I spent ages researching different apartments to find the best option for our first family holiday to the Gold Coast. The only one that consistently received great reviews and seemed to tick all our boxes was Moorings on Cavill. Trust me, everything you read about Moorings is true.
I made early enquiries via email and phone and the response was always friendly and helpful. We stayed in early October for 8 nights on the second level, in unit 9. It was modern, very spacious and had absolutely everything we needed.
Our boys loved the pool and the spa was a great way to unwind after a day at the theme parks. The bbq area is spotlessly clean and the gardens lovely. We used the bbq to cook dinner on a couple of nights and its a great alternative when you dont feel like venturing out to a restaurant for dinner.
The location is perfect and central to everything. Across the road to the supermarket, restaurants, shopping and a 10 minute walk to the beach. Being on level 2 we did experience a bit of noise from the traffic and over the weekend it did get noisy from the bar located across the park. It didnt really bother us but I would think if you're a light sleeper you'd be better off on a higher level or an apartment closer to the river than the road.
The apartments were very secure. You can only get into the building/apartment after hours if you have a key and access in the lifts is restricted to the floor you are on, so we felt very safe and secure.
All the staff we met were genuinely friendly and helpful and really want their guests to have an enjoyable stay. Erin is an absolute gem, so lovely to deal with.
We couldn't have asked for nicer accommodation for our holiday. Hopefully we will be able to return to Surfers in the not so distant future and I'd have no hesitation in booking the Moorings again. Thanks to all the team for helping to make our holiday perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings on Cavill holiday apartments accommodation is the ultimate holiday destination combining the perfect Gold Coast location with the serenity of absolute river frontage.Call our reservations team direct for more great deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Moorings on Cavill Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise