We were not sure what we were getting, as our visit was part of a prize package that I had won in a New Zealand Herald competition ; but we were most impressed when we opened the door to apartment 12E and found this huge one bedroomed apartment with superb views all around. It seems that there are only 6 one bedroomed apartments which have the same footprint as the 2 bedrooms, and thus the second bedroom space was actually part of the living room; fantastic.That meant we had 2 bathrooms, a full one with tub and separate shower and a large ensuite in our room with shower as well ! There is also a separate full laundry with washer and dryer and the kitchen has a full oven,cooktop and microwave.. The views from 12E were great, all the way round from the ocean views as far as Tweed heads, through Surfers, and back across to the hills and Tamborine area. We spent many pre-dinner drinks time watching the sunset, the Vomatron and Sling Shot rides, and also the demolition of the old Surfers City motel as part of the light rail project.Once that rail is through it will make the Imperial Surf even more attractive as it is at the back gate.
The property is fairly old, and that can be noticed in a few spots in the kitchen but having said that, 12E was obviously recently re-furbished , absolutely clean and furnished extremely well, and we could not have wished for more. Our package was for 6 nights but we extended it to 10 days as we had not been to the Gold Coast before and were so pleased we had. It was serviced half way through our stay on the 5th day . Staff were excellent , Leanne at reception was so helpful and friendly, together with part time Jacqui and General Manager Rajesh.
Our daughter from Sydney came up for a couple of days as a surprise for my wife's birthday and the staff ,who knew , kept it quiet until she was in our room greeting us; talk about icing on the cake .!
Location is great, 2 blocks from Cavill Ave.,and we zapped around using our Surfside Bus GO cards; weather fantastic, every day sunny,clear and warm; a perfect break for us and thanks to all who made it possible. Would we go back,? we certainly would and would ask for 12E again ,and hope Leanne was still there to give us her advice and make us feel like friends not guests .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imperial Surf Resort Apartments is just a stroll from the patrolled beach and on the doorstep to the hub of the Gold Coast in more ways than one. In walking distance to the Surfers Paradise mall with fabulous shops and boutiques and its own complement restaurants, ranging from gourmet to casual alfresco dining. Boasting spectacular view and being one of the tallest buildings on the Gold Coast. All apartments have ocean views, some also feature sights of the hinterland ranges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BreakFree Imperial Surf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Surf Hotel Surfers Paradise
- BreakFree Imperial Surf Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise