“Another rainy weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Legends Hotel

You added Mantra Legends Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Legends Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Surfers Paradise Blvd and Laycock St, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Another rainy weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed at Legends over the Australia day long weekend this year. We had booked well in advance and were looking forward to the festivites in Surfers. Due to the heavy rain all activites were cancelled. We had a good time anyway. We had a studio room and this came with a microwave. Buffet breakfast was very good. We also had a 2 for 1 seafood buffet voucher and this was also very good. Staff were attentive and friendly. Pool was cold -would be lovely if the weather had been kinder. We enjoyed the sauna and steam room - a spa (hot tub) would have been great. Bear in mind that this hotel caters to many tour groups so it can be busy at check in/out and the restaurant. Also hard to get a park in the porte coche due to the tour busses. Good location - a couple of blocks to Cavill Ave.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Vada_9

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting this response to your post.

It's a real shame that the weather was poor over the weekend you were staying although I am happy you were able to enjoy the food and service during your time with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra Legends Hotel some time soon.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on our journey "up the East Coast". We arrived from O`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat so it was a bit of a contrast!!....natural forest versus concrete jungle! Found hotel no problem....great central location...immediately impressed by staff....Concierge greeted us and helped with luggage and parking and Reception were able to re-arrange room bookings so we could immediately go to our room. This is an impressive 22-storey modern hotel and we had a great view from our room on 15th floor! Room was very clean, modern and comfortable.Restaurant/ Bar was excellent and we enjoyed the swimming pool. It was a glorious sunny day and we walked for miles along the immaculate beach. Surfers Paradise is a really "buzzing" place with an abundance of shops, restaurants, bars and clubs. We had been warned "it`s like Blackpool....you`ll hate it"!.....How wrong....we loved it!!

Room Tip: Obviously the higher the floor...the quieter the room. Avoid "Schoolies Week"....end of No...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian B

Thanks for the terrific feedback you have provided following your stay with us and please accept my apologies it has taken so long for me to acknowledge your post.

You obviously enjoyed your time in the Hotel and in Surfers Paradise - it's a shame you could only be with us for one night. No doubt you will able to go back to those who had provided the "Blackpool" comparison and talk positively regarding this great destination.

Thanks again for your post and I hope to see you back at Mantra Legends Hotel should you ever be again visiting the Gold Coast from the UK.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Our room was small and dark. Hard to believe this hotel is rated a 4* property, it is a sufficient 3*. I found the check in staff functional but not very welcoming. Nothing inspiring about the hotel, nothing to recommend about it either.

Room Tip: Go for a studio room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BrisbaneCorkGirl

Thanks for your post although I am really sorry that the room allocated did not meet your expectations and that the service received on arrival was not as welcoming as it should be.

Please accept my apologies for this and also the delay in responding to your post.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a lovely hotel. The staff are fantastic, and go out of their way to help you. I didn't use the pool, but it looks fabulous. The room design is quirky and not just a straight forward hotel room- ie : a square box.There is also a small but useable little kitchenette. Floor to ceiling windows beside the bed, which gives the feeling that you are floating amongst the lights of the Gold Coast, as you drift off to sleep.

Now- to sleep. I have to ask- why do hotels of quality constantly persist in pushing two beds together to make one bed?! An even worse crime against 'hoteldom' is two beds pushed together- of differing heights!!! As I fell into bed on the first night, I relished the pillows, the view, the soft white sheets, and being a centre of the bed sleeper, I rolled over and found myself clambering up to the bed on the other side. If I had been here with my partner, it would have a been an awkward and untidy night. As it was, I didn't sleep well, coupled with feeling angry everytime I turned over, and hit the dreaded 'ridge' in the middle of the bed. To ad salt to the wound, just as was in some for of sleep- the stupid alarm went off- at 5.30...AM... and I didn't set it. Damn! I had forgotten to turn it off at the wall the night before!

The television is a little antiquated- you have to go into menu every time you want to change the channel and it is non- digital ( surprising in this day and age ), but I suppose the majority of people come here to be outside, whereas I was here on business and was staying in when not working.
This is such a lovely property- and these are tiny quibbles.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear BrisbaneBarb

I greatly appreciate your detailed feedback so thanks for sharing this on-line. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post - in the mean time we have been working on upgrading our TV infrastructure to receive digital channels across all rooms in the Hotel and I hope to have this finalised in the coming period.

I am glad that the staff offered fantastic service - I will certainly share your positive feedback with the team.

Some of our Studio rooms do have the King zip bed and my apologies that this impacted your comfort. During different periods of the year many hotels have high demand for rooms with 2 beds - hence the great flexibility offered by the King Zip arrangement. These are designed with additional padding in the centre of the bed when zipped together to minimise the "ridge" as you have detailed.

Thanks again for your post BrisbaneBarb - I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel at some point in the future.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Great hotel. Stayed here at easter with 6yr old. Great views, nice room, complete with kicthenette, which had everything you could want to cook lunch/dinner etc. Room was lovely and quiet, didnt hear any noise from anyone. I really enjoyed my stay here, and my daughter loved the pool. Location is brilliant and a lovely walk into Surfers. I parked my car on the street over night no problems. You have to have it moved by 9am - 7pm (or pay), but that was not a drama as we went out during the day. On the days we did come back early we just parked a few streets back (which was free).

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear avagraceisace

Thank you greatly for sharing your positive experience on-line and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Pauatahanui, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

All the basics in the hotel are good. Clean and Tidy, nice bed, helpful staff. Its close to the main strip of Surfers. Parking is easy under the hotel. Its just a pity its in surfers, which used to be awesome, but now is a concrete jungle. I was there for work.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Hi mrpackethead

Thanks for your post and I am glad that you found the Hotel clean, comfortable and that you received good service from the team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Hobart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at this property for 3 nights over Easter 2012. The check-in was quick, the staff very accommodating, the location was fantastic, food/drinks were lovely, pool area quiet/clean, and the standard of the Deluxe Studio was excellent etc etc. I do not have a single complaint, and would probably never stay anywhere else if I wanted to stay so close to everything in the heart of Surfers!
Also - quick tip, when ordering Room Service Breakfast, there was enough for 2 mornings!

Room Tip: I opted on the Deluxe Studio with a Rates Special direct with the Mantra Group.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hi MellyG777

Thanks for sharing your experience following your recent stay. Sounds like you had a great Easter and I am pleased you opted for and enjoyed a Deluxe room and that all aspects of your stay went so well.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to see you back at Mantra Legends Hotel some time soon.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Been to Mantra Legends Hotel? Share your experiences!