“Mantra Legends - Truly Lengendary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Legends Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mantra Legends Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Legends Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Surfers Paradise Blvd and Laycock St, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Pune, India
“Mantra Legends - Truly Lengendary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We just got back from a family trip to New Zealand and Australia. Even though all the hotels that we stayed in were very good and comfortable, we thought Mantra Legends was the best!

We got rooms on the 13th floor, the view of the city and the beach from our balcony was surreal! We had booked 3 rooms - a twin room and an individual room with an attached kitchen and other essential facilities. The rooms were spacious and clean, the staff very courteous. A special mention of the South East Asian man who takes care of the free tour bookings next to the reception! We had booked a Limo through him, and thought he was a wonderful person - very warm and cordial!

The hotel's prime location was only icing on the cake - a stones throw away from the beach and in the middle of the most happening street; we couldn't have asked for more!

Don't think we'd ever be visiting Australia again, but for anyone who plans to, Mantra is fab!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Malavika86

Please accept my appreciation for the great feedback you have posted via Trip Advisor.

Having travelled throughout Australia and New Zealand I am naturally thrilled that you rated Mantra Legends Hotel as the best property you stayed at. We do enjoy a great location and many of our rooms have excellent views so I am happy that you were able to experience this.

I will pass your thanks and sentiments onto the gentlemen that works at Concierge who I know is a fine ambassador for the Hotel.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Brisbane Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed in room 1519 for a long weekend which coincided with the start of schoolies and was a bit anxious about it all - but it was a great weekend. Its a minute walk from the beach and 2 minutes from the centre of surfers.

We've not stayed in a Gold Coast mantra before, always considering them too expensive comparatively to the plethora of other options. But we picked up a bargain from wotif which included the breakfast - the price was certainly very competitive with anything else in surfers or broadbeach, even with the $17 per day car parking added. Car parking was a breeze - plenty of room and a well designed car park.

Check in was a breeze, although we did notice a few schoolies were actually staying in the property (either their parents owned a unit, or had booked it on-line for them). The staff were very friendly and helpful.

There were quite a few parties throughout the resport, but they were all good natured, and being a corner unit, the nosie did not afftect us at all.

The room itself was well designed, very clean, with new furniture and appliances, a comfortable king bed and clearly recently renovated. The bench-top stove, microwave and dishwasher ensured it was more than adequate to meet our needs for the couple of days. The IGA and seven eleven within 50 metres walk made it all very convenient.

Breakfast buffet provided plenty of options and the restaurant itself had a very plesant outlook over the pool and fresh decor.

Well done Mantra - keep the prices competitive and we'll be back regularly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi BrisVegasFamily

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on-line via Trip Advisor and thrilled that you enjoyed your time whilst staying at the Hotel.

Our refurbished rooms are designated as "Deluxe" and are well worth paying the relatively small incremental charge for and I am happy that you found the room and breakfast to be of a high standard and that the service from the team was friendly and helpful.

I hope to see you back at the Hotel when you next visit the Gold Coast from BrisVegas.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we couldn't get into our hotel of choice. We picked up the room for a pretty good rate. When you walk into the lobby, it's very nice and quite modern looking. We checked in and the staff were fantastic. I asked about adding the buffet breakfast to our room which wasn't a problem at all.

The room was great! The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and tidy. The best thing is the aircon... We could set it to what felt like fridge temperatures! The ony complaint about the room was on the private balcony there was only one chair and it was fairly rusted. Other than that the room was great!

The buffet breakfast was also pretty good. There was a great selection and it was turning over fairly quickly. The only complaint about the buffet breakfast is they need to ensure they clean the plates better. We had to go through about 7 to find two clean ones.

Overall a pretty good experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Hi collins1987

I appreciate your feedback and thanks for posting this on-line with Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that so many aspects of your stay were to your liking and you felt your overall experience at the Hotel was pretty good.

Hopefully we will see you back at some point in the future.

Peacehaven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Absolutely Lovely swimming pool. Nice & very helpful staff able to sort out trips/buses/maps etc. Good food on room service. Kitchenette in room serviceable. Great view from balcony. But Wifi connection poor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi sarahmannPeace

Thanks for your post and I am thrilled that so many aspects of your stay were to your liking.

I am pleased to inform that we have recently completed a full recabling and equipment upgrade of the Hotel's wifi system which has seen significant improvement in our wifi service - my apologies that this was an issue during your time with us.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and I look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We got one of those cheap deals with breakfast thrown in. We got a standard, unrefurbished room, which is fine as that's all we'd paid for. I found the room quite comfortable, especially for the price. The only real complaint was the small, old box TV with no digital channels. Can't be too many hotels left that haven't upgraded to flat panels. The big let down at this hotel is Legends Restaurant. Beautiful decor, lovely blue padded chairs, nice location. However, the quality of the food and service generally was quite poor. I'd have hated to have been paying full price for the buffet breakfast. Most things were not real hot, and very limited choices. Scrambled eggs looked and tasted 'strange' - sloppy as though too much milk, hardly any butter. Poached eggs all thrown into a big deep pot of hot water and you helped yourself - very unattractive. A lot had the yolks broken (same for fried eggs). Some of the breakfast standards were missing, such as tomatoes and mushrooms. Pastries were pretty sad looking - I didn't bother. Almost impossible to get clean cutlery for toast etc. We splurged and went to seafood dinner buffet. Very disappointed as very limited choices in hot foods and desserts, and the quality of food was poor in general. Fine if you just wanted to fill up on prawns and crab I suppose. I went away and still felt a bit hungry. Have been to other buffets on the Gold Coast for same price, and got much better value, quality and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi beachholidayer_12

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent time with us and for posting these on-line.

Whilst I am glad that our location proved convenient, please accept my apologies that your meals in the restaurant fell short of an acceptable standard. I have followed through with my Restaurant Manager regarding servie and had my Exececutive Chef review the breakfast buffet more regularly to ensure higher standards are achieved.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email on vince.king@mantra.com.au should you choose to afford us another opportunity to accomodate you - I would be delighted to give your booking my personal attention.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

In Queensland Mantra Legends was a center for everything for our conference sightseeing places and shopping. I had a room with all the facilities including cooking.The magnetic card keys were a big failure. Most of the people couldn't open the door that too after a long travel.Breakfast was quite elaborate. Just across was an Indian restaurant with wonderful food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi drdilipdshah

I greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share this on-line.

I am pleased our location proved so convenient, particularly given you were travelling from India on business. Sorry though for the issue of your door entry key card losing it's coding during your stay.

I hope you again choose to stay at Mantra Legends Hotel should you be travelling to the Gold Coast.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

For a first time customer using WOTIF.COM, I decided to chose your hotel out of all hotels I had been viewing during 1 day to spend my birthday weekend with my 3 daughters. I booked online at the time and a friendly lady online helped me and guided me as to how to book. So I did that, paid for it in full and Thanked your Awesome ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE person at the time for all her help.

I arrived to your hotel with my 3 gals on my birthday which was Friday 26th October and stayed for my Birthday weekend and left on Sunday. I cannot begin to even say how grateful I was at the service from the moment of our arrival. The helpful lady at the counter checked us in and she got the guy that helps take your luggage up to the room organised. He took all our luggage up to our room. Within 1 hour of relaxing, there was a knock at the door and I thought, wow who could that be, no one knows that me and my children are there! To my SURPRISE it was one of the Ladies Room Service that delivered my BOTTLE OF WINE in the cooler, with my box of chocolates and her saying "Hello Maam, this is just a Birthday Gift from Mantra Legends Hotel Management Staff! I just thought WOW!! What an awesome beginning to my birthday weekend!

FOR MY FIRST TIME STAYING AT ANY HOTEL EVER with my Children, I just want to say A BIG THANK YOU TO THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT TEAM of Mantra Legends Hotel for a MEMORABLE STAY! It was the BEST BIRTHDAY WEEKEND of my ENTIRE life! I will definitely recommend this hotel TO ANY OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! Look forward to another stay there in the near future! :)

HAPPY MOTHER OF 3 GALS
Heritage Park (QLD) :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Georgina P

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable time at the Hotel whilst celebrating a birthday.

I hope to see you back again some time in the not too distant future.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Been to Mantra Legends Hotel? Share your experiences!