“Perfect position, lovely view, bright, clean room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Midweek Special
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect position, lovely view, bright, clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic deal with Outrigger for 3 nights in an Ocean View room with free car park, breakfast and one dinner for 2. The room on the 18 the floor had a beautiful view over Surfers, the beach, the mountains and all the amazing buildings lit up at night. The room was bright, clean and opened up to a balcony. The buffet breakfast was excellent with all you could expect, both hot and cold. The staff at reception and in the dining room were friendly and helpful. The pool area was very pleasant with a spa, heated pool as well as a kids pool and normal pool. The Outrigger is a few steps from the beach and walking distance to all the restaurants and attractions of the Gold Coast. A great stay and excellent value.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Minoumex,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay which is sincerely appreciated. I will discuss your comments with our front desk, restaurant and kitchen teams as they will appreciate your comments on their service and friendliness as well as the quality of the breakfast buffet as our exec Chef Ollie and team do all possible to ensue a great range of quality fresh local products.

Our location is a definite plus with us being so close to Surfers Paradise beach, the entertainment precinct and also close to public transport.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and again many thanks for providing feedback

Have a great day and kind regards

Regional General Manager Australia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the Saturday night just gone and received the most appalling service I have ever received at any hotel around the world. This was provided not so much by the hotel staff (who were actually very friendly and pleasant), but the security guards they employ at the hotel entry after hours to control guests entry and install schoolies week control measures (in February!).

Do not stay here if you don't want to report to security when you arrive back to the hotel in the evening, and do not want to be made to feel like an adolescent on Schoolies week having to check your name off the role.

In addition, the air conditioning in the rooms does not work and made for an uncomfortable nights sleep which isn't so great in 30+ temperatures.

• Stayed February 2013
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear milala12

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the way you were treated by the security contractor and be assured this will be raised with their owner today. We expect the security company to act with friendliness, concern for our guests and professionalism and while I will raise with them today, could you email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au with a description of the guard so we can ask them to replace him at our property. If you could also advise of the room number I will have maintenance check the air-conditioning as we only recently completed a major upgrade of the air conditioning chiller plant and as such want to check the room fan unit and also balcony door switch. If balcony doors are not closed then aircon will not function.

I certainly hope you will come and stay with us again to see that we have acted on your comments.

Kind regards and I look forward to receiving your email so I can discuss the replacement of the guard in question.

Mount Tamborine, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pros-

Good location, quite close to the beach & Cavill Ave which are easily walking distance
Pretty good breakfast, had all the trappings which I enjoy when having the privilege of breakfast made for me including fresh juices, pancakes, pastries etc
Clean room & bathroom, with decent private balcony. Able to see the surf if turned slightly sideways due to the position & angle of building

Cons-

Husband indicated that the young woman at reception was fairly indifferent, bordering on rude at check-in. Travel agent did indicate there is often a very friendly lady however so hopefully she is present more often on average!
Could hear a lot of noise & movement in the rooms alongside us along the hallways, fairly thin walls I guess
No character or warmth to room at all, no artwork, only able to view fire sprinklers dotted across ceiling
Could hear some type of vacuum cleaner [their pool cleaner?] noise until late at night & obviously some traffic noise which makes sense due to location

Room Tip: High as possible to avoid room, even if you cannot secure an ocean view & have city view you'...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Carebear79,

I appreciate the time taken to post your feedback and especially the Pros and Cons as this will allow me to give to our teams for improvement. Disappointing that one of our front desk team didn’t provide great service, especially when your agent was complimentary about another. If time permits could you please email me at Grant.James@outrigger.com.au with the date and time you checked in and name of booking so we can address with some additional training.

We are currently painting some sample rooms to give the rooms a new feel to them, and I will also investigate some artwork as well and present to our Body Corporate.

I hope we have you stay with us again and I look forward to your email so I can address the issue.

Kind regards and many thanks for the feedback.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Quite nice room, pleasant staff, good location. However, one night we ordered room service at 8pm...and when it still hadn't arrived at 9.25pm I rang again, and was assured that it was not far away. At 11pm (3 hours later!!) it still hadn't come, and it was very obvious it was never going to. I admit there were exceptional cirumstances that night, as Surfers Paradise was experiencing terrible weather conditions due to the after effects of a cyclone that had hit the coast further north..making it difficult for guests to leave the hotel and eat out. So, I understand that there would've been a significantly higher number of guests ordering room service than normal, and that the kitchen staff were flat out trying to cope with the orders. However, when it became clear to them that they weren't going to be able to fill our order, I would've expected that a member of staff call let us know - just never contacting us was unprofessional and poor service. Also for a supposedly 4-star hotel, there were no supplies in the bar fridge and our in-room tea/coffee sachets weren't re-stocked each morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear NatS,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, and while I sincerely appreciate your understanding of the extremely taxing issues we faced over the Australia Day long weekend with the weather, damage to property and lack of staff due to some of them being unable to actually get to work it does NOT excuse our staff making contact with you to advise of the delay, but not advising at all is something that will be personally addressed with the Executive Assistant Manager and service team.

I will also address with housekeeping as room amenities are to be replenished daily with only exception being Do Not Disturb rooms or where guests advise our staff they do not require a service.

Please be assured that both above will be addressed and I hope on a return visit you see that your comments have been acted on.

Many thanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The room service , cleaners and breakfast was great and really good facilities ... Next time I come Gold Coast I'm coming back for sure .... I also liked the way they respect the visitor and the 24 reception info ... And it's really helpful if your going there for holidays becusse you can buy theme park tickets and deals from the front desk ... They also have a good dinning but the supervisor is a low life person who's got no respect and the only thing will be better only of they had a indoor pool

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Anwaraffan

Firstly my sincere sincere thanks for your comments on Marina, Damian and Roman being A+ as I know how committed they are as managers and how much they are doing to impart that same attitude on our front desk team. I however concerned about your comment re the dining room supervisor and would appreciate you emailing me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au further details so I can personally address, as this is not what we expect of our team.

I look forward to your future stays with us and also an email re restaurant.

Many thanks for providing the feedback which is hugely appreciated and will be used to acknowledge great performers and work with those that were not great and help them improve to our required standards.

Kind regards,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Outrigger is very strategically located at probably the best location in the Surfers Paradise, with the beach literally round the corner and the lively Caville Avenue just a short 2 streets away corner the Esplanade. The ocean and inland views from the balcony of our 16th floor room is fabulous. The room, except for the slightly-leaked shower hose that somewhat affects the water pressure, is generally very well maintained, comfortable and lovely. We checked-in mid-week for a 1-night stay to find the hotel very serene and pleasant throughout. Being the early birds, the swimming pool became our "private" pool!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WithinThe4Seas,

I could not agree more with your comments about the location, one block from the beach and the entertainment precinct of Surfers Paradise, but without being on top of it all. The views from the majority of balconies gives you the Ocean and either north over the hinterland or South and Central Surfers.

It would be appreciated if you could email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au with you room number so maintenance can address and in the event that housekeeping miss this.

I’m also glad you had the enjoyment of the “private” pool and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Many thanks for you feedback it is appreciated.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms, facilities and position is good, what you would expect after reading up on the hotel. Unfortunately the staff we dealt with were rude and lacked any desire to assist us in any way. Having arrived at the hotel in the evening after the ordeal of being shuttled from coolangatta airport in horrendous weather after our Qantas flight to Sydney was cancelled. We called room service at 8.55pm to order some food for our starving children only to be told "with attitude" the restuarant was shut, when all the documentation states the restuarant is open until 9pm. My wife decided to go to reception to try and obtain some details on how to best transfer to Brisbane in the morning as Qantas had rescheduled us on a flight the next day only to return to the room to advise that the receptionist was very unhelpful and uncaring. Left to fend for ourselves once again. The shame is that the hotel had a real opportunity to shine and win over some new customers who were clearly distressed and in need of assistance. Shame.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Sammy3355,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review and experience as I know how horrific the weather was over the Australia Day long weekend and also the impact it had on you, your family and a large number of our guests who were affected either by cancelled flights or guests staying with us due to damage of their homes or not being able to get back home due to flooded roads. I also know the impact we had with staff not being able to get to work due to flooding. The impact on all parties was significant.

However, that does not excuse what you experienced and I will personally address with our Executive Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager and Front Office Manager to reinforce the need to understand what guests are going through during these stressful experiences and ensure they do possible to assist.

Many thanks for your feedback and be assured we will use the feedback to address and improve

Sincerely

Regional General Manager Australia

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!