My partner and I celebrated an anniversary by a trip to the gold coast choosing to stay here in the spa suite. Advertised on the hotel site as the bedroom was a seperate room with closed doors. and a lovely spa bathroom.
When we arrived a wonderful staff member checked us in. We had the top floor room with ocean view. When we got into our room, there was no seperate bedroom, was cramped and the bathroom was the nicest part. We looked on the fire escape sheet and noticed the other rooms were like the site said. We asked the receptionist about possibly moving and she told us no chance and all rooms were the same. Unimpressed, we left it as that. Two days later we walked past an open room only to notice a much larger room and nicer furniture!
one morning we ordered room service breakfast, one big breaky and one continental. first brought it up without the fruit and the danishes. rang and complained. only to be brought up the fruit, upon further complains I finally recieved our danishes, not impressed when we paid $50 for the breakfasts. & a rude and annoyed staff member didnt make it any better.
We had bottles of drinks and a few bits of rubbish in the bin, 3 days these were not taken away, nor were the bins emptied. Room seemed neglected and not serviced.
All in all, the holiday was a little tarnished by the hotels service and the false advertising of the room. Considering we paid over $1,200 for under a weeks stay and got this service and room that was falsely advertised, we will not be staying there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering premium accommodation in the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Legends Hotel provides the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. The hotel is just a short stroll to the beach, premium shopping outlets and fine dining restaurants and Surfers Paradise's famous nightlife scene is a mere five minute walk. The hotel boasts well appointed guest rooms and suites, featuring ocean or hinterland views. All rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. On-site facilities cater to both business travellers and those on a relaxed getaway. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, secure undercover parking (subject to availability) and concierge. Our hotel offers an on-site restaurant, Fables and our own Tales Bar. Join us for breakfast, dinner or simply an evening cocktail. We provide the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise