Having booked a club king room, like others when we went up to the 19th floor, we rang through see what we were entitled to as nothing was mentioned at the time of check in, we were informed that we were on entitled to the room.
Considering it was one of their premier rooms we found them small, dated and the upgrades that they did to the tiny bathroom made it look like it did not fit right.
The shower head was shocking!
The water was erratic and flow left much to be desired.
The bar fridge was small and stocked with the basics.
At the time of checkin, the three staff behind the counter were too busy "chatting" to worry about the clients that were arriving.
The male checkin staff member was more worried about the registration of the hire car than making the experience memorable for the right reasons.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main Surfers Paradise shopping and eating area.
It is well worth the walk for something to each and drink as the variety at the restaurant was basic.
The buffet breakfast was expensive for the coast.
After a good night out, we travelled straight across the street to the BBQ for a nice and cheap alternative to the buffet.
There is a bottle shop is straight across the road so head across for some cheap drinks.
Overall, it was an average experience that was had at the Watermark, we were expecting much more and other hotels would be better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa is located alongside the Surfers Paradise Light Rail Station in the heart of Surfers Paradise, the host of magnificent beaches, shopping and restaurants. Guests enjoy a day spa and hair salon, two outdoor swimming pools and spas, a fitness centre and games room. Our modern designer rooms enjoy ocean or hinterland views and include a flat-screen TV, fridge and are fully air conditioned. The en suite bathrooms are supplied with luxury Amenita amenities and a hairdryer. Shared laundry facilities are available. L'Aqua Day Spa boasts a variety of massage treatments, and features ASAP and Waterlily products to ensure pure indulgence; open Tuesday to Saturday inclusive. Waves Buffet Restaurant offers a hot buffet breakfast daily, and an International Buffet for dinner, plus an a la Carte menu. Visit Clifford's Grill & Lounge and Walrus Social House (bar, gaming, cafe) for a night of great tastes and tempting cocktails. The Hotel is ideally positioned on the Surfers Paradise Station of the Light Rail connecting to Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, or a five minute walk to Cavill Avenue ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise