“Great location and pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

You added Vibe Hotel Gold Coast to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Great location and pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just stayed at the vibe for 3 nights with my 2 friends for a 50th birthday . App on arrival we were greated warmly and promptly and we went up to our room. As there was 3 of us sharing a room we had 3 single beds and a great view of the hinterland and rivers .. But the airconditioner was no good ... Our room was super hot so we cranked it up and we went out for dinner and left it on. Well when we came back it was super hot and we sweated all night. After 3 complaints we think someone had a look at it but we were never told if it was fixed we just put up with it, spoke to others and they also said the same thing it wasn't super cool.
On a good note we dealt with a lovely young lady Korrina behind the reception, she was super helpful and super friendly she booked our special dinner for us for the 50th, checked timetables for the buses for us and made us feel very welcome The pool is just what you need on a hot day and the cocktails where just perfect.
All said and done great location great pool rooms where clean but the air cons need to be better.
I would stay here again as the location is great.. Buses shops supermarket all within minutes

• Stayed January 2013
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Winterfamily4u

Thank you Winterfamily4u for your feedback on the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, as we really appreciate hearing great news, especially when it involves one of our team members.

We take a lot of pride in our Vibe crew & in saying that Korina's one of our shining members of our team & I will definitely inform her of your appreciation.

I do apologise for the inconvenience you endured during your stay with the air-conditioning as I can only put it down to the extreme temperatures we experienced during this time & unfortunately our new system for the entire hotel was under pressure to cool the property.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Vibe Gold Coast & please feel free to contact us directly for your next booking.

Hotel Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
Papakura, Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

During my recent stay I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, room was cleaned daily, there is internet, and a gym,location is awesome, not just for shopping but the beach is about 5minutes away.
The only fault I would have to say is the spa that is connected to the pool was yellow when I went outside to relax on the 25/12/2012.
I am however already planning another trip to The Vibe for this year so I hope this time the spa will be clean. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Raewyn K

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities at the hotel & the close proximity to everything!

I wished to advise that our pool and spa are cleaned on a daily basis every morning and can only assume that due to the timing also due to the excessive amount of people staying with at that time

I am very pleased to hear that you would stay with us again on your next visit, please feel free to book with us directly next time you travel to Surfers Paradise

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Right in the middle of the action, this is a comfortable hotel, with large rooms with splendid balconies overlooking the river...but the staff is cold, unfriendly and totally lacking in accurate local knowledge. Left a bit of a taint on what was otherwise a memorable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear vasantnath

Thank you for taking the time to review us on your stay & appreciated that enjoy the view from your room.

However I am wondering if you could elaborate on what you mean by our service was cold & the lack of local knowledge.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel 07 5539 0444 or via vhsp@vibehotels.com.au if you prefer email.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I thought it would be better than this when I reviwed the photos on internet... The hotel was a bit old, the air con was so noisy and the bed was not that comfortable.
The location on the other hand was great, all the night clubs, restaurants and bus stops were close to the place.
I won't go back to this place for sure in my nxt trip to Gold Coast

Dear Sogoly

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I will address your concerns with the Housekeeping and maintenance department to improve our overall guest experience.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel 07 5539 0444.

Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice room on 18 floor though didn't hav beach view it was an amazing view or Surfers on the river . We were wowed on its simple yet modern room . Very happy and food for breaky was nice for its cost. Not really a kid hotel as we had teenager .

Dear Binglou

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the view and the breakfast at the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Australia for the first time and had no idea what to do or where to go or even how to go about setting things up. The staff at the front desk truly made our visit to Australia and our stay on the Gold Coast something special. In particular I would like to commend Penny at the front desk who went so far above and beyond to help us that it defies words.
The room itself had clearly seen some use, but t was clean and everything worked. Plus we had a great view of the canal and the Mahi Mahi whale watching boat.
The food in the buffet was good and breakfast there each morning was definitely a great start to the day.
While I am sure there are nicer, newer and more upscale hotels on the Gold Coast, I would not hesitate to stay at the Vibe again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Mac M

Thank you for your feedback on the Vibe Gold Coast as we enjoy hearing great news of our hotel.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the view over the canals & hinterland along with quality service when you spoke with our reception team
I will also pass on your appreciation to our food & beverage team regarding your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again at Vibe Gold Coast

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were there for a while ..everything was excellent the room was nice and clean walking distance to shops beach ... Simple enjoying in the nice room with beautiful view ...I should say that the breakfast was always hot and excellent ...we were just so happy with our choice to stay in this hotel ...I recommend to everyone this nice hotel with friendly staff and 24/7 service

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Tanja G

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room along with quick efficient facilities close to the hotel's area

We look forward to seeing you again at Vibe Gold Coast

Hotel Duty Manager

Been to Vibe Hotel Gold Coast? Share your experiences!