“House Keeping......” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Legends Hotel

You added Mantra Legends Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Legends Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Surfers Paradise Blvd and Laycock St, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“House Keeping......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We enjoyed our first visit to Surfers Paradise.... the room was ok and spacious but HOUSE KEEPING was very poor... we had to ask the people in charge twice to vaccumme the room and wipe stains off coffee table. They did it on the 3rd day when it was meant to be done everyday according to the management and staffs at reception. They also never changed the beddings until just before the last day of our stay when we emphsised about it. Also one of the person at the conciege was very rude when we were trying to arrange a tour and get more information.
The girls at the reception were very friendly and helpfull. Location wise was excellent. May I will re think on staying there again unless they can get their acts together. All the best!!!

Room Tip: Room with a view will be adviseable and like ours with spa bath as well.... but depends on what your...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Reginald L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I am naturally disappointed to hear some areas of your stay were not up to standard and have affected your Holiday. I am pleased that you found the reception staff to be friendly and helpful, it concerns that one of my concierge was rude and lacked the customer service I would expect.

There appears to of been a communication breakdown in regards to your room servicing and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, I have followed this up with all relevant parties.

We strive to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay and on this occasion we have fallen short, without having your specific booking details it makes it difficult to further investigate the concerns you have raised, if you could please contact me directly chris.dickinson@mantra.com.au it would be of great assistance as I would like look into this matter further.

Once again thank you for providing this feedback and I look forward to hearing from you !

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in late 2011. I rang the hotel at 8am when we arrived in QLD and half an hour later when we arrived at the hotel they had a room ready for us to checkin!
Staff were friendly and helpful. We ate tea in their restaurant one night, food & service was good, we were given a high chair for our toddler. The room we stayed in was small, but clean & tidy. It had two double beds and the verandah looked out to the ocean. Position is just a short stroll to Caville Avenue, there are restaurants right outside the building.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Shaz3R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am extremely happy that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, it’s also very pleasing you enjoyed Fables restaurant.

I would like to thank you again for providing this feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Legends Hotel.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

After arriving early to the hotel we were told that our room was not available. This is fine as we were early and with the hotel being fully booked couldn't pay for early check in, check staff continually told us we were on priority and the rooms wouldn't be long. 4 hours later we were still waiting. I would rather they told us the truth and said sorry we are fully booked it will be 2pm as per reservation than keep us waiting, it was frustrating and they didn't even offer water or anything considering you could see we were exhausted. Website also needs to be updated. I spoke to many people who thought the decor of the hotel was as per website when in fact its only the deluxe rooms etc that are renovated and the rest of the rooms are 70s throwbacks! Our studio room was humid (air not working well) and the mattress was as hard as a rock! I guess you cant beat the price for the location but that will only suffice for so long before word spreads. Hotel staff need a lesson in manners (Check in) also.

Room Tip: pay extra for a Deluxe Studio + if you want to get a nights sleep...Also parking is limited and 17/d...
Dear jackie a,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I am naturally disappointed to hear you found the service and room quality not up to our usual high standard. I would like to confirm that our check in time is 2pm and we try our best to get the rooms ready prior to this but during peak season this becomes more difficult, the receptionist should of informed you on arrival to expect your room to be ready at 2pm, there seems to of been a communication breakdown and I apologise for this.

Mantra Legends Hotel was built in 1997 and most of our rooms have been refurbished since then, we are continually trying to improve our unrefurbished rooms. I am happy that you found both the price and location of Mantra Legends to be the best.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice so far. It is very close to Surfers Paradise beach and mall. The beds are getting old and need replacing soon (as of January 2013). The restaurant is a little over priced for the service and quality of food. But the proximity to beach and surfers paradise shops is great.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear AroundWorldIn80Years,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback, I’m extremely happy that you found Mantra Legends to be nice and in a convenient location, the Hotel beds are monitored and replaced as soon they show signs of ageing.

I would like to thank you for your repeat business and look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Legends Hotel in the future !

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

What a rip off!
More like 3 star at 5 star price.
Rooms are falling apart and dirty.
Tv is from the early 1980s.
Pool is disgusting with hair and filth on bottom and floating on top.
Supposed to be 4 to 4.5 star and has old school bath shower set up with manky old curtains.

Never again

• Stayed January 2013
Dear TheWhingeReport,

Thank you for sharing this feedback, I am naturally disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Mantra Legends Hotel, without knowing your specific booking details I cannot be sure but it appears you have booked one of our standard rooms, we do have our deluxe room categories which have been refurbished, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies as we have clearly fallen short in meeting your expectations and ensuring the room is cleaned to the highest standard.

Without having your specific booking details it makes it difficult to further investigate the issues you have raised, if you could please contact me directly chris.dickinson@mantra.com.au it would be of great assistance as I would like look into this matter further.

I would like to thank you again for providing this feedback , I look forward to hearing from you !

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hotel in early January and we had a great time. It was super busy but the staff were always smiling and the service was first class. The room was clean and tidy and we had breakfast one morning and the selection was excellent. Will be back.

Dear Jason B,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic feedback, I am extremely happy that you found the customer service to be first class as this is the level of service we aim to achieve, it’s also great you found the room to be clean and the breakfast selection to be excellent.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Legends Hotel, thank you once again for sharing your experience!

SYDNEY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed for a week. The room was clean and neat - nothing special, but the price was very reasonable. However, the service from reservation/desk staff was "disinterested" and the advertised seafood buffet was absolutely appalling. The crab was frozen - barely defrosted - and tasteless as were the prawns; salads tired; other non-seafood dishes were overcooked and tough (chicken and fish). The club sandwich is the only thing I can recommend - although do not order it through room service, it arrived soggy and cold.
The pool was overcrowded and dirty. People were smoking (and leaving their butts poolside) in full view of hotel staff.
Advised reception staff that our room did not have a services booklet. Staff member responded: "pool is over there, sauna and spa through the door at the end of reception".
(Thanks for that! Internet, laundry services, tour desk, restaurant menu, opening/closing hours, etc . . .)
An error in our bill left us waiting in reception for the duty manager to resolve. We only found out it had been resolved by" tackling" the manager as he passed through the reception area.
Sorry Pat - advertising campaign is great, but we won't be back.

Dear FARNCOMB,

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback, I am happy that you found the room to be clean and neat and the price reasonable, I am naturally disappointed that you found the Front Office staff to be disinterested, this is not what I would expect as we pride ourselves on high levels of customer service.

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by the lack of service and information given by the front office staff, I will be addressing this and ensuring all relevant staff are given further training. I would like to also address the issues and concerns you had with the Seafood buffet and room service, while we strive to ensure all guests enjoy the food selection and quality this is not always to everyone’s liking ,we do offer an extensive a la carte menu so this can supplement and offer alternatives to the buffet, I would like to apologise for the issues and delay you had with room service as this is clearly not acceptable.

I would like to thank you once again for providing this feedback as it assists us greatly with ensuring our standards are kept high !

Front Office Manager

Been to Mantra Legends Hotel? Share your experiences!