Before going away on a travel, I always check tripadvisor for recommendations by people and what is good/what is not. Usually when we go down to the Gold Coast we stay at a few places we have previously stayed at and thoroughly enjoyed. This was our first time staying at QT but we have stayed at other Rydges Hotels and eaten at the Bazaar Buffet. However, seeing that the accommodation package included dinner, breakfast and snacks we thought we may as well give it a go.
On arrival, the Hotel is very welcoming with bubbly and happy front concierge staff. Going to the room was a surprise as the bed was so so comfy (must be one of the comfiest we have ever slept on!). The hotel however, does charge for coffee/snacks/mini bar consumption. So if you do need snacks, go out and buy your own if you dont want to rack up some unnecessary charge. The gym and pool are maintained quite well and we didn't have much of a problem using it at all. It was both very clean. There were a few kids in the Spa without parents there which was quite annoying as no staff was even there to monitor them.
We had the buffet dinner, which was very nice and tasty and the staff in the corner we sat at was very attentive. However, this cannot be said for every single meal we had there. Yes the food and drinks we bought at the hotel was great, but the service we received was quite appalling for a supposed "5 star" hotel. We ordered room service at around 10pm one night and we called one hour later as the food had not arrived, and the team member said "it's on its way up". 25 mins later it finally arrived at our door, and by this time we just wanted to sleep, not eat. We got a half hearted "sorry for keeping you waiting". They could have told us when we placed our order how long it would have taken. Not just that, but at the buffet breakfasts on a few occasions we would always be missing spoons and trying to speak to staff was almost impossible as they weren't attentively listening. We always had to walk up to one and request one - again very appalling for a so called "5 star hotel".
In all honesty, yes we scored a great deal but i think i would have preferred to stay at a place where we were not charged for parking there (because most places dont at the gold coast if you are staying over), had better customer service and wasn't so loud, we would have enjoyed this holiday much more. The comfy bed, and great food made up for it though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise