“Excellent hotel! Friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise

You added Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   18 Hanlan Street, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #39 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Excellent hotel! Friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at beachcomber as a last minute booking. As soon as I walked in the staff were really friendly! Debra the owner was really helpful and Candice gave me advice on the happenings around surfers! For the price I paid, the rooms was of an exceptional standard! I would Definitly stay here again and I commend Debbie on a well run business!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Albury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Read this review!!!!! I live in Albury Australia. I have stayed in motels all over the world 1 star to 5 star. This motel on a world scale is 3 star and excellent value for money especially where it is located right in the middle of Surfers and 200m to the beach. Sure the building is older and the fittings are 80's but the ocean views make up for that. If you want 5 star then the Beachcomber is not for you and pay $500+ a night and expect everything. For under $200 a night we stayed on the 21st floor..underground parking..3 fast elevators...with an ocean view room that had a nth sth aspect from a large balcony. The room was clean with crisp linen & towels. It was self contained, TV, washing machine,dryer,iron & board, stove oven,micro wave,toaster,jug plates etc. There is 2 pools one indoor one outdoor, a spa, and sauna and a very well equiped gym. All this myself and the boys used and it sparkled. While we were there for 10 days this area was maintained every day.Debbie at the front counter was fantastic and could not do enough for us. She handled my online booking right from the start. So if your an average aussi that can put up with a bit of dust behind a washing machine ,odd cutlery and plates, and a few worn spots jump right in for excellent value.

Room Tip: A lot of units in the Beachcomber are privately owned. A lot of permanent residents as well as priva...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Do not book this accommodation! There was no smoke detectors, cupboard doors missing, rusty appliances, ceiling fans and air conditioning unit were both covered in a thick layer of dust. We became itchy within a minute of entering the room. Shower contained public hair, couch had a used ear cleaning bud and the coffee table was located in several pieces behind the sofa. The carpet was stained and burnt, the walls were filthy and it was obvious that the room had not been cleaned since the previous guests as there were French fries and clothing tags on the floor. After 2 minutes in the room we made the decision to leave - we had booked for 7 nights and paid$1500. The only positive is that we have been assured a full refund by wotif in the next 5-7 days.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I still have a sore back due to the springless mattress. It was like diving into a hole each night.
Gosh I don't even know where to begin as the filth was just horrendous. After complaining to management (waste of time) I began to give the place a once over just so that I could at least touch my way around. I had to begin by placing sheets over the sofas as I was not about to sit on the huge stains covering them, probably infested by stale semen!!!
The bathroom was sooooooooooo grotty that I used my thongs the whole time even showering. Shocking smell emanating from bathroom vanity due to dampness, couldn't open it as odour reaked for hours thereafter. Tap leaking and kept us awake all night. Crockery and dirty mugs placed in the cupboards unwashed, one with residue of coffee and biscuits, just gross!!!
Look I could go on and on but I think I need say no more.
I have accommodated in Surfers many times but this resort (hahaha) takes the cake. My advice is simply, stay away!!!
Oh by way, apparently prostitution is rife in the building so families beware.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in December I looked at photos on the net though it would be good for me and my family but it was disgusting rooms were dirty and found a used condom bascily people save your money don't bother staying here! The only good thing was the view and location

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

To put it simply, the most unpleasant accommodation experience of my life. Foul rooms. Incompetent, abusive and rude staff. Horrendous facilities. Unsanitary pool area. Save your money and sleep rough if you have too, it will be cleaner.

• Stayed October 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We travelled to beach comber in a group of 9 - all of us in our 20s from Sydney. This seemed to rile Debbie (apparently the manager) as soon as we arrived. She 'greeted' us in an almost abusive manner and accused us of having rigged our booking so that they wouldn't know we were a group of 9, which was complete nonsense, as our booking proved.

The rooms were filthy and unclean. There was a huge contrast in decor depending on what room we got. The 'put up beds' were the worst I have ever seen in a hostel or hotel. They were simply ridiculous - literally a steel frame and broken springs with a paper thin mattress with crumbs on it!! We also had to make the bed ourselves with questionably stained sheets.

On the day we checked out, we were verbally abused by Debbie who accused us of breaking things in our room and in the hotel. The accusations were purely based on us being a group of guys in our 20s - there was no evidence for her accusations. We were not able to discuss these matters with Debbie because she could not be civil enough to have a conversation with us without shouting at us and telling us to go. A week later she acknowledged that her accusations were false as confirmed by the cleaners at the hotel, ie the items we allegedly broke had already been broken before we arrived! It is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

In summary, appalling customer service, terrible rooms and shocking value. I've stayed in a lot of hostels and none were as bad as this 'hotel'. Avoid.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!