“Cleaning very Poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Girls Night Out! $
Ranked #29 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Cleaning very Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I attended a conference here end of October for three days. The only comment I really feel should be made is the cleanliness was appalling! Toilets in public areas stank of urine, even after i saw they had been cleaned! Really was disgusting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear kje007,

Firstly, my sincere thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback and be assured have I not only addressed this with the public area team and supervisors, but have also engaged our fresh & clean contractor to address their systems to address the issues.

I certainly hope you come back to stay with us again to see that we have listened and acted on your comments

Many thanks

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Indonesian first
brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in a room on the 18th floor.

The good:
*Great location - short stroll to eateries and close to the beach
*Nice view of the ocean from the balcony
*Breakfast was nice and had a fair selection. The staff at breakfast were polite and helpful.
*Lobby looked nice and modern
*The toiletries smelled nice - based on honey, which is a nice change from the usual lemongrass scent that most places seem to have

The bad:
*We wanted to try the pillow menu as we needed extra pillows and tried to ring housekeeping about 8-10 times between 7.30pm and 10pm. Nobody answered. At 10pm we rang reception to let them know that we couldn't get onto housekeeping, and nobody answered at reception.
*The king bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept it. It was hard with a big indentation in the bed where your body lies, with noisy loose springs that squeaked with the smallest movement. I got about 3 hours sleep.
*The mini fridge was very noisy when it cycled, and as it was about a metre away from the bed it was loud enough to wake us up.
*The rooms don't seem to be insulted from sound very well. We didn't really notice the traffic sounds that much, but the noise from other rooms was really loud and we could clearly hear the people in the room next to us. When walking to the elevator you could hear conversations or music coming from a lot of the rooms.
*The balconies are so close together - we went out to have a look at the view and could see our neighbour's leg up on the balcony right next to ours and could clearly hear their conversation as they were probably less than 2 metres away from us. Bit of bad luck if you get stuck next to bogans, as we did.
*The lifts seemed a bit slow and it was a pain to get to the carpark, which required using yet another slow lift.
*Somebody had left a bag of rubbish near the elevator on our floor (which you could see contained half a watermelon rind and a used nappy among other things). It was there when we left the hotel at 6.30pm on Saturday and it was still there when we went to breakfast the next morning at 6.45am. Somebody else had thrown a used hotel towel near the lifts as well - this was also still there in the morning.
*Decor was a bit blah

We definitely won't be returning as there are a lot of other options in the same area. We were seriously unimpressed that we weren't able to contact anyone in the hotel when we were trying to get extra pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators as the 'ding' noise is quite loud. Higher rooms have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Brisbane 12.

Firstly, sincere thanks for taking the time to provide both your review and the comments, both positive and negative which will be discussed with all departments as well as using them to address and correct.

Would it be possible to email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can obtain the room number to have the bed investigated as the final phase of bed replacement occurs this month with all new beds with pillow tops. I would also like to check the fridge and phone in the room to ensure the pre-dial numbers are functional.

I appreciate your comments re the lift as we are completed the final lift upgrade, with 3 fully functional upgraded lifts and access to service lifts for guests during high demand periods. I will advise the shopping centre regarding comments about the car park lift to have them address.

The issue re rubbish is totally unacceptable and EVERY team and team member has been advised that even if not their normal role to correct.

While I appreciate your comment that you won’t be returning, I certainly hope you do, as you can then let me know if we listened to your feedback and addressed. Everyone deserves a second chance and I hope you give us one.

Many many thanks

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I bought a Groupon 3 nights deal. The hotel is pretty ok, near to beach and public transport. During check-in I was told my room is ready and I get a complimentary bottle of Champagne which was part of my deal and would be there in freeze. When I checked the room, there was nothing in it. I called the reception to inform them and they advise that they would let the restaurant know about it and send one soon. I didn’t receive anything on the day of arrival, I again called next evening to check the status of my request and they again assured me that it would be there. I stayed there for three nights but never received it.

Room Tip: Ask the reception to give you a higher floor room so you have a good view of ocean or city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jded9423

I am extremely disappointed to read your review as the non delivery of the champagne is totally unacceptable. I would appreciate you emailing me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can obtain details of your name, date of stay etc to follow up.

While not correcting your stay, I have changed the operating procedure where items such as this will be placed in the room by our concierge team and not reliant on the restaurant and them being advised.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to your email to address

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for four nights in an ocean view room on the 22nd floor in late October. We were impressed from the moment we were arrived and were informed that we could check in two hours early! What a great way to start our holiday! Initial issues with the door card were quickly sorted and our experience with the staff on reception was consistently positive! The room was basic but spacious and had a great view of the ocean! The bed was comfy and the bathroom was fine!
We had buffet breakfast included and the food was nice, it would be great to have had a little more variety!
The location of the hotel was perfect, so close to the beach, shops and restaurants!
The lifts were super quick while we were there. Also the cleaning staff were so friendly and considerate!
We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Kellyraff
Sincere thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I will pass on your comments to our team and I know they will be appreciative regarding your comments about their service and friendliness.

We are extremely fortunate with our location being right in the centre of Surfers and one block from the beach and the entertainment precinct.

We certainly hope to have you stay with us again, and again since thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

we stayed on the top 22nd floor with ocean views, it was really nice!
room was decent size with balcony, though little bit dated.
cleaning not done well, table tops were very dusty!
location was good, easy walk to surfers mall.
outdoor pool was not heated; disappointed, couldn't use it on cold days!
check-in was long due to long cue! i've stayed in over 10 hotels past year and this would be the longest i had to wait, almost 20 minutes! we were there about one hour before but they said room wasn't ready so had to come back at 2pm on the dot and the cue was to the door! check-out was ok.
breakfast was good, good choices.
no free wifi anywhere! i think hotels that don't offer this is REALLY BACKWARD! this should be standard like the TV!
staff are fine but not excellent. disappointed that we had to go down to reception to get the tooth brush and that slippers were not provided! i hate walking around barefooted!
the most memorable thing would be the views!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennyt

Many thanks for providing you review and comments which will be used to improve our operation particularly the check in times. Unfortunately we like the majority of hotels are still unable to offer complimentary wi-fi access due to infrastructure and operational costs. We however do offer wi-fi on lobby, 2nd and 4th floor levels and by mid December will have wi-fi access in all guest rooms.

Again, sincere thanks for your feedback and we certainly look forward to you staying with usin the future

Kind regards

Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good option to stay in Surfers as it is handy to Cavill ave, the beach and all shops. There was quite a line to check in but it all flowed smoothly, and I was pleased with our room on the 14th floor- North facing with ocean views. Really comfortable beds with a choice of pillows- feather, latex, V shaped etc. Not seen that in a hotel before. Our room was close to the lifts but it was very quiet overnight.
Heated pool and spa, some of the tiles needed replacing. Oddly several of the plants in pots around the pool weren't just needing attention, they were completely dead and it was strange that they were not removed.
Tried to get an in house movie at night, but our 3 main choices were not able to load. A hotel employee came up to assist but said that as the hotel was full that night, the problem was probably that the quota had been reached and those movies were not available.
All hotel staff were very helpful. I got a 1 night stay through Wotif and would definately stay again, it was good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear GayleJP,

Please accept my thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay. We appreciate all posts as this allows us to congratulate our staff where appropriate as well as address areas of concern.

One of those areas is the pool and our gardening contractor is addressing that at present and I have asked our Movie supplier if we can increase availability.

We certainly look forward to your future stays with us.

Many thanks

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Luckily we only needed to stay here for 1night.
Beware upon checkin you need to pay in full as well as credit card hold $$.We booked directly with the hotel and no mention was made.Wasn't an issue as we had funds it was staffs attitude and poor service regarding it.
Found the hotel to be in need of refurb, rooms are dated and musky smell,ok size bath/shower combo very difficult to get in out of.Not sure when it was serviced last as missing stuff in tea/coffee box ,floor in room and on our level hadn't been vacuumed stuff still on carpets.Empty beer bottles left on ledges outside lifts.The lifts are very poor in this hotel.Car park via separate lift $8 pd anyone can use not just hotel guests,difficult to get a spot.
Location close to Cavill Ave and surrounding eateries.
Wouldn't stay here again! there is a huge variety of properties in the surrounding area that are of higher quality and better priced than this one and that have fantastic service.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear thesambos

My apologies that your stay was not what you expected and that you had to pay on check in. As we are a strata title property (individual unit owners) we must comply with trust legislation that requires payment on check in. I have addressed this with our reservations team to ensure they advise all guests.

I appreciate your comments on the lifts as we are currently undergoing a major refurbishment of lifts with 3 of the 4 completed and one currently being done. We do however have contingency when busy to have guest access to our service lifts as well. As you state the car park is available to others as it is not owned by the hotel, but we are able to offer cheaper rates than the car park normally charges.

I appreciate your comments that you will not stay with us again, but would hope you would reconsider so you can reassess our service and see that we did listen to you.

Many thanks for your comments and be assured they have been listened to and acted on

Grant

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!