“Clean your rooms and then maintain other parts of the building other than reception!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Midweek Special
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

When we arrived for a 5 night stay we were given a room that needed to be re painted there were so many stains on walls, doors, and couches. We were then switched to another room with slightly less stains... The shower head in this room needed to be replaced as it sprayed everywhere and fell constantly. The pool bar is permanently closed, pool tiles have cracks all over the place. Dodgy brackets mounted everywhere. Most things in our room were fixed with sticky tap. Actually might have to duck down to the store grab some duck tape and fix this goddamn shower!!!! Its not all bad though, view from the room of ocean is good and reception is nice but it is where you spend the least amount on time..

• Stayed December 2013
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Camshsr,

My apologies that you stay was less than acceptable and I can assure you that work is being done with room painting having commenced in November with some 64 rooms completed before Christmas and more to commence at the end of January.

Our Pool bar commenced 7 day a week operation from Boxing Day (26/12) until 28/1/2014 - weather dependent and will then be Saturdays until Easter.

We have replaced shower head in a number of units #12807 and #2109, but would appreciate if you would email me so we can also check the unit you stayed in. My email address is Grant.James@outrigger.com.au and I will investigate personally.

I sincerely hope you stay with us again to see the actions that are being taken and also in March/April the additional works in and around the pool area with the body corporate committing to internal pool tile upgrade, pool furniture replacement and also pool surrounds.

I look forward to your reply email and also a return visit to see the changes.

Kind regards and very best wishes for a Happy New Year and a great 2014.

Regional General Manager Australia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Customer Service here is appalling. I have never experienced such a low standard of service. I would never stay here again even if it was free of charge.Love the location and the food was nice but the pool is very old and the tiles need replacing. Utterly disgusted with the management.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Travellerforlife0123,

I acknowledge receipt of your feedback, "worst hotel service" but would honestly like to address and to do so would appreciate you emailing me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to obtain specific details so I can address with our department heads, managers and supervisors and team.

The pool is being addressed with the body corporate to have new pool furniture, internal tiles etc replaced in early 2014. We completed external pool tile re seating and grouting before Christmas, but internal needs to be done.

I appreciate the positives about location and food, but really want to address the service aspect as that is critically important to me.

Please email me so I can address.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The reception staff were excellent on arrival.
Stayed for two nights in a two doubled bedded room 2215, with ocean and beach views to the north.
The two double beds were down in the middle, which consequently made for a very
uncomfortable night's sleep. You could feel the bed springs through the mattress.
The quality of the bed linen was poor and the pillows were so worn that they should have been discarded long ago.
A lot of mould was visible in the shower/bath facility and it looked like the shower wall tiles had not been cleaned for a long time.
Some areas of the room were very dusty especially on the benches and around the tv stand.
The hotel is located on top of a very unclean disused shopping centre.
Walking through this area could prove to be a safety issue, especially at night.
The hotel is close to local bus stops.
The hotel is on the route of the new light rail network and consequently there is construction happening everywhere. Many sections of the footpath are very uneven and broken,
so great care needs to be taken when walking in these areas.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better ocean views. Rooms facing north have greater sun access.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Eric994,

I will be insp3cting room #2215 tomorrow and if we have not ordered new beds for this room will do so immediately. Housekeeping team will also replace pillows tomorrow. I can assure you that bathrooms are cleaned daily and will make sure they we remove this room from inventory and have all grouting redone as a matter of urgency.

Apologies re the shopping center and we are hopeful the new owners of such will do all possible to address and have all shops tenanted as quickly as possible. The Light Rail is nearing completion of major components and at the end of January - end of February footpaths from one end of Surfers Paradise to the other (North to South) will be fully replaced in preparation for the light rail commencement. While it is an issue and as you said be careful, once completed I believe it will be a real addition.

I hope we have you come back to stay again and see that we have acted on your and in fact all guest comments.

Kind regards and best wishes for a happy New Year and 2014,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Very clean, modern, staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again. I was a little worried due to some older reviews on here, but it's pretty clear the hotel went under new ownership at some point, and was in need of some freshening up. I can tell you, the new owner has done a fantastic job. The lobby area is very modern and classy, plenty of happy staff, checking in took a few minutes, and I never saw long lines there my entire stay. Every area of the hotel looked new, clean, and shiny. The room was spotless, and looked pretty luxury, bed was the best sleep I've had in a year.

No noise at all, there's been a lot of construction apparently all over the area, but you get the same thing in Las Vegas. I didn't hear any construction during my stay at all. Overall, was a fantastic place to stay, great location, and pretty luxury. And half the price of many other high end hotels. The small window from the bathroom to the living room is pretty hilarious, but made for an excellent view of the city while pooping. Kidding aside, I'd probably recommend the owner frost paint/tint those windows. But not a big deal really with the blinds covering. 100% would recommend! And get a room with an ocean view, it's worth it and still less expensive then an average non-view room at the Hilton's, etc.

Also, I didn't use the pool, but it looked spotless as well. Didn't bother with room service, but the front desk answers the phone right away, so can't imagine issues there. The menu looked pretty 5 star. Long story short, trust the newer reviews, this place is great!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Michaell,

Many many thanks for such a positive review and I am pleased that much of the work we are doing is being noticed. We appreciate that in a building of 35+ years we must be on top of things and as such with Body Corporate we are working on items such as corridor painting, pool area upgrades and other areas.

Construction thankfully is nearing completion with footpaths and cosmetic (plant) still to be done, but once completed will be a huge benefit.

While I also appreciate your comment about trust the newer reviews we listen and act on all as our guest feedback is critical to their comfort and our success.

We look forward to your future visits with us.

Kind regards and best wishes for a great 2014.

Surfers Paradise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

A good quality hotel which provided excellent service. Staff on reception were very helpful. Food in Deja Vu was somewhat overpriced compared to what was available nearby but it was presented well. A noisy group in a room nearby was curbed quickly by security after reception had been alerted.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear HarryS,

Great to read you had a great stay with us and I will address with our food and beverage team your comment on restaurant pricing. Our teams are committed to making guests stays great and they will be very happy when provided your feedback on their service.

While we want all our guest to enjoy their stay, please if at anytime there is noise or other issues, contact our front desk team and they will do to address.

Noting you are a local, we hope to have you stay with us again.

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas, great New Year and 2014 and many thanks

Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed only one night after long haul flights and this hotel ticked all the boxes for us. Warm welcome and easy check in. Able to leave car outside whilst we checked in and transferred our luggage to the room. Found a space in the car park OK, even though it was 11pm. We were offered late check out as we arrived late, which was nice.

The twin room was large with plenty of space for all our luggage. We didn't unpack much as we were leaving the next day. Comfortable bed and pillows. Safe and fridge in the room. The bathroom was clean and spacious. Loved the shower with the window, there was a screen to close if you prefer. Lots of lovely toiletries and soft towels. From the balcony we could see the sea..........and all the building works from the LRT being built, but that didn't disturb us.

We didn't use the hotel restaurant, instead we ate out for a late dinner and breakfast. There are plenty of places to choose.

The next morning we had a lovely walk along the beach before heading out, I was sorry to leave the Outrigger Hotel. The only down side to Surfers whilst we was there was the traffic.......lots and lots of it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Diane-TA,

Your feedback on your recent short stay is greatly appreciated and we sincerely hope future stays could be a bit longer.

The traffic around Surfers has been a nightmare due to the Light Rail project, but major construction is nearing completion and thankfully night works appear to have been fully completed. We have nearly finished replacing all beds, sheer curtains currently being done and in 2014 we will replace bed runners and cushions and install pillow bolsters.

The location is a real plus and I personally can suggest a walk and the beach as many mornings we are lucky to experience magic sunrises.

Again sincere thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review and we do look forward to future visits with us.

Kind regards, Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My partner and i had a chance to get away recently ( kid free ) We chose to stay at the Outrigger on Surfers Paradise. We had the most unforgettable night and glad we chose the Outrigger. From the start of our stay we were made to feel special. The staff we very kind and were happy to help with anything. Our check in was smooth. Once we entered our room it was a wow factor. The view from our suite was amazing. We had it all from the ocean to the mountains. Our room had everything we could ask for. I do recommend staying in a suite up high. You could see all of Surfers Paradise. Our room was immaculate with all the little bits that just made it. At night it was another amazing view with all of Surfers lit up the vibe was amazing. I had the best sleep i have had in along time with a very cozy bed. Every thing is so close you do not need to use your car at all. I do also recommend the buffet breakfast. It was one of the best breakfast i have had in along time . Very hard to get a good buffet breakfast these days. If your ever planning a trip to Surfers Paradise then make sure you give this one ago . They really do care about there guest. Thank you Outrigger for an unforgettable stay . Will be back again soon.
Sharyn

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SharynM,

I am thrilled the team at Outrigger Surfers Paradise made your stay so special. While I am older, I also appreciate the comment about a weekend kid free, as gives all a time to unwind.

I will be providing a copy of your review to our teams and I know the food and beverage team, especially chef and company will be really happy to read your comments as I know how hard they work and their focus on fresh local produce.

Location and views can be spectacular and even the other night with the severe storm, guests watching the lighting over Surfers and the ocean were amazed.

we look forward to your future stays at the hotel, with or without the kids and look forward to making that a special stay.

Kind regards and best wishes for a happy and safe festive season

Regional General Manager Australia

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!