“Wow, fantastic place for kids.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Resort Gold Coast

Save Saved
You added Paradise Resort Gold Coast to your Saves list
Paradise Resort Gold Coast
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   122 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #27 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Perth Australia
“Wow, fantastic place for kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Well, I have to say that some of the reviews on here made me laugh more than anything. People annoyed because they couldn't get a partial credit because they want to get back to their flooded house? rude staff? not up to standard? I call Bull#%!@ on the last 2, and the first one? It's a business, the location you chose to buy a house is not their responsibility!!!

Well, we visited for a long weekend and got back home yesterday and this resort is fantastic. Great staff from bar staff to cleaners were all very friendly and forever stoppped to talk to kids.

Yes, the rooms may be a little tired but are certainly clean, remember people. Young children stay there day in, day out, of course the rooms will get tired, we are forever trying to keep a perfect home but kids make that impossible. The pool area is fantastic, the food is of good quality and theme nights are a great idea, which also gives people a chance to interact with the chefs. My only criticism if any would be $18.50 for the BBQ night was a little overpriced for the food that was on offer but at the end of the day, it was my choice to pay,

So people, if you want a great place to stay with kids and your willing to make your ego and snobbery take a back seat, give Paradise resort a chance as your children will thank you for it, if you can't do that. Stick your kids in a 3 piece suit, throw some Brylcreem in their hair and take them to the Waldorf Astoria for cucumber sandwiches.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Glen H, Operations Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear LFender,
Thank you for your review of Paradise Resort,
The team at Paradise Resort, appreciate your comments and I can speak for the management team when I say you have made our day.

742 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We were amazed that a resort like this would be tucked away in the heart of surfers. Every thing is just a walk away. our package included free kids club that the kids enjoyed, the ice skating was one of the high lights of our visit and the swimming was the best.

Continental buffet Breakfast was also included in our package and the selection of food was enough to get us thru to lunch time.

The mini mart was handy for those sneaky snacks when the kids felt a bit peckish.

The bistro had a limited selection of meals to choose from but cooked to perfection.

The staff throughout the resort were friendly and helpful and work hard to make our stay a pleasure.

Overall this resort is defiantly for families with kids and the whole setup is designed to cater for families with kids so if your looking for a quiet calm relaxing place to stay then good luck with staying at paradise resort as this is a family resort and we loved it. Thank you paradise resort, we loved it here and will defiantly be back in the near future and hopefully bring other family members along with us.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear hicksta,
Thank you for your review of Paradise Resort,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities, and look forward to seeing you next time.
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is unbelievably BAD. I knew it was a mistake to stay there even with 2 young kids as soon as we walked in reception.
We arrived late at night because of delayed flight and where greated with beyond rude service though we had phone ahead to advise of our delay ( and it was only 10 pm not 3 am...)
The rooms are beyond tired, dirty, smelly and just horrid. Think glorified roadside motel, yes that bad and this is being polite.
The pool area is geared for kids ( and I knew that when booking) but it is NOTHING great. My kids are 5 & 9 and had fun for a while. The surround is crampted and dirty, just not welcoming.
Food well don't get me started, to use a roadside analogy again it's a greasy shop... and just outrageously priced for what it is.
The kids club & activities are the only middly positive part of this motel.... can't get myself to call it resort really.
Against my best judgement I let friends convince me to come as a family and against my best judgement as I was not organising I did not even check Trip advisor..... bad bad move. Won't happen again. The bad feedback from all the reviews is very accurate.
Why do place geared for kids have to be that bad !!! It infuriates me. I never will take my kids in such a place again . There are perfectly good place in Surfers , that are superbe quality for similar price with great pool fun for kids without having to stay in this dump !!!! Enough said

• Stayed January 2013
Dear BambaSydney,
Thank you for your review of Paradise Resort,
Clearly the Resort is not for you, please note the number of good comments we do receive.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the resort the last week of the school holidays. Booked late and ended up on the highway side of the hotel which is fine as we booked late. However if you want sleep don't expect to get any. The beeping of the pedestrian button was constant and cars hooning around. The room was reasonable size but the word grotty comes to mind. Very old, dirty stained carpet tiles etc. the room stunk like smoke and my suitcase and all my cloths had to be rewashed when we got home to remove the stench of the room. On top of that their were ants coming out of the drains, cracks in the tiles and sinks. The room was the upsetting factor of the place. The food was tailored to kids although a few healthy options wouldn't go astray. The breakfast buffet was overpriced for what it was ( the surfer paradise surf club does a hot and cold buffet for $10 adults and a dollar per year of your child a 10 min walk away). The water park is great and the staff (although a few looked like the school holidays had tested their patience) were helpful. Would consider staying again only if the rooms got a drastic makeover.

• Stayed January 2013
Glen H, Operations Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Nerrad10,
Thank you for your review of Paradise Resort,
We agree the rooms are in need of an update and happy to say that this will commence in April
Hope to see you again after the renovations.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

A massive thanks to all the staff at paradise resort I went to bali with my 11yr and my 75 yr old mum came to your resort with my 6yr old I booked this as we have stayed a number of times and always been happy my mother first trip to paridise shas just said to me this is the first holiday I have ever had I said WHAT you have traveled so much and she replied but this was a holiday really relaxed family friendly venue massive thanks to all the staff at paradise resort said so when can I go again with the my grandson my whole family were nagging at me mum is to old for this she shouldnt go but my mum went anyway.
the feedback she gave me was the pool staff were great my son loved the kids club he went everyday a big thanks to them dont forget the reception crew out the front nothing was to hard from arranging booking to also obtaining a room out looking the side street
mum loved to pool side cafe so did my son the jellies with fredo's and dont forget the 8 dollar dinners for kids my mum told me every night there was a different special for theme dinners different parts of the world she loved this she said the food was good and the hotel was clean so now we are just working out dates to book again thanks to all at paridise hotel management cleaners cooks and all on deck

Room Tip: the rooms on facing the side street are not nosey but pool side room are noisy your choose we like...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Glen H, Operations Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear solange B B,
Thank you for your review of Paradise Resort,
Great to hear that your mum and your 6 year old had a great time, We love the jellies too.
Look forward to seeing you next time.
Fernvale, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been staying here with my 4 children over and over again for many years now.
Unfortunatley each time the service gets worse and worse. But this last weekend (Australia day long weekend) was by far the worst experience I have ever had!
Firstly I stayed for two nights. I had to change rooms after the first night which was fine with me as I had an extra person staying the 2nd night. BUT i had to check out at normal check out time and wait to check in at normal check in time. not relaxing at all!
As the weather was getting really servere I called reception at 4pm to see if I could get a partial credit if I leave to go home early to see if my house was flooded - the duty manager heartlessly refused to help in anyway simply saying it was not their concern as he had to go to work that day dispite the weather. They said as it was 4pm they could not resell the room so would not credit it! Oh my goodness! peoples homes are being lost and they are worring about $310.00 are you for real? I could not believe what was being said! he honestly had no care at all. we were paronoid about losing our house to flood waters or not being able to get through the roads to get home but due to the sitation we were forced to stay and hoped for the best.
We collected our bags from reception to check into our new room and when we got into the room we realised one bag was missing - when we went back down to reception to ask for the missing bag we were told NO you would have received everything - there is no bags left for you. ARE YOU FOR REAL? the bag was discribed and we asked again for them to go and look for it. the staff member took us into the store room and said where is it then? Unreal I know. The bag was pointed out then and he gave it to us - there was no appology or anything. Pure rudeness!
When we checked into our room we ordered 2x rollaway beds - I was promised they would be in the room around 2pm - Only one was there when we got the room and by 9pm the second one still had not arrived! After many calls to housekeeping it finally arrived and my kids were so tired desperatley wanting to go to sleep.
We set the bed up ourselves and settled in for the night watching the weather as it worsened.
There were trees going down around the resort and it sounded like the tin on the roof was being lifted.
This is by no way any fault of the resorts but some communication to guests on the 3rd floor would have been great.
I stayed up all night wondering around the floors of the resort closing windows and doors in the halls as water was been blown in fast.
The next morning we asked about the roof and the lady on reception simply said she had no idea as was not told anything about what had happened last night at the hotel!!
There was a family that had to be moved to another room as they lost power completley and this reception lady had no idea about anything and simply was just kean to take my credit card and move me on.
We packed up early eager to get out of there and decided to have breaky at the bistro as we were unsure how our drive home would be and if any shops would be open.
for 2 adults and 2 children (2 under 3 werent charged) it cost us $54 - rediculous for some cereal, toast and fruit!!
Before we left we asked to speak to a duty manager - when he came out he said that we were over the top, there is nothing he can do and does not care if we dont come back and was looking past us at other guests checking out.
The rudness and lack of respect and customer service is appauling. we use to brag about this hotel to everyone - reccommending it to all our friends with familys - now I would advise them to just stay at the Marriott - it is a billion times better and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Room Tip: just dont stay here! Stay at the Marriott Surfers Paradise instead.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bel A,
During the storm a number of our staff had damage to their homes, and put themselves at risk to come to work so that you could have a place to stay and food to eat. We think these people deserve to get paid for this.
You were not the only one affected by the storm!
If you would like to thank the staff please let us know.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for our first visit to Queensland with our two kids. The hotel was fantastic and the kids loved it. Checking was a breeze then straight to our rooms. My first impression of the room was that the bathroom was well and truly ready for a makeover but the room itself was fine. It did take me a couple of days to stop thinking about the bathroom. It was very clean so that wasn't an issue, just having to shower by climbing in a really high bath and a shower curtain. The fixtures and tiles were dated.

There was a small bar fridge and bench area that we just made our breakfast on each morning as our room didn't include breakfast. There was a lot of wardrobe space so we could all unpack our clothes.

The pool area was a big hit with everybody. There was a normal playing/ swimming pool (could get a bit crowded sometimes) then a separate pool area with a massive water structure for the kids. This is best for kids I would say 4 up but there was a third pool with a mini structure more suitable for under 4's. there is lots of area to sit around the pools and at night they have entertainers like fire dancers come in that you watch for free.

The kids club is a great set up that I think is include in all rooms. It is like being in another world. The kids literally can run, ride pedal cars, table tennis....there is heaps. Although the times are set for the kids club, they open the doors to the area earlier in the morning then later in the day so you can actually go in with your kids and have free play.

The restaurant in the hotel is right by the pool so you can sit and eat and still watch your kids swim. The food was nice and not overpriced as some hotel eateries can be.

From the beach it is under ten minutes to walk and probably about the same into the hub of surfers. There are shops the whole way along so you don't realise the walk anyway. There are lots of things in surfers from shopping, eating, ripples believe it or not, wax museum and more.

Next trip I won't even consider staying anywhere else!

Location wise to the theme parks couldn't have been happier. We had decided to use public buses o get around for our entire holiday and glad we didn't waste money on a hire car. The bus for movie world and wet n wild was right outside the hotel and took us directly to the parks front entrance. The sea world bus stop was the next block over so walking with two kids was about a slow 5 mins. Again, this dropped us at sea world but outside the car park so it was not quite a five minute walk that end as well. Can't remember the cost but we just purchased bus passes from 7 eleven stores and kept topped up. It was cheap though. Only downfall they get packed at the theme park end in the afternoon and you might need to stand the entire way back.

We also used a public bus to/from the Gold Coast airport to the hotel. At the airport there is nowhere to buy a bus pass so you just get a cash ticket from the driver when you get on. The stop was right outside the airport building and buses run frequently. The stop is right outside the hotel and the trip (with lots of stops) was an hour. Pllenty of room for luggage as it is a dedicated airport bus. I did look into private transfers for the airport and theme park and even though they are unlimited use, it is still within their timetable and it worked out a lot dearer than public.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Katii1975,
Thank you for your review of Paradise Resort,
It sounds like the family had a busy and fun holiday, good to hear.
Hope to see you again soon.
Glen & the Team

Been to Paradise Resort Gold Coast? Share your experiences!