We stayed here in November 2012 and chose it mainly due to the photos of the awesome pool as we had 4 children with us. The pool and water slides are a great attraction and there was a life guard on duty when the slides were in action which was great. There is also an indoor pool, a spa and a gym. We had a great view from our balconies and the apartment was huge.
In general we had a great stay, the furnishings were a bit old and dated but I had seen the pics so it was as expected. The only minor things I would criticise were that the 'king' bed is actually two singles that don't seem to stay together properly. Upon investigating how to keep the beds together we found other peoples underwear under the bed. The shower and kitchen were not very clean but not too bad and the mid stay service was very slack, they didn't even vacuum the carpet. Something very odd was that the bathroom/ensuite had a huge window into the bedroom with no curtain and I found that very strange. Upon looking through the wardrobes we found the curtain and put it up ourselves.
We had foxtel and lots of channels. The apartment had everything we needed for a holiday with kids, including washing machine, dryer, ironing board, bath. The bus stops to the theme parks was very close and the location to the beach was close as well. It was about a 10-15 minute walk to the main shops.
I would stay here again as it was good value for money and great for the kids and convenient to everything we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise