Problems are abundant, but believe it or not it isn't the worst place I have stayed. Check-in was fast and courteous without a single hassle. Parking is extra at $15 a night.
The hallways of the hotel are looking old and tired, but surprisingly the old ends there. The rooms are well kept, with only the choice of carpet lending to the idea a renovation was recent. The bed was extremely comfy and I enjoyed one of the best in room dining burgers of all time. Just don't order the bread and butter pudding. On the downside, there was hair in the bathroom sink, water leaking out of cracks in the tiles in the shower, TV and Wifi not working and wet carpet on one side of the room, but keep in mind these are all related to just one room. Still housekeeping could be more vigilant.
Breakfast..... Where to start with this oddity... The main thing that annoyed me was the hotel guide telling me breakfast ended at 9am. Early right? Get to the restaurant and the sign says 10.30... I don't need to be anywhere until 2pm, so a sleep in and lazy morning would have been nice. Breakfast itself can only be summed up as chaotic. Understaffed, the poor guy trying to run the show looked like a flustered Mr Humphries. There were no clean tables, but I was lucky enough to find one free of cups and plates. There were no cutlery or cups, but in their hectic routine they did manage to stop and find me some. Even a napkin, bless! The spread of food seems average. I don't see any scramble or eggs in the 'scrambled eggs' thought... Not sure what that was! I would have rated breakfast average overall, but they got another star for going out of their way just for me.
Overall an average place to stay, a super comfy bed and a perfect in-the-heart location.
I'll sign off with one last note: who ever was responsible for the select of staff uniforms... I have never seen a more unpractical uniform at any of the hotels I have stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa is located alongside the Surfers Paradise Light Rail Station in the heart of Surfers Paradise, the host of magnificent beaches, shopping and restaurants. Guests enjoy a day spa and hair salon, two outdoor swimming pools and spas, a fitness centre and games room. Our modern designer rooms enjoy ocean or hinterland views and include a flat-screen TV, fridge and are fully air conditioned. The en suite bathrooms are supplied with luxury Amenita amenities and a hairdryer. Shared laundry facilities are available. L'Aqua Day Spa boasts a variety of massage treatments, and features ASAP and Waterlily products to ensure pure indulgence; open Tuesday to Saturday inclusive. Waves Buffet Restaurant offers a hot buffet breakfast daily, and an International Buffet for dinner, plus an a la Carte menu. Visit Clifford's Grill & Lounge and Walrus Social House (bar, gaming, cafe) for a night of great tastes and tempting cocktails. The Hotel is ideally positioned on the Surfers Paradise Station of the Light Rail connecting to Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, or a five minute walk to Cavill Avenue ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise