Spent 4 nights at QT in early January with my husband and 2 kids. We had the king suite, which has a separate bedroom and fold-out bed in the living area for the kids. Much roomier than the photos suggest, with a large bathroom and additional powder room in the entry. The hotel is trying pretty hard for that LA cool vibe, and pretty much succeeds. It's also only 1 block from the beach and an easy stroll into Surfers. Concierge was always helpful and the lemonade stand in the lobby with complementary lemonade was a nice touch. It was very busy while we were there - of course, peak season - and the pool is a bit small to cope with that many guests. We didn't really mind - went with the kids first thing in the morning, which suited us well. Ate at both the on-site Japanese and Bazaar restaurants and we were all impressed. Mid-way through our stay we were asked to move from the 4th to the 11th floor, to exactly the same room, as a favour to the hotel. It was a bit of a pain to be honest, as I had to return to the hotel, pack all our stuff up, and was then left waiting for over 30 mins for someone to help with the bags. When they didn't show up I just decided to get the new key myself and move everything on my own. To be fair, I did agree to move and the hotel kindly included breakfast at Bazaar for us the next day (worth $100), so I have to say this was handled fairly well. We would probably stay again as it's particularly good value for money - although the number of heavily tattooed young couples, with the men looking like mafia and the women in teeny gold bikinis, was a little strange. But I think that's the Gold Coast in general these days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise