First stay here, and wow! This hotel has a 50/60's beach theme and it is incredibly well done. The staff are fantastic and friendly and the food is very good, especially the outstanding Bazaar restaurant, they even have choccy milk for breakfast! The lemonade on arrival is refreshing and the overall experience is great. My wife loved the bed, she wants me to buy one! The Dream Bed is great and as a Rydges user quite regularly, they are comfy. The rooms look nice but are slightly limited by the fact that this is a refurbishment of an older hotel so the size of the bathroom is slightly smaller than expected in newer hotels. But it certainly didn't cause us any concerns and the crazy hairdryer took my wife's attention.
As mentioned above, this is a refurbishment of an older hotel and as such they are still perfecting some areas. I spoke with one of the key managers who told me the car park (as mentioned in the negative review below) is well on its way to its refurbishment and should be completed soon. They also told me about renovations to other areas such as the pool and the Japanese restaurant which will further enhance this hotel.
Location is also good as it is within five minutes walk of central Surfers but far enough away to avoid any annoying behavior. $8 for car parking is outstanding.
One more thing, I am a Rydges Priority Guest member and the discounts are good at this hotel so sign up, it costs nothing.
Overall, it is a great hotel. The new Hilton had slightly better rooms but you just can't beat the overall style of the QT and the smile certainly is welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise