I stayed here on the Saturday night just gone and received the most appalling service I have ever received at any hotel around the world. This was provided not so much by the hotel staff (who were actually very friendly and pleasant), but the security guards they employ at the hotel entry after hours to control guests entry and install schoolies week control measures (in February!).
Do not stay here if you don't want to report to security when you arrive back to the hotel in the evening, and do not want to be made to feel like an adolescent on Schoolies week having to check your name off the role.
In addition, the air conditioning in the rooms does not work and made for an uncomfortable nights sleep which isn't so great in 30+ temperatures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned right in the heart of Surfers Paradise just 500m from the beach, Mantra on View Hotel is an ideal choice when visiting Queensland's famous Gold Coast. Every room within this Surfers Paradise accommodation provides all of the facilities you need to make yourself at home. All guest rooms feature high-speed internet (fee applies) and cable TV with pay-per-view movies. Relax on your own private balcony as you take in the sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and stunning Gold Coast skyline. There's plenty to do at this Surfers Paradise hotel which features a resort style outdoor swimming pool and children's pool, along with a fully equipped gymnasium and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise