“Excellent Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Logan
“Excellent Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My recent stay at Moorings was super fantastic. The management and staff were of a very high standard and were very helpful and really friendly. My stay along with my teenage daughter felt like coming home from a long time away, so welcoming, relaxed and comfortable. The room was of a very high standard and had all the facilities you could wish for, it was extremely clean and well maintained. I would recommend Moorings to future visitors and will definitely be staying there again next time I visit the Gold Coast. So close to all the shops, restaurants, beach, river everything to make a holiday special and there is no need to use the car. I would give Moorings 10/10 in everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

585 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

It really depends individual point of view. The service is excellent, staff are very friendly & helpful. The apartment overall & cleanliness is very good. My point of view is when ur on holiday, by the end of the day ur too tired to clean or dump the rubbish. I rather pay extra $$ to get this service to be included. The end of the day after a long hot day out & about. When u come back to the appartment u just want to see the bed already make up for u & the bin already emptied. Especially i have a 9 months old baby, he took a lot out of me. When I book this apartment I didn't read carefully so I didn't know that u do it urself.

Some people wouldn't mind this then this apartment is perfect for them

SonDonnaJustinJordan

• Stayed January 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I picked Moorings On Cavill Avenue, as a surprise well earned holiday, for my husband and myself. Our trip of 982 odd kms, was well worth it. The location I hoped, would give my hubby a rest from driving, and not having to watch the wine and beer intake,(which is nice when your on holidays). I won BIG brownie points, as not only was our apartment lovely, we had great views, buses at the door, shops and restaurants galore!! The staff were helpful,and gave great ideas on were to eat. So if your looking for a great holiday, without the worry of driving every where, and just want to kick back and relax, then i suggest you stay at Moorings on Cavill Avenue!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kurri Kurri, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Best location to do everything,
Food shops across the road dont have to carry your shopping far bus stop just outside.
Great staff very happy to help and please everyones needs.
Room are clean (as every time i have stayed there )
We were always spoken to very nicely , our holiday was for a week and that was just not long enough so now we are looking in to booking the moorings for two weeks as we no we are going to be staying at the best place with nice staff.
When booking this holiday it was a last minute thing i phoned Erin and she was lovely helpped me out where she could got me in the very last room left as it was a week before i travelled erin done great.
A big thanks Peter, Margaret and Erin for a great holiday very happy wish i didnt have to go back to work because i no where i would be.
thanks to the moorings for a great holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My family of 2ad & 2ch travelled from Ireland & stayed here for 1 week just before christmas. Out of the several places we stayed, this has got to be the best! Its central, gorgeous views of Nerang River, & public transport is always easily available to theme parks & major shopping centres ( make sure to gt your 'GO CARD' for the buses & trains saving u 30%!) Apartments hv everything u cd possibly need. I would like to say a big thankyou to Margaret, Peter & Erin who take care of running the place. They were always friendly and helpful & have a great sense of humour & will miss them as well as our lovely apartment. Highly recommended. Tracey

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We decided to stay at The Moorings on Cavill after looking at Trip Advisor and you could see why they were No #1 straight away! The hotel amenities, rooms and staff exceeded our expectations by far. We originally planned to stay for 4 nights but we were too sad to leave on our last night so we extended our holiday for 2 extra nights. Margaret was more than helpful in moving us into a different room at such short notice. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean with excellent views, we experienced little to no street noise. Location was perfect - short walk to everything that counts in Surfers Paradise. The pool area was beautiful and relaxing. Peter, Margaret and Erin deserve a special mention as they go above and beyond when it comes to customer service, always friendly and more than happy to help with directions and suggestions of what to do and where to go. All round great place to holiday! We will definitely be recommending The Moorings to all our family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Had the best stay at The Moorings! The friendliest and most helpful staff. They provided great advice on what are the best restaurants, pubs & cafe's to visit, of which none disappointed!
The location couldn't have been any better! We were right in the thick of the action (Cavill Avenue) but still not disturbed by all the mayhem! And did I mention that we had a gorgeous view of the lake from all our windows & balcony!
Thank you for making our trip Amazing & definitely will be back!.. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Moorings on Cavill Avenue? Share your experiences!