I don't even know wher to start 'coz my family and I simply love Islander Resort Hotel! 1st, the family unitof our self-contained apartment is spacious with a separate room with 2 double beds that opens up to a balcony overlooking the Surfers Paradise Boulevard. The kitchenette is complete. There's a spacious living room with a small dining table, a tv with just a few channels (but it's really ok), a sofa and 2 day beds as well. The living room opens up to a balcony too where the view of the Nerang River is on the left and the beach on the right of us.
The bust stops are within walking distance from Islander and we use the publc bus to Carrarra Market, to Movie World, to Harbour Town and to Pacific Fair mall. The nearest Woolworths supermarket is just across the road at Centro Paradise Mall besides 2 other Woolworths also within walking distance.
My kids love the amusement ctr located at the ground floor. There's a decent swimming pool at Islander and a spa and these facilities are shared with Islander backpackers hostel. Nearby, there are 2 back-to-back shops selling reasonably-priced souvenir items. Halal food like kebabs, biryani, pizza and a Malaysian restaurant is also within walking distance.
Other places of interest are also in a close proximity.
A very comfy van from a cab service co from Islander to Coolangatta Airport at 6am cost us approx. AUD55 but the day when we arrived, we bought Go Cards at the airport which gave us approx. 30% discount on Surfside Buslines to Islander. It cost us less than AUD4/adult and much lesser for kids. The bus stops opposite the Skywheel and Islander is just behind the Skywheel. Tourist Info Ctr is also nearby where we returned our Go Cards and got our refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Resort Hotel is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, only a block from the famous Surfers Paradise Beach and the excitement of Cavill Avenue. The hotel is located on the corner of Beach Road and Surfers Paradise Blvd, only a short walk to restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Accommodation consists of Standard Hotel Rooms or One Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature a private balcony, tea/coffee facilities, air conditioning, refrigerator, clock radio and in-room safe. Apartments also have full kitchen facilities.Guests can enjoy free use of full resort facilities including tropical outdoor pool, spa, steam room, tennis and squash courts. Other hotel facilities include 24 hour internet café, on-site bottleshop, 24 hour reception, tour desk, on-site car rental, laundry facilities and limited undercover parking. Vegas in Paradise Restaurant, Bar and Gaming lounge is located on the ground floor and a new outdoor café is now open serving fresh coffee and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Islander Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Islander Surfers Paradise
- Islander Resort Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise