“There's better around” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Midweek Special
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“There's better around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times over the years mainly for personal travel and can say that it is now looking rundown. It is handy - the location is just north of Cavill Avenue and at the end of the Surfers Paradise shopping strip that runs along the Gold Coast HIghway so it is close to the heart of the action. The rooms are average in terms of quality, fixtures and general upkeep but do offer views across toward Main Beach and Southport. Be warned that you can get alot of noise at night given the location (both traffic and the odd rowdy bunch stumbling back from the nearby night clubs). Service is nothing special and the car park is in a grubby, non-secure facility shared with the shopping mall and office area next door. There's better available in the immediate area for the same type of money with some of the newer hotels offering much better value in terms of facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher levels offer commanding views of Main Beach and up to the northern end of the Surfer...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear mrdamage101

My apologies that your stay was not what was expected and we will ensure your comments are provided to our team. We appreciate we are not a new property, but our staff will do all possible to provide great service and standards.

I will relay your comments to the owners of the car park and ask them to take corrective action to address your comments.

While I appreciate there are newer hotels, I also appreciate the efforts our team will mak to make a guests stay enjoyable and I honestly believe our location is better than most in Surfers Paradise. We are one block (about 200mtrs) to the beach, one block to Orchid Avenue and 1 ½ blocks to Cavill Mall the entertainment centre of Surfers Paradise.

I do hope you come back to say with us to see we have listened to your comments.

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback which will be used to improve.

Kind regards,
Regional General Manager Australia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I would definitely recommend the outrigger and cannot point out any faults!! The rooms were clean and modern and serviced daily. The staff were extremely helpful especially in relation to tours, buses and provided discounts for some attractions if you booked through them. The outrigger is situated in a great location, central to all the bars, restaurants and shops but suprisingly, was not noisy. I will definitely stay here again.Thankyou outrigger for your amazing service :)

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RachelC

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I will pass on your comments to the team about their amazing service and also the concierge on their service for tours, attraction tickets etc.

Our location is truly one of the best in Surfers Paradise, one block from the beach and entertainment precinct of Surfers with the shops, bars and restaurants, although strongly suggest people try breakfast or seafood buffet at Deja View, our restaurant. The other great benefits of the location are proximity to public transport and also activities like Infinity, Strike Bowling etc on the odd occasion of rain.

We look forward to your future visits and being able to contginue to provide great service.

Kind regards,

San Cristobal, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Spacious rooms and bathroom and good service.
If you stay there, ask for the rooms in highest floors with sea view. Really nice to spend some time in the balcony and relax.
Excellent location at 100mts from the beach and the surfers paradise boulevars.
Breakfast is average but not bad.

Room Tip: If you stay there, ask for the rooms in highest floors with sea view. Really nice to spend some time...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CaroGuerrero
Many thanks for taking the time to provide your review. I will provide to our team as they will appreciate comments re good service and I will also pass on the the Executive Chef and team about breakfast.

Our location is brilliant as only one block from the beach and entertainment precinct.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at outrigger on our trip to Queensland first staying in brisbane for 5 days then driving to the Gold Coast and remaining at the outrigger for the last 3 days.

When we first arrived we were greeted by 2 staff members one asking us if we needed help with our luggage and one checking us in very efficiently! When we arrived to the room we were amazing at the cleanliness and modern appeal (especially after staying in apartments in brisbane for 5 days) this was a real treat! The pool was crowded but expected as it was really hot and the pool was beautiful!

Just a quick walk and you hit the beach and many restaurants and shopping! I would recommend to eat the buffet breakfast at the beach cafe! Overall a perfect stay.

• Stayed January 2013
ASPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Chrystalleesmith

Thanks you for taking the time to post your review and I am very happy you had such a great stay. I will pass on your comments to the team and know they will be happy that their service is recognized.

The location is a major comment of most guests and only a block to the beach and central Surfers is a real benefit.

We look forward to your future visits to the Gold Coast and again thank you for your positive review.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This review begins rough but besides our first few hours everything was great!!

We arrived at the hotel after being awake for over 24hours and with me being ill on the plane. We arrived to find that our reservation was not on their system. I booked via email through the main outrigger website (that lists all the outrigger resorts) and double checked with the main responders that my booking was confirmed - i was even given a confirmation number - so you could imagine my shock when we arrive tired and exhausted to find they had no knowledge of our booking. The front office manager (Ramon i think?) was very apologetic and went above and beyond to find what was going on. After many phone calls - where the same response was no one had any record of it (except me who bought copies of the email with me) - we left to go get a bite to eat in the hope that our booking would be found. 90minutes later we received a call to be informed that we could finally check in. Ramon (?) was very apologetic and didnt know what happened - he offered us free breakfast and parking and he personally delivered our bags to our room - we could finally relax.

Besides that hiccup everything about this hotel was great. It was clean, quiet and the staff were friendly and always willing to help. From the cleaning lady giving us extra shampoo/conditioner when needed -- to Yuki - the coffee expert - who made fresh coffee for us each morning with a smile on her face and friendly conversation -- to Damien - who made our checkout quick and easy and was very friendly and great to chat too.

The pool was closed over two days as some guests decided to throw glass in the pool - not cool on their behalf but this is hardly the fault of the staff - better a closed pool than cut up feet and with the beach on your doorstep you can't really complain!! And to those who complain about the "flight" of stairs you need to carry your luggage up to from the carpark - it is only 5steps - barely a hassle - plus you can always drop it at the front door then drive around to park!!

Overall we really enjoyed our stay - it was close to everything and the staff (including the breakfast staff) were super friendly and nothing was to much for them.
Again a special shout out to Ramon (?), Yuki and Damien and when we come back to Surfers we will happily return to your hotel!

Thankyou

PS. the aircon was perfect too!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SinderallaPerth

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback and while the booking process via the website didn’t help (we are currently checking this), I am thrilled that Roman was able to correct this. He is an outstanding manager for us. I will ensure he, Yuki (the Coffee spot coffee expert) and Damian are aware of your comments about them – our team is what makes a difference.
I appreciate the comments about the car park, but your suggestion is the best, drop the luggage at our entry and the concierge or managers on duty will assist to store or take to your room.
We look forward to your future visits and please accept my sincerest thanks for the comments about the team.

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have just returned from a short holiday at this property, but feel so refreshed I could have been away for a fortnight. Our room was beautifully decorated, with magnificent views from the beach across to the lagoon. The staff were friendly and efficient. The dining room is spacious and well set out to accommodate a summer holiday crowd at breakfast. Restaurant meals were delicious and good value at other times. So we mainly stayed in to relax in the pool, with trips to the nearby beach on the side. The quality of the accommodation and the central location of this hotel make it very good value.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear AndreaK,
I am thrilled you had a great stay and I will pass on your comments to our team, especially the kitchen and restaurant team.

I am thrilled you got to enjoy the pool area and beach, just a block away, as our the recreational aspects of Surfers.

We look forward to your future stays with us

Kind regards and thanks for your post and comments

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The stay would have been perfect if not for the following:

1) At time of booking the room from Melbourne, I asked the staff if there is a microwave in the room as we needed to warm up our baby's milk occassionally. The staff was quick to say due to fire safety, the ground floor kitchen will always be happy to heat up if requested. On our first day, I brought the baby food to the restaurant and was told by a rude front desk staff to wait 15 minutes as the chef is busy and she went on doing some paperwork. Come on, why do one need a chef to warm up food? There was a microwave within my sight and I could have done it myself if she allowed me to do so. Subsequently, we didn't request the service at all. Our baby went without milk during our holidays and we had to find substitute food.

2) The aircon in the room was pathetic and the thermostat in the room doesn't function. When I called the front desk for advice, I spoke to a real gem who is so cutomer oriented. Roman, at the front desk was such a great guy. He was not only kind in his mannerism, but attended at our room with the tools to repair the thermostat himself so we can sleep comfortably. He is absolutely a shining star in the hotel.

3) On our check-in to the room, we realised the fluoresent light was flickering. I reported this to the front desk but was not attended at all. we decided to leave this light switched off during our stay. If I reported this to Roman, I bet he would have fixed it immediately but i did not remember to inform him when he attended to fix the thermostat. No big deal anyway.There was sufficient light coming through the balcony doors.

4) The breakfast was not worth the money we paid. We could have got better from Macdonald which isn't too far from the hotel.

5) In the games room, my 5yr old son was keen to play Air Hockey. We slotted a $2 coin in the machine and nothing happens. We slotted another $2 coin again nothing happens. We went to the restaurant front desk to report it but nothing happens for nearly 30 minutes. When I approached them again, I was told they called the technician but there was no response. We went down to the Hotel front desk to report to Roman. That shining star was so quick in his reaction. He felt customers are important so he took $4 from the safe and handed to me. He felt it was not worth his time as well as the customer's time for a mere $4. What a shining star in a rotten hotel

6) With a family of four, we felt awkward to note the hotel room has a glass window opening on the bathroom wall facing the beds with blinds outside bathroom. Anyone in bed could see through the bathroom and my wife and I felt awkward about it. Gheee!!!!

7) The hotel charged $8 for daily parking. Throughout the 4 days of our stay, no one checked me on entry or exit to/ from the carpark.

These are my experience in this hotel. I wouldn't say its a bad experience but Roman's positive attitude and great customer service just blinds the negative thoughts.

Well done, Roman!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear DavidD

I am disappointed you had a number of issues at the hotel and be assured these will be addressed with the relevant department heads today, especially the attitude about warming your child’s food etc. I would also be very interested in obtaining additional information from you on the buffet as the team are focused on providing fresh local varieties. If time permits could you please email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au with details
My apologies re car park cost, but as this belongs to the Piazza shopping center we are restricted to charges.

In regards to Roman, I could not agree more and am very proud to have him as a manager with outstanding customer service skills and be assured your post will be provided to him and the team
Kind regards and thanks for your feedback.

Regional General Manager Australia

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!