“An Affordable Pre-Christmas Break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Girls Night Out! $
Ranked #29 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“An Affordable Pre-Christmas Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Outrigger. We booked 7 nights through Webjet at an affordable rate and were really pleased with the quality of the room, the location of the hotels, and the view from our floor (though the orientation of the hotel is such that you'd struggle not to get a good view).

We had an easy walk to everything we wanted in Surfers including the beach, shops, supermarkets, restaurants, and the bus to the themeparks and down the coast.

The balcony felt very private with excellent sunset views (we faced south down the coast) to sip a G&T over before heading out to dinner.

The pool was expansive and significantly warmer than the ocean but, while there was a pool bar, we couldn't figure out when it operated.

All things considered we were rapt with our stay and would go back to the Outrigger in a jiffy.

Room Tip: Our room was a south facing ocean view room. We got to overlook all the amazing new buildings of Su...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear AndrewP,

Your feedback is welcomed and we are really happy you had such a great stay. I will address the pool bar hours at the pool area and not just in our compendium. This is very valuable feedback for us.

The vast majority of our rooms have great views of the ocean from the balcony and it is just at night that you either have the views over central Surfers or over the Slingshot entertainment area. Location is a real positive for us, in general one or two blocks to most entertainment options in central Surfers Paradise.

We look forward to your next break away from Melbourne, and being originally from Melbourne, great to get away during those really hot ot cold periods.

Kind regards and again many thanks for the great feedback.

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Indonesian first
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Only stayed here one night, room was clean.
Pool area was very nice but hard to enjoy with 10 plus young guys/drinking and throwing a ball around and having to constantly watch out you weren't hit with the ball, so couldn't swim or relax and people with children had to move there kids to smaller pool so not hit or subjected to there language.
Young Lady at the bar was very helpful and very happy and made the place.!
Was very annoyed as had a late checkout thru the agency I booked thru and at 9.20 a cleaner charged into the room while I was half naked and partner in the shower , she just just slammed the door closed. I left a note of this with my checkout envelope and I received no apology or acknowledgment.
Parking has to be paid for and you have to use a separate lift that there's only one of and takes a long time once you get this down you enter the foyer and then have anther set of elevators to the room which were
very quick and a large size.
Was a bit disappointing but a clean well kept place. I think it's more suited to the under 25's for partying and drinking at the bar by the pool as wasn't relaxing

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jetski1200r,

Manay many thanks for your feedback and apologies for the behaviour of the young men in the pool When you stay with us again, if anything similar occurred, please let our staff know and we will immediately address as we want ALL guests to enjoy their stay with us. I will alo pass on your comments to Ari who is one of our relly great team.

If you could email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au your room number and date of stay and I will personally address the room attendant coming into your room as they are all aware that they are not to enter any rooms, departure or daily clean until after 10.00am, unless we have confirmed that guest has checked out. Please accept my sincerest apologies that this occured and that non one has apologised from your note. This will also be addressed.

I am continually talking to the new owners of the shopping centre (car park) to have them upgrade the lift and areas in the car aprk and believe works will commence in the not too distant future.

Our property services people of all ages, nationaility and business types and certaainly not just the 25 year age group. My apologies that they did impact on your stay, but stay with us again and if you have any issues, let our team know and they will address.

Kind regards and thanks for the great feedback.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

A clean hotel mean giving the cleaners enough time to clean and get staff proper trainer and the right chemical.it possible it achieve the quality need in this market. Your staff were very friendly and helpful but meed to deal with fire as there was a alarm scare but the visitor were not shore were to stand no guidence from staff.

Room Tip: Would be nice to give your cleaner a realist time to clean the rooms and hallways.the dust and overa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear KellieG

I sincerely appreciate your feedback, but would like to confirm we do give our team sufficient time to service rooms and if room requires additional effort, that is is also provided. we have also implemented the teams working in pairs to add additional support and focus. Our chemical company Ecolab is nationally known and recognised and provides regulra training to our room attandants and kitchen staff and whenever new products re introduced, train all staff and supervisory staff.

I will address the fire alam with our reception staff, but I know that PA announcements were made advising guests that they did not need to evacuate and could return to their rooms. I was actually involved with this false alarm and know that our managers and supervisors were making guests aware of the alarm via PA and restaurant guests were spoken to as they started to leave the restaurant. I will however make sure our guest service agents and concierge ensure all guests in the lobby and entry are clearly communicated with.

Many thanks for taking the time to provide valuable feedback that is used and will be discussed with our teams.

I also really do appreciate the comments re time and chemicals, but please be assured our room attendants are provided time to do the daily and departure cleans.

Kind regards

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed for one night last minute for only $115 which is a pretty good price in peak season. nice room with balcony and nice bathroom with bath tub. easy walking distnace to shops, cafes and clubs. Was woken early in morning by a group of people coming back to room and continuing to party but this was promptly resolved after contacting reception. overall great place to stay with excellent location

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DivaD

I was very pleased that you had a great stay and that our staff and security quickly addressed the noisy guests. We want all our guests to enjoy their stay and appreciate that some people forget about the comfort of others, but great our team addressed.

Our location has to be one of the best, one block from the beach and the entertainment centre of Surfers Paradise. we are also doing all possible to upgrade the hotel with corridor and room painting, soft furnishing upgrades and the pool furniture replacement on weeks to completion.

Looking forward to your future stays with us.

Kind regards

brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed for one night, hotel is clean and the decor is modern and fresh when you walk in. The lady who served us on arrival was ever friendly and helpful, but the woman serving next to her was very rude & blunt to the customers she was checking in. I was pretty shocked that someone could welcome guests with such a lack of welcoming and friendliness. The room was as to be expected - studio king, with ocean views, 21st floor provides wonderful views and a reasonable sized balcony for two people. Bed was comfortable, pillows were great, air con did not seem to work properly - which we didn't realise till later in night when going to bed as we went to use it and turn the aircon down to a cool setting but it wouldn't budge. This provided an uncomfortable sleep and kept waking up sweaty and restless. Also in the bathroom - it seems either the hotel doesn't provide the basic hotel mini luxuries most hotels provide for guests, as there was one mini soap, shampoo/conditioner and a body lotion. No body wash, no shower cap, no cotton buds, nothing. Every other hotel I have stayed in has provided all the above mentioned things.

We were also evacuated along with rest of the hotel that night, which put our plans out by an hour. I understand that these precautions have to be taken and I am completely agreeable that it's better to be safe than sorry. But after all was finished and everyone was allowed back in - hotel staff could not provide any information on why it had happened. Just a "I don't know" response was received ..

We were told prior to our visit that a late checkout could probably be arranged, that we just had to advise hotel when we got there. We phoned from our room and were rudely told by a female staff member this was not possible and we had to be out by 10am. I would think that a 1 hour extension would not be much to ask for as when it was first enquired about it seemed no issue. Perhaps staff just say this to help get the booking!

Checkout staff were friendly and helpful. And room service staff were very friendly both guys that provided service to our room were probably friendliest staff we crossed paths with during our stay.

Only other thing is room service menu, very very limited options/availability. Again when comparing to other hotels, it's a shame not much thought has gone into this. The 24hour service/menu could do with a bit more options. It was very lacking.

Mini fridge was very dated in the room and don't expect too much as all that we had in our fridge/drawer was a couple of milks, a few sugars and a couple sachets of coffee and teabags.

Unfortunately the negative attitude of some staff and misleading information outweighs the good points for me and I probably would recommend other travelers to check out other surrounding hotels as I know others provide the expected service and good rates. Disappointing as I've always enjoyed staying at other outrigger hotels & resorts

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Miss Shellyy,

Your feedback on your recent stay is hugely appreciated and will be used with our teams. To assist me in addressing two issues, the airconditioning and the person on the front desk that did not live our Outrigger values, could you please email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can identify your room number and have our airconditioning contractor address the control mechanism. In regards to the other staff member, I will also be able to identify staff on that shift.

I am however thrilled that the staff member that served you did show the behaviour and service that Outrigger hotels expect and value. My sincere apologies re the fire alarm, but also appreciate your understanding of the need to evacuate for safety and security. Our front line staff did all possible to assist guests, but the reason for the alarm was not known initially and once fully investigated by our team and fire brigade identified it was someone using a hair straightener under the detector.

I sincerely hope you will stay with us again to see that your feedback has been acted on and used in improving our service and services. Room Servie will be one of those wth our next menu to have increased items, especially in the 24 hour options.

Kind regards and sincere thanks for your detailed feedback and I do look forward to your return, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist with bookings

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My colleague and I stayed nearly a week at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The views of the beach and hills are very picturesque. The hotel I believe was recently renovated.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear MGM9,

Many thanks for your positive review on your recent stay. While we have not undergone a full renovation we are working with the body corporate on completing renovations in guest corridors with 9 floors repainted and the balance to commence in the coming months. We are also completing a pool area upgrade with new pool furniture only weeks away.

Guest rooms, we have currently completed painting approx. 83 rooms with more currently being painted. Bed runners, pillow bolsters and cushions are the next items to be ordered with replacement of all sheer curtains to be completed by February 7th. Our housekeeping team are also focused on room cleanliness and with the managers and supervisors have undertaken additional works to enhance the rooms.

We look forward to your future stays with us and sincerely appreciate your and all feedback.

Kind regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Firstly front office staff are great and do what they can, I just want to say its cheap for a reason, please see attached photo, also avoid room service at all costs, again see a photo of chicken parmagania . Pay a little more and maker sure u get the basics

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Czisastar,

Many thanks for your review and it is extremely disappointing that your stay was not acceptable, and please accept my sincerest apologies. The picture of the bathtub was due to a ruptured pipe and I believe our front office team advised and would have offered you an immediate room move.

This is not the normal standard of the hotel as attributed by many reviewers and while this is not acceptable , it is neither normal nor our standards. I will personally discuss the room service with our chef and his team today and would appreciate if you would email Grant.James@outrigger.com.au your dates of stay so we can also address with training and review of standards with the chefs.

It is sincerely hoped you will stay with us again and see this is not the norm and as you commented the staff were great and I know that once you reported this issue they would have addressed.

Sincerely

Regional General Manager Australia

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!