“walking distance to everything!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

Save Saved
You added Vibe Hotel Gold Coast to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Adelaide, Australia
“walking distance to everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

a lovely buiness hotel that you can extend your stay to a family visit on the weekend. Great location adn a lovely set up.

Staff are helpful and friendly. Stay here a few times, differnt staff but always great.

Room Tip: any rooms are great , either side has a view. if your a light sleeper go higher up to get rid of som...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Janesjourney

Thank you for your feedback on the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, as we really appreciate hearing great news.

We take a lot of pride in our Vibe crew & happy to hear the service you received was friendly and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Vibe Gold Coast & please feel free to contact us directly for your

Hotel Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I really do love this hotel - this was my second stay here. The rooms are well appointed and the location is great - very handy to Cavil Mall and Coles and Woolies are right across the road. The pool area is very relaxing. Only problem is the over booked and undersized carpark which always seems to be double parked so you have to leave your keys, but kudos to the staff because they will always manage to accommodate your car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Mad_ELK

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service from the staff & they were helpful with assisting with the parking as we do understand it can be frustrating at times.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, good pricing, friendly staff, clean, def be back. Great view and nice atmosphere. $540 or four night, very comfy beds, air con and great showers (tall) which is important as I'm tall and hate half height showers, very pleased over all.

Stayed February 2013
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Jason C

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the bed at the hotel & had friendly service provided by all the Vibe Team

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed on Level 15, and it was very Loud from the Main Highway below the hotel.
The balcony gave it a 'looks and feels old' kind of feeling when you looked accross at Chevron Towers and other Fancy Hotels.
The room however was great, nice big bed and mirrors, spacious room, with LCD TV, AirCon, etc. it felt very new inside the room.

The TV is unfortunately locked down to PayTV and you cannot connect your Laptop to it. Which is a waste and makes the TV useless in many hotels, as I am not interested in paying for PayTV or watching Free to Air Channels on my trip. I carry my laptop with me all the time, and usally load it with entertainment. So we stuck to watching movies on my 13inch laptop rather than making use of the 32inch in room LCD.

The bathroom is also a little on the tiny side.
for a 192cm man, it the shower was a hard to use, as my head was touching the ceiling.
It didnt wasnt a good feeling and i would suggest redesining that bit.

Overall the price of $189 per night is a little high, as I got a better deal at Outriggers, and Chevron Previously, but it is not a killer price, as for much cheaper than that you ain't gonna get much better. I would like to see this hotel however drop the price to about $149 per night, as that would be more appropriate.

Locationwise, there are other that are closer to the beach, and certainly quieter, it is however pretty close to all amenities you require. And there is onsite parking available.

We stayed two nights in a deluxe room with upgrade $189.00 in Early January.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Esco-Ibra

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Vibe Gold Coast.

In relation to some of the points you've raised, unfortunately the height of the showers is a design fault from when the building was built and yes the TV's have had the extra ports on them switched off due to them being programed into the hotel system, the pay tv channels your referring to are complementary & only the movies are at an extra cost to our guests which have been setup to be purchased individually or as an unlimited package over a 24hr period.

Regarding the rate you've mentioned we believe that over the Christmas/school holiday period this was a reasonable rate which was lower than our closest competition within the area.

If you decide to come back to the Gold Coast in the near future please feel free to book with us directly and we will endeavour to place you over the river view which is a quieter location.

Mount Tamborine, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pros-

Good location, near Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre [with some fancy shops & decent priced cafes/restaurants] & close to a Coles ‘mini’ shopping centre, also not far from Cavill Ave & convenience stores.
Friendly staff, myself & husband were there on a wotif deal for $130 per night after our house was recently effected by the storm [power outage]. On the 2nd day we had discovered we could return after all with power restored, & staff were quite good about it, agreeing to refund & cancel the 2nd night as it was not required in the circumstances.
Nice enough views, of canal, not spectactular, but private [dated] balcony, at least in our room.
Decent breakfast with friendly staff, although [if you’re fussy about such things!] lacking grilled tomatoes, hash browns [potato gems instead], pastries, etc. Mix of Asian food to cater to tourists. Nice view from the café located within the hotel, of the canal & surrounds.

Cons-

Apparently it is recently refurbished but still our room at least was fairly worn looking, dusty air con vent, slightly yellowed bedding covers on the two beds which were placed together, slightly saggy mattress also [on my side, hubby said his was fine!]

During first night we noticed the fridge door was open with a towel hanging out of it, asked reception if it was broken & if we should still use it, a man arrived, ignored me, yanked the towel out & then strode past my hubby saying ‘enjoy.’ Did not appear too happy to be there [should note this is the exception rather than the rule when it came to staff].

Room Tip: With canal view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Carebear79

I do apologise for the inconvenience with the fridge, however I was pleased to read that you found the location and other facilities to your liking and also that even during the extreme weather conditions our friendly team were helpful!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotel in the near future.

Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Most of my reviews are long and wordy, this time I'll keep it short and to the point by just listing Pros & Cons. Bottom line is we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this property, but be careful not to recommend to any one who may be a more "particular" traveler . Hope the readers find this helpful!!

Pros: Good location - 10 min walk to the beach, but there are shops, restuarants and interesting
things along the way to see, it's a pleasant walk!
Friendly and helpful staff
Very nice pool area (could use a few more deck chairs, there's room for more and people
were sitting on the cement deck for lack of chairs)
Located near grocery store, bottle shop, souvenir shops and convenient snack places
such as McDonald's, etc.
In-room refrigerator (though we had to take out the stuff they had stocked for purchase in
order to have room for our own purchases)
Balcony overlooking the river and the boulevard

Cons: Bathroom needs paint
Maid service was sub-par - we weren't even sure if the room had been cleaned some of
the time, also the maid left our door ajar a couple of times until we mentioned it to
hotel staff.

Room Tip: a room with a balcony is nice!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Midwestravelers

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

In relation to the points you have raised I will address your concerns with the Housekeeping department to improve our overall guest experience and happy to hear the vibe team accommodated you with friendly service.

We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future.

Rockhampton, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights being Jan 19 & 20 so I could see the Big day Out. Even at first check in I knew that Id made a mistake picking the place. The counter staff didnt seam to know how to operate the log in computer, and all the other desk personal seamed very unmotivated to lift a finger to help. Once in my room I noticed just how run down the place really was the shower bath combo must have been made for a very small person cause my head was just shy of rubbing on the roof and had to bend down to get water on my head. The Bed was one of those 2x twin singles pushed together to form a king, but had no bed topper on it to try and hide the zipper (2 Very uncomfortable nights, I mean just put a queen in their) Anyhow after being at the Big Day Out on my 2nd day I came back to the hotel about 9:30pm and thought shower and a quick snack from room service then bed before driving to brisbane early in the morning to catch a flight. so I ordered a toasted Sanga and a bowel of wedges, after an 1hr of waiting I rang the front desk to see whats going on to a reply of they are on the way now. another half hr and still nothing, of which i gave the front desk another call and both barrels of the shotgun to the desk staff. I ended up having to walk up town to find a place to get a snack and come back to the hotel, all in all a quick 1/2 hr snack coast me 2 & 1/2 hrs and got into bed at about 12ish for 5hrs sleep before heading out that next morning. On check out the counter gave me my parking for free which they bloody should have, the place only has 28 parks for a 100 something room hotel I couldnt find a park their the whole time... All in all this hotel is CRAP! their is no form of management or someone that has enough of a clue to step up and direct the staff their to "Do their Job" This hotel is a prime example of why I'd prefer to fly to another country rather then trying to do or see something in my own country. The only people I found in this hotel who knew what they where doing and where professional where the cleaning ladys who kept a very poorly run hotel looking as best they could.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to stay at the Hilton across the street
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear RC1808233,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised, I have addressed your concerns with the Front Office and Food and Beverage departments to ensure we have learnt from the feedback to improve our overall guest experience and sincerely apologise for the service you received as this is not a common practice of ours as you can see from previous reviews.

In relation to some of the points you've raised, unfortunately the height of the showers is a design fault from when the building was built and I agree with you that the hotel parking can be difficult as this also falls back to when the hotel was initially constructed nearly forty years ago and not building for the future and this is why we inform guests & also have implemented on all websites that parking is subject to availability.

Our hotel beds are majority two king singles placed together as this gives us the flexibility like 99% of all other Gold Coast properties to cater for various bedding requests.

We do hope that one day you will stay with us again.

Hotel Duty Manager

Been to Vibe Hotel Gold Coast? Share your experiences!