“A view to remember” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BreakFree Imperial Surf

You added BreakFree Imperial Surf to your Saves list
BreakFree Imperial Surf
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   80 The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Brisbane, Australia
“A view to remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and i visited the gold coast a decade ago. Deciding to revisit the beautiful beaches, we decided on another trip to the gold coast. I looked up places to stay for our dream vacation,and i was attracted to Breakfree Imperial Surf.

Making the reservation online,i arrived at the property...well,after going around it twice. Probably due to road works around,and unclear signs,we finally arrived at the destination. Being a few meters away from the beach,i'd say i chose the right place for my family!

The reception was understaffed,in my personal opinion,but service was prompt and friendly! Our check in was smooth and the receptionist provided ample information about facilities as well as local attractions.

Upon checking into the room,i was completely unprepared by what i was about to face. Being a frequent traveler, i was appalled by the lack of air conditioning within the entire apartment. I mean,paying quite an amount,but not getting air conditioning, seriously? In my rage and shock i confirmed this by making a phone call to the reception,who confirmed that only ceiling fans were available. It was only when i opened the windows when the sea breeze rushed into the room, and i'd say that a change from air conditioning to natural air actually feels refreshing!

Looking around the room,it was fairly dated. Its like it actually stayed within the 90's, the color of the curtains,the old tiles,the bathrooms...feels like the whole place stopped in time... and i mean, we're in 2014. You know. I also got a side room,so i feel rather cheated when they say all rooms are ocean facing,when my apartment was...really facing another block-Don't promise what you can't deliver... I only had a small view of the ocean :( Certainly did not meet my expectations in 3 aspects: the design/decor, the sea view that was promised, as well as the air conditioning, which can make it rather warm in the day. So my first impressions of the place was next to miserable, as i felt the apartment was really lacking. The sofas were also torn and looked like they had seen better days.

Being disappointed, my family and i went shopping. We grabbed groceries, and being passionate about cooking, i was going to prepare breakfast the next day for my family. The shopping malls were nearby and we managed to grab a bite at one of the nearby restaurants.

Reaching home tired from travelling, The bed was extremely comfy! I'm a guy who gets used to my own bed, and can't get to sleep well on another bed. However the location was quiet and peaceful, and accompanied with the sea breeze, i have to say it was pretty nice for comfort.

The next day i got up to prepare breakfast. The kitchen was clean and acceptable, with utensils being rather clean too. I really dislike tiles for flooring, but eating your breakfast with a view of the ocean,you won't really care for what's beneath your feet.

Now i decided to proceed to go on the local attractions featured in a little booklet the reception provided,and they said we should make the bookings though the front desk-which was,the game changer. We went down to the front desk (yes,the same receptionist who checked us in the day before) and were greeted promptly by the receptionist which quickly and effectively made the bookings we requested,and assured us we were going to have a great time and encouraged us to take many photos! With our bookings, we had an enjoyable time at the gold coast. Staying by the beachside was great as taking a stroll along the beach is a stone's throw away,literally.

Checking out was the fastest i've ever seen, and yes,the same lady handled my checkout. I have to say all in all it was a very comfortable stay, and the rooms are ginormous. I was in a 2 bedroom apartment,and i think it could actually hold 5 people in the entire property. The kitchen, rooms, and even the washrooms were really large.

I sincerely hope that Breakfree Imperial Surf can get a facelift that is long overdue. In terms of service and location,this place has it. But the decor and amenities should really be improved. If the rooms were all renovated and updated, it will truely be a destination where you can indeed, break free.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
mgrbreakfree, General Manager at BreakFree Imperial Surf, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Paul S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. We have noted your comments regarding renovation, lack of a/c and dated furniture and we will be addressing these issues with the owners.
I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the views and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Rajesh Shetty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My family and I have just recently stayed at the Breakfree Imperial Surf for a week and enjoyed every minute of it. The location is magnificent being close to shops, ocean views and also very close to the bus station. I have two young children who found it most entertaining to observe the beach while in the room and the facilities available. The receptionist was extremely lovely and helpful with our stay proven to have great knowledge of transport and attractions around. We look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean views were amazing.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
mgrbreakfree, General Manager at BreakFree Imperial Surf, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Lauren,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the great views & location and found our staff to be helpful.We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have just had a wonderful 8 days in the beautiful Gold Coast staying at the
Breakfree Imperial Surf.
5 minute walk to the Cavill mall - Straight across from the beautiful beach, close to all transportation Great Location.
We really enjoyed the breathtaking views from the balcony all the way around.
We were very comfortable and the apartment was well equipped.
We found the service was excellent and the carpark was great. Very safe and secure.
Swimming pools and spa were much appreciated at the end of a hot day out.
Would be very happy to return.
Lynette & Brian terrill

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynbear1,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breathtaking views and the great location and also found our Resort to be safe and secure.We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I visited surfers paradise for a mini honeymoon. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment at imperial surf. The room was huge for a 1 bedroom apartment.

Location in relation to the beach and cavill ave was awesome.

Very impressed and we will return.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris P,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Toowoomba, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We paid 3500.00 to stay 8 nights in room 25d 2 bedroom apartment.the apartment was filthy dirty crack pipe found under one of the beds dirty tissues laying beside bed near window. Glasses cutlery and plates filthy kitchen filthy dirty oven didnt work properly hot plates old and dirty. Lounge ripped dinning table and chairs dirty. Beds were like cement and the wicker furiture full of filth. Tiny tv and the fridge that small had to shopping everyday as food did not fit. Had to buy esky to put drinks in as no room in fridge. Wallpaper hanging off and silver tape on walls holding cords up. I then cleaned unit ti find no spounge on mop and no vacum cleaner. I could go on forever. I went straight to management and ask for a refund as I was not staying in such a mess. They couldnt care in the slightest.i am taking this matter further.

• Stayed December 2013
mgrbreakfree, General Manager at BreakFree Imperial Surf, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear deeand3,
It disappoints me to learn that you encountered a number of issues during your stay. To assist me further in investigating these matters, I invite you to contact me directly to discuss in more detail and then I can address these issues accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you. My email address is
rajesh.shetty@breakfree.com.au
Regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a wonderful holiday here over the Christmas break with visiting family from overseas & inter-state. The location was perfect with the beach at our doorstep, paved walking & cycling pathways along the beach, shopping stores & fabulous food & ice cream choices just a 10 minute stroll away, excellent views and family-friendly surrounds as it's away from the Surfers Paradise nightclub scene. The apartment we were in was comfortable and had all that we needed. We could walk to get our groceries and then come back & cook a quick meal on days when we just wanted to lounge around or swim in the pool. The view from the balcony was breathtaking & watching the sunrise was a divine experience! Most importantly, the service was excellent as Leanne and Rajesh were very friendly and accommodating with our requests. We will certainly be taking more of our guests to BreakFree Imperial Surf for their Gold Coast holiday experience!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor with a large balcony for optimum views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vanitha S,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location , fantastic views and the service from our team. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best Regards
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights and we couldn't be happier with the location, the room, the view, and the helpful staff. We arrived prior to reception opening and after speaking with staff they arranged to have one of the on site staff members greet us in the lobby and store our bags until our room was ready. They then phoned us to let us know our room was ready. Carlos was especially helpful and helped organise transfers to the theme parks. Our room was spacious and the 180 degree views were spectacular from our unit on the 24th floor. Our furnishings were modern and comfortable and although the kitchen and bathroom were a bit dated, everything worked and the showers were fabulous. Having 2 bathrooms was a bonus and unexpected, but much appreciated by us two girls. The price was more than reasonable and I will certainly stay there again. More than happy with everything :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
mgrbreakfree, General Manager at BreakFree Imperial Surf, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Karen W,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the spectacular 180 degree views from your apartment and you found Carlos our Receptionist to be helpful. We are glad we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Rajesh Shetty

Been to BreakFree Imperial Surf? Share your experiences!