“Had a great stay..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Midweek Special
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Had a great stay..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My friend booked me with my wife into this hotel for our short stay in Gold Coast. Hotel is near walking distance to all the attraction in Surfers Paradise and great view of the magnificient Gold Coast. Saw the great Hump Whale from my room balcony one morning and managed to get a shot of it with my tele. Saw sun rise and sun set from my room and the sight is just marvelous. just 100 metres away from the beach.

Breakfast was great with quite good spread but can be repeatable if you r staying long duration or u can eat out at plenty of eatery within walking distance.

Room Tip: choose higher floors rooms with the sea view.
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear LimR,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide comments on your recent stay and also must admit a little jealous as in 8 years of being on the Gold Coast haven't had the fortune of seeing the whales. The sunrises can be really spectacular and especially from the balcony or the beach.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about breakfast as sure the team will be excited to receive this feedback as I know how committed they are to providing variety and also fresh local produce.

Location is a real plus for us.

We hope to welcome you back in the future and again sincere thanks for your valued feedback.

Kind regards,

Regional General Manager Australia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

When we walked into the Outrigger on the Gold Coast, I had to ask myself, "do these people check on your Trip Advisor activity before you come?" Because the service was so good, the place so nice and the complimentary upgrade so unexpected, it was out of the ordinary.
They gave us a magnificent room on the 20th floor, and as a bonus we could see the southern end of the Gold Coast race track where the V8s were racing that weekend. The room was spacious and spotless, the facilities first class and the bed very comfy.
The staff were all very good, but we were particularly impressed by the attitude and assistance we got from Cher, the concierge, who was so helpful, recommended an excellent restaurant for lunch, and remembered us and waved every time that we went past. The breakfast was good, not great, but really that is the only partial flaw I could find in the whole place. Unless you count the lobby as a little bit soulless, which I did, but who cares, it's a lobby.
Not sure if we would head back to Surfers Paradise any time soon, but if we do we will definitely go back to Outrigger.

Room Tip: I reckon they're all pretty good, but perhaps the higher you go the quieter it is.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scrib310,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review and sincerely appreciate your comments. One of the pleasures as the person responsible for the hotel is to read all reviews, but particularly ones that show we have contributed to a great stay.

We truly value all feedback as it allows us the opportunity of enhancing, correcting and congratulating our teams on a job well done and I could not agree more with you on the comments about Cher. Cher is an outstanding young lady and a real asset to the team, as she exhibits true Outrigger hospitality. Her standard of service is the expectation of all staff and I know with the team we have now - that this is what they are striving for.

Great that you had views of the V8 track, shame it doesn't come past the hotel as it did when it was the Indy event.

If you do come back to Surfers, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards and sincerest thanks.

Ormeau, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

They did not have our booking when we arrived , it took over 20 minutes to check in the room smelt and had not been cleaned properly. The staff were friendly and did fix our booking but overall experience was not great

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear MarieC,

Please accept my sincere apologies that your stay was not either what you expected or what we should provide. I will be meeting with our Housekeeping Manager on his return tomorrow to discuss the cleanliness of the room, which in turn we will discuss with the team members involved and reinforce their role in providing our guests with enjoyable stays.

It would be appreciated if you could email me directly on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au regarding your booking so I can investigate this with our reservations manager and also if there is a 3rd party involved to ensure we have no booking issues.

I sincerely hope you will stay with us again to see action has been taken on your follow up

Kind regards, sincere apologies but also many thanks for providing feedback.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Unfortunately, the Outrigger Hotel in Surfers Paradise was a highly unpleasant stay for myself and friends. Problems ranged from a near total lack of room service, major issues with hotel reception who forced us to buy another room and perhaps worst of all - corrupt security guards who took bribes and bullied both our room and others with threats of eviction. Would never recommend/10.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear HarryA,

I am extremely concerned about your comments on security and insinuations of bribe etc and treat matters such as these extremely seriously and would appreciate you emailing me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I have information to investigate.

Over the schoolies period we have received many postive comments from both schoolies and non schoolies guests on the professionalism of our staff and security, as well as generally very positive comments on schoolies.

At no time do I believe we have threatened anyone with eviction, but can confirm we did evict 3 rooms in week 1 due to balcony hopping.

While I have seen very positive feedback, I also will investigate your comments once I have received you email to do so.

Sincerely

Grat S James
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Me and one of my people stay on this hotel when we had our event in Gold Coast for a day...the price is cheap (might of the promo) than what I've expected after I saw the lobby,the room and everything if they ...they all nice specially the ambiance is really cool..loves it!

Room Tip: Room-so nice and comfy even if we here for event,the view is perfect,nice ambiance with the breeze o...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nilda2K,

Many thanks for your positive commentson your recent stay with us.

We look forward to your future stays with us.

Many thanks for taking the time to post the review

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

stayed for 2 nights-7,8th Nov.2013.Asked for milk from room service,told to call front desk. On calling ,was hung up the phone.Same response ,when asked for international adaptor.In the evening i went down to front desk to ask for adaptor, The receptionist on duty told me that she is very busy with new guests and all adaptors had been given to rooms,although there was nobody else except me. She was rude also.this was a shock to me .I will never stay there in future,though location is excellent ,2 mnt to beach & visible from room as well.

Room Tip: stayed on 11th floor-no.1110.room was spacious,quiet,beach view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Jyot907,

I was extremely disappointed to read you review and would appreciate you emailing me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can obtain additional information and be able to address personally with the employee and the front desk management team.

This is not the acceptable standard of service and it will be addressed.

I look forward to your email so I can obtain further details

Sincerely

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in November 2013. We had the good fortune of being upgraded to a higher floor - I think this was because we booked through the hotel directly rather than using Wotif or Scoopon type vouchers.

The building is designed in a way that all rooms above the 10th floor are capable of having ocean views one way or another. The service upon check-in was great, very enthusiastic and helpful.

The rooms are perhaps slightly dated but the bathrooms have been refurbished and are well-equipped. Bed was comfortable and room was spotless. The lobby has been well maintained and really adds a sense of class to the place.

Parking is a bit tricky but not ridiculous - there is some confusion as to whether or not this is free for guests of the hotel. Apparently it is not complimentary with all bookings.

The tennis court has been recently refurbished but it is so close to the beach that the wind will take your tennis balls and blow them all over the place. The pool was nice but is probably due for an upgrade - missing tiles at the bottom of the pool etc.

Was warned to expect noise from Light Rail construction - no trouble for us but I am not sure a lot of work was happening while we were staying.

Great location, walking distance to all of Surfers Paradise. Will be an even better location once the Light Rail is up and running.

I would say this hotel is good value in terms of its location and you won't leave feeling ripped off.

Room Tip: The higher the better - as close to the beach end as possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Wadsworth25,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and a number of the things you commented on are being addressed now, with us reseating and grouting the pool after Schoolies and before Christmas, rooms painting has commenced, along with sheer curtain replacement and then we look at bed runner, pillow bolster and cushion replacement in 2014.

Our location as you said is great, one block from the beach, central Surfers Paradise and right next to the new Light Rail (due to commence June 2014).

I really appreciate your final comment, good value, location and won't be ripped off.

We look forward to your future stays with us.

Kind regards and many thanks

Regional General Manager Australia

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!