Having booked a club king room, like others when we went up to the 19th floor, we rang through see what we were entitled to as nothing was mentioned at the time of check in, we were informed that we were on entitled to the room.
Considering it was one of their premier rooms we found them small, dated and the upgrades that they did to the tiny bathroom made it look like it did not fit right.
The shower head was shocking!
The water was erratic and flow left much to be desired.
The bar fridge was small and stocked with the basics.
At the time of checkin, the three staff behind the counter were too busy "chatting" to worry about the clients that were arriving.
The male checkin staff member was more worried about the registration of the hire car than making the experience memorable for the right reasons.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main Surfers Paradise shopping and eating area.
It is well worth the walk for something to each and drink as the variety at the restaurant was basic.
The buffet breakfast was expensive for the coast.
After a good night out, we travelled straight across the street to the BBQ for a nice and cheap alternative to the buffet.
There is a bottle shop is straight across the road so head across for some cheap drinks.
Overall, it was an average experience that was had at the Watermark, we were expecting much more and other hotels would be better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast offers 4.5 star accommodation in the heart of Surfers Paradise, just 80 metres walk to golden beaches and 5 minutes away from world class shopping, dining & nightlife. Guests have access to an extensive range of hotel facilities including 24 hour reception, luxury day spa, award winning a la carte & buffet restaurants, 2 bars, hairdresser, 2 pools and gymnasium. There is also the option to indulge in the luxury Club Premier package which offers a 5 star high floor room with ocean or hinterland views, access to Club lounge, evening canapes & drinks, hot & cold breakfast selection, bottle of Chandon on arrival, valet parking, late checkout and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise