“Great location for a Surfers Paradise Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

You added Vibe Hotel Gold Coast to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Far Nth Coast Australia
“Great location for a Surfers Paradise Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights. The room was a twin share of a reasonable size, with minibar, tea and coffee making facilities. TV with sky channel and movies on demand. A bathroom containing shower inside the bath. My room was street facing, so in the morning was noisy, not that it bothered me but if a light sleep I would opt for a room facing the canal. Breakfast was included in my package and consisted of a buffet of scrambled eggs ,bacon, some Asian soups toast juice etc. Not the best buffet I have experienced but ok and the room is bright and overlooks the canal. Parking is available for an $8 a night fee. Internet has to be purchased I do not know how much as I did not need to use it on this occasion. The location is great , only an easy walk to the beach or to main strip and restaurants on Chevron Island. Its about a 10 minute walk to Chevron Island where there a a lot of restaurants. Staff were helpful and friendly. All in all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the canal if youre a light sleeper as road side rooms are very noisy with the mo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Warren C, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi Maxi1414,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel.
It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be well located. We are also delighted that you found the team to be friendly and helpful!
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
North Tamborine, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very well positioned hotel close to shopping, supermarket across road and attractions nearby.. Rooms are clean with good views and balcony, underground parking available and great staff ..
The bed was really comfortable and I had a great sleep, which is unusual for me ...
I will stay at this property again ...

Room Tip: A corner room, with a view of the Nerang river !!
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hi Vikki S,

Thank you for the great review!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will stay again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel soon.

Pine Rivers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business and found it to be quite reasonable for the price I paid.
The room I stayed in looked like it had been refurbished not that long ago and the hotel is handy to the centre of Surfers
While the room wasn’t overly big given I was there on business that didn’t bother me however, not suer I would like to sit around in it all day if on holidays but if you are on the coast on holiday hanging around the room isn’t high on the list of to do’s.
Staff where friendly and helpful and food was nice for the price you paid. The 15$ buffet breakfast would have to be one of the cheapest in town and found the quality to be ok.
There are hotels near this one that are 4 or 5 times the nightly rate and whilst they may have sea views and marble bathrooms this would be as good base for holidays stop over

I had great view of hinter land and not suer you could get sea view from this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear thebearsgang,

Thank you for your feedback on the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast as we enjoy hearing great news of our hotel.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our handy location, views and the buffet breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again at Vibe.

Kind Regards
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on a family holiday. When we arrived at the hotel, we arrived 40 minutes before check in and we were very tired after the plane ride with our cheeky toddler. We were told the room was not yet ready. My toddler really needed a nappy change and I asked if there was somewhere I could change him, the staff told me I could change him in the toilets. Upon inspection of the toilets there was NO BABYCHANGE facilities in there! I went back and asked the staff, and was told I would have go across the road to the shopping mall and use the babychange there! I was not happy to say the least, we were very tired and my son was getting cranky, so we had to go across a busy street to a shopping mall and race around to locate the baby change. Not happy! This did not leave me with a good impression of the Vibe hotel. After we had gotten checked in the room was not so bad it was decent enough, we had a river view room which had a nice view and seemed fairly quiet.One thing I would suggest is putting a door chain high up on the hotel room doors, as my toddler was almost able to open the hotel room door and run out, not very kid safe! The breakfast was pretty good for $15, basic buffet but good value and the staff on at the breakfast were helpful and friendly. Parking could have been an issue, we came back from dinner at 7pm on Sat night and the carpark was almost full, we were lucky to get a spot. All in all I don't think I would stay here again, first impressions last and having no baby change and having to dash across the street to find one when we were so exhausted did not leave me very happy. This is the first time I have ever been somewhere where they did not have some sort of baby change facility in either the disabled or ladies toilets. This is something that should be ammended ASAP!

Room Tip: Choose a river view room :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi fionarMelbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and provide us with some valuable feedback.
We hope you had an enjoyable family holiday on the Gold Coast!
I was sorry to read that our initial impressions failed to meet your expectations. Your comments regarding the baby change table have been taken on board and we will definitely be looking into installing this facility.
Regarding the feedback about having a chain on the front door, unfortunately this is not something we could consider due to fire regulations.
On another note we are delighted that you enjoyed the view of from your room!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

All the best.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Fantastic location if you want to be close to Surfers Paradise. Across ferny avenue, you get all your touristy stuff and even woolies at your doorstep. 10 minute walk to beach.

We got here on the 702 bus from the gold coast airport and it costs us about $6 each in 45 mins. Really convenient bus stop in front of the hotel which takes you literally anywhere you need to go in the vicinity e.g. pacific fair mall.

We got a room on 19th floor with a sea view. Fabulous. Looking out to the pacific ocean each morning and evening was a huge plus to the trip. Some traffic noise from ferny ave below at night but not unbearable since we are on 19th floor (lower floors may be much worse).

Bedding was not too good. Pillows way too soft. Rooms a little dated and not sure if they vacuumed the carpet at all. Okay for a short stay I guess. TV, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar all regular stuff. A really tiny desk, so if you need to work you'd have problems.

Staff ranged from really nice/professional to terrible. Depends on your luck. We had an episode with the laundry machine one night where the power tripped god knows how many times and our laundry (wash/dry) just didn't work out. When asked if he could come take a look, one staff asked: did you put any coins in? I was like: of course I did. Then he went: are you sure?! Most condescending tone I've ever had to encounter all my years of staying in hotels. He never apologised for the laundry machine/power trip fiasco. Avoided him whenever he was on duty at reception. Just plain nasty. Female manager was nice and understanding, and really helpful though. So were a few other staff, when we checked out on the last day.

Not sure if we would come back again since the customer service wasn't all that pleasant. We got it at a good rate and a really nice location/view so it was a shame things were not perfect. I would still give it 4 stars though. If they upgraded the dated stuff and train the crew, this would be one of the rare gems in surfers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cachecacher,

Thank you for your feedback on trip advisor, we at the Vibe Gold Coast regard any feedback as good feedback because if we don’t know how our guest experience was during their stay we cannot improve.

We hope to see you again on your next travels to the Gold Coast and please don't hesitate to contact me directly to book any future bookings.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice large rooms with a lively balcony overlooking the river.
Underground car park with lift straight to the hotel is very handy.
Laundry facilites are in the basement but we didn't use these.
Hotel is about a ten - 15 minutes to the beach.
Would be happy to state here again as eveythibg in walking distance

• Stayed April 2013
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Puddenpie,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel, as we enjoy hearing great news of our hotel. I agree with you, this hotel location is truly in walkable distance to everything Surfers Paradise has to offer.

Next time your in Australia, we look forward to seeing you again at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast.

Kind Regards,
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed at Vibe from 29th May till 1st June and my boyfriend and I loveeeeee everything about Vibe! Stayed facing the road which is just opp the ocean at the 16th floor and despite being a little noisy by the road, everything else was perfect. Room was clean and is situated perfectly by the bus stop. Would recommend this hotel if you wanna go to gold coast :) Price is affordable for our 3 nights and the receptionist was friendly! definitely will come back :)

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren C, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi mairamarsha,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend our hotel! It was also very pleasing to read that you found our team to be friendly.

Thanks again your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.

Hotel Manager

Been to Vibe Hotel Gold Coast? Share your experiences!