We stayed for 3 nights in may in a resort family room. This being our 2nd visit to the resort,we opted for the larger room this time as the kids are getting older. Was some reno's happening with 1 entire wing closed off which didn't really affect us at all, what noise you could hear was soon drowned out by the kids in the water park. Our room looked as though it was half renovated recently, apart from the bathroom. Newish kitchen, cupboards, benches and curtains. Room was clean and reasonably stocked.
Price is a bit steep if your only looking at the accommodation side of things, but when you factor in the free rein of the water park facilities, free xbox + game hire and the 4 hours of blissful mummy daddy time, the costs aren't so bad.
We ate a fair bit at the resort, the pizza's are awesome and the staff always friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was good but we mostly ate from the bar area... better atmosphere.
Only 2 drawbacks I found,
1. Nothing overly comfortable to sit and relax in in the rooms, only the firm bed with pillows behind you or hard wood dining chairs. I felt rather uncomfortable by our last night. Even if just a couple of tub chairs or a little 2 seater...
And 2. No pool towels. If you forget your towels from home, you only have the one's left in your room for showering n all. Supplying some beachtowels wouldn't be such a bad idea. Last time I didn't think to pack the kids towels and so they had to use the same towels they needed to use at shower time, filling them with chlorine.
After this lot of reno's are done, it would be nice to see them move on to those god aweful bathrooms... but at the end of the day, kids had fun, we had some time off, and that makes it all worth while xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast is renowned as a Heaven for Kids and Paradise for Parents. The only resort that truly caters for all children from babies and toddlers right through to 12 year olds, you can relax knowing the kids are having a ball in our Zone 4 Kids club with its magical themed play spaces and fully supervised sessions daily. With the giant Zone 4 Kids Water Park, lagoon pool, spa, permanent Ice-rink, adventure playground, cafe and Bistro, bar and a host of free daily activities, Paradise Resort is the perfect choice for your next family holiday.If you are seeking a resort that will keep your children entertained from sun up to sundown this is the resort for you. There is a choice of a la carte dining, mini-mart and take away outlets. The resort is located within 200 metres of the beach and within easy walk to the centre of Surfers Paradise without having the stress of being in the hub. Paradise Resort takes all the stress out of a family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Paradise Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Resort Surfers
- Paradise Hotel Surfers
- Paradise Resort Australia
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise