite bathroom was in need of a paint job and repair with tile coming out in shower and towel rail falling down. There was also renovations going on with loud banging in rooms above and next to us which caused some sleep issues.

Room Tip: High floor gave us a good vantage point but not good for wifi
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I believe they recently made a lot of changes lately as We had a very clean and Lovely rooom with great views and friendly and helpful staff assistance on hand when needed.
I must admit after seeing the reviews on Tripadvisor I was not looking forward to staying there with my family of 7 but as others like me previously I had already Booked on the website and had no avenue out, So on the week we arrived we were welcomed immediately by the front of house staff and given our keys to our room we did not know what to expect but to our amazement our room was wonderful and Clean and we enjoyed all the facilities they had to offer eg, Pool, Tennis court, Games room for the Kids and we were not far from the major shopping outlets at all.
We were all left with Smiles from ear to ear Good move Silverton "I guess you do read these reviews" keep up the good work and thanks for the Great Stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Emerald, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Rooms were large, but old and dirty. Still had rubbiush in room from previous tennants. We turned up, waited ages for staff to even come to reception. Hired 2 x 3 bed appartments but they would only provide 2 carparks in total, and they have no extra parking. When they worked out we were there for a bucks weekend they called the police and claimed someone threw 5 cents off the balcony, and kicked us out. We had literally checked in, dropped our bags and gone shopping. Even the cops were embarrassed and appologetic. Then the thieves still charged the full weekend on the credit card we provided.
No one we know will ever stay there again.
How somewhere this bad can survive in this market is a mystery.
Very overpriced for the condition of the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Stay at a better hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Noosa, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked and paid in advance (silly) for a 2 bed apartment for a weekend away for my daughter -in laws bithday. We had plans to book in, have an afternoon watching the footy with a beer and head off to the casino for the night.

On arrival, wandered to the reception, to find a flustered lady trying to book in a few people and picking up the phone as it rang and putting it straight back down.

Finally got the the room, and no power! Rang reception and she told us where to find to electricity box, and told us to see if any had tripped Found a switch tripped and all the power came back on. Tuned on the kettle...out went all the power in the kitchen this time.

We were very polite and nice at all times as we understand these things happen.

While waiting for the electrician, we rang reception and asked if they could provide a box of ice to keep our food cool...."Nope we dont do that".

A few hours later, and being friday night, we decided to ask for a refund in case when the electrician got there (fri night) and maybe couldnt fix it..or not turn up at all ..we wouldnt be caught without alternative accommodation.

Reply - "Nope...No refunds, you can leave if you like but you cant have your money back despite no power"

Anyway..Luckily the sparky did arrive, and put the power back on, but our night was already spoiled, but decided to make the most of the time we had left.
We paid $225 for this room and certainly wasnt expecting modern and sheek, just clean and comfortable would have been great. Wrong, the hallways smelled so bad we were holding our breath, EVERYthing was dirty...sticky couch, stained carpet, dirty mismatched dishes with many very old items just thrown in and stored in cupboards gathering dust and not touched for years, door knobs that were so dirty and made me feel i had to keep washing my hands AND were about to fall off.
Old dirty bed spreads, lumpy old pillows, remote hardly worked, Ceiling fans with an inch of dust on them, hair in the bath and bathroom. I turned on the bathroom tap and it fell apart.

Then the following night, I was inadvertantly locked out of the room and my daughter coulnt hear me trying to ring her to let me in as she was asleep. So rang the onsite managers room after seeing a sign saying "if your locked out, ring and a $50 fee will apply to let you in!! This was 3am.....i was still trying to ring the manager at 8.30 am, still sitting out the front of the building. The cleaner came in at 6 am, and refused to try and contact her and get me back to my room. They were VERY rude and just watched me sit there freezing...and did and said nothing.

I cant tell you how RUDE, ARROGENT and unhelpful these people are!!! The manager never did get back to us to apologise for 4 hours without power. No one let me into my room AT ALL, and I was so glad to get away from there.

DONT STAY here, without taking your own pillows, your own cleaning team and too bad if you lock yourself out....you stay out!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Outdated, dirty, smelly!! Old beer cans behind the lounge. Nice mould growth in the bathroom sinks! Yuk. No mattress protectors on the main bed!! Cutlery & Crockery mismatched. The rug in the lounge had crawling things in it! Holes in the walls, rusty showers recesses..

Room Tip: The view would be great if the windows were actually clean. Step outside to enjoy the view but mind...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Being our first family holiday, was very disappointed! Lucky we were only there to sleep, cause we were out during the day. The reason getting an apartment was to cook some of our meals, but the state of the kitchen and the appliances...no thank you very dirty.
The only thing that the kids enjoyed was the pool,spa and the views.
As we were leaving, someone came to clean the windows?? maybe he should of cleaned them before we checked in....very dirty!!
Lounge's were badly stained and smelly, had to get sheets off the beds to cover them.
Bathroom was dirty and the drains were blocked.
Won't be recommending this place to anyone!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The most disgusting, horrible, worst experience of my life!
Walk into the room and thought i walked into a junk yard the mould and stains on the carpet, the smell of the room went straight up my nose, the mould and black stains all over the roof, the dirt on the curtains, the mould growing on the door handles, yellow stains all over the cutlery, cockery never cleaned, crumbs and stains all in the fridge and the list goes on and on!
I was lied to i got told disgusting silverton was located in the heart of surface where i can walk down to the shops and infront of the beach.
It is actually a 10 minute drive to surface and actually infront of a dirty river!
stayed on the phone with the manager for an 1hr complaining and in fear of my daughters health and all the rude human had to say was
"if you don't like it leave"
7th floor dosen't even have fly screens on the door if my daughter crawled out it would be dangerous!
Cobwebs have been there for years they were actually stuck onto the walls!
35 degree heat in the rooms and the windows dont even open!

I would rather sleep on the foot path and not step a toe into sliverton ever again!
DISGUSTING!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Silverton Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!