If we had of received some service from the front desk then I would have increased the star rating for this hotel. We arrived at 2.30pm to be told that our room was not ready. The desk said the room would be ready in 15 minutes & that if we would like to sit down & wait, they would let us know when the room was ready. We asked if check in was at 2pm & the answer was yes. We then asked if there was another room available to which the answer was no. At 3pm there was a change of staff on the desk & the man who checked us in finished his shift & walked out the door without providing us with an update. At 3.15pm we went back up to the front desk to get an update. Apparently the room was ready-we were disappointed that they didn't come & let us know.
* size of the 2 bedroom apartment was fantastic. There was lots of space.
* view was excellent (level 8)
* room service food was a little expensive but the food was great
* lots of pools & 2 slides for the kids
* games room
* convenience store, newsagent & bottle shop on the next block
* putt putt golf on the next block
* easy 10 minute walk along the beachfront to the mall
* tram stop will be right in front of the hotel
NOT so good things:-
* service of front desk was very disappointing. There was no apology for not having our room ready on time & no compensation for this e.g. a complimentary drink while we waited would have been appreciated
* room was dirty even after having to wait for it to be cleaned!! There was hair in the bathroom including a clump of it in the sink of the ensuite
* soap wrapper in the sink of the main bathroom
* toilet in main bathroom ran 24 hours
* dual flush did not work on the toilet in the ensuite
* not sure that the apartment floor had been cleaned - the kitchen floor was sticky under our feet & our feet turned black underneath from walking on the carpet. Suggest that the tiled floors be mopped & the carpet steam cleaned
* mould in the shower & on the seal of the fridge door
* chocolate wrapper & other bits of rubbish on the floor & kitchen bench not wiped down properly.
I would stay at the hotel again as we still enjoyed our time there. Hopefully with a bit more attention paid to the cleanliness of the room, our next stay will be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise