“Room for improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise

Save Saved
You added Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   18 Hanlan Street, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #56 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Apart from the entry foyer this establishment is VERY tired. There was insufficient parking spaces partly due to derelict cars that had been dumped, and one had to almost always park on the lower level which has no lift access, too bad if you are wheelchair bound.The unit itself was just OK , the bed was very bony(you could feel the springs (bones ) thru the bedclothes.The seating supplied for watching the TV was way too low and needed to be turned around (very heavy ) to watch the box. The kitchen was well equipped but the fridge made a consistent growling noise. The unit was clean and had new carpets but the pillows were WOEFUL (a folded towel would have given better support) Fortunately we travel with our own pillows so this did not affect us. These units are individually owned and so you need your lucky socks on when you book to get a room which is of a reasonable standard. On a positive note the staff were pleasant and were able to overcome any minor difficulties that we faced, also positive is the location which is close to everything. Would I stay there again ??? Probably but I would want up to date photos of the accommodation before booking

Room Tip: Insist on photos of the unit that you will be occupying
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Debbie B, Manager at Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Good Morning

Thank you very much for your review.
We appreciate your honest feedback as this helps us to improve.
We are currently working with our owners on a refurbishment package.

I am glad to hear the unit was clean & the staff were pleasant & able to overcome any minor difficulties.
I am also glad to hear you would probably stay with us again.
Please contact me direct & I will ensure your next stay is much better & I can offer you a return guest discount.

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Tumut, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our first visit and stay on the Gold Coast we could not have been happier with the location , so close to everything , On arrival we were made feel very welcome and the studio unit we stayed in was comfortable . A small table and chairs in the unit would be great as you can't eat off your lap all the time. The unit is older and as such the rates were very good . Thanks for the hospitality
regards E and R

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am glad to hear you felt welcomed when you arrived.

Thank you for your feedback about a table & chairs. We are currently working with owners about a refurb package & your opinion helps us to advise owners what guests want.

Remember next time you come to stay Call us direct & we can ensure you get a return guest discount.
Thanks
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The first time i stayed at the beachcomber was really great the staff were not all that helpful.This time however i can say the staff were really great.They helped us and made it an easy stay.
Being my second time there i can say that if you are going to be fussy about decor ect dont stay there and pay a crap load more money somewhere else to stay.It is clean and a place to sleep good staff.The decor is not bad just out dated.
The views though and location are the best for the money.If you are a snob dont stay there and give the staff a hard time as i have seen before.
A lot of these rooms are individually owned so i imagine many rooms may vary in condition and decor.My two different rooms were fine thats my opinion.
Nathan B

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Debbie B, Manager at Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Hi Nathan

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you gave us a second chance. I am very sorry the staff were not helpful your first stay but It was good to hear we have improved our service.

We are currently in the process of refurbishing our pool area & Our owners are looking at a refurbishment package so hopefully for your next visit our decor will have also improved.
We really appreciate your feedback.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My partner had booked this hotel without reading any reviews, and I wish he had.
The location is great! but everything else is not. The hotel smelt like bad cleaning product and smoke. The apartment we had was dirty, the dishes were not clean, the pillow was as flat as a folded sheet, the "queen" bed was two single beds pushed together, the air con was loud, free wifi didn't work and the list goes on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
I am very sorry your stay with us was not a pleasant one.
I am also sorry that you did not discuss these issues with us during your stay as we would have liked the chance to rectify them.
Our wifi needs a password which is available from reception.
Our king beds are king splits which means the bed can be split to 2 singles.
Once again thank you for review. We appreciate the feedback & hopefully we can learn from our mistakes.
We would love the chance to make your next stay a pleasant one.
If you would give us a second chance Please call me & i will personally ensure your stay is memorable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Debbie you made our stay the best. The view is awesome. The location is second to none! Beachcomber we will be back. Thanks! We arrived parked the car and didn't have to get back in the car until it was time to go home. Now that's a great holiday for us.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review.
I am happy to hear we made your stay a memorable one.
We agree our views & location are fantastic.
We are also happy to hear that you will be back.
We look forward to your next stay.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I found this Hotel/Residence property to be very good the studio/bathroom I was given on fifthteenth floor reasonable priced...clean and tidy with all one could want and a balcony overlooking the prom' at Surfers...a bonus of the gym and pool with indoor pool put the icing on the cake....the staff are great I thought i lost a bag but they had it safe behind the desk....just be aware that the 200 dollar dep' they take like a payment is not ONE!! I checked my c.card on return and all was well...just the payment foro the room was taken...
maggie Leeds England..

Room Tip: I had 1502....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am glad to hear our staff are great.
We have the best views, a fantastic location & our prices are reasonable .

I am glad you had a lovely stay.

Kind Regards
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked this hotel in a rush after just needing a pillow for two nights while on business in Surfers. At $80 a night seemed like great value after having aspirational memories of the establishment following my last visit to Surfers as a schoolie in the early 90s (had to settle for main Beach caravan park back then). Regretted booking in haste after reading Tripadvisor reviews post booking.

Arrived late and reception was closed. Telphone service directing me to the key safe went off without a hitch. Was pleasantly supised by my room 1804. Great view over the beach. Other then a new leather couch, nothing has had been updated since the early 80's but it was clean none the less.

To be honest I was more disspointed in Surfers in general. Although I only had a quick walk around one night looking for dinner, the whole place seemed like it had not moved with the times and was in need of a makeover more then the Beachcomber. For international visitors first visiting Australia, we whould be embarrassed by the food options if you have any taste beyond seafood buffet, burger, souva or pancake joints!

Room Tip: Probably a luck of the draw. I assume they are privately owned so in varying levels of condition.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning

I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.

It is good to hear our after hours procedures work well & you were able to get to your room without a hitch.
We believe our accommodation is value for money we have a great location & fantastic views.
We are looking at a refurbishment plan at the moment & hopefully when you next visit The Gold Coast you will stay with us again.
Please call us direct so i can personally look after your booking.
Debbie

Been to Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!