“Great stay at a great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Midweek Special
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane
“Great stay at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here on two separate occasions. Each time we have been on the 21st floor with oceans views. The hotel foyer is modern and the check in staff are helpful in every way. We had breakfast at the Deja View restaurant each morning and found the food great. The only negative is on check out mornings on a sunday the number of people checking out and using the lifts causes some delays. The car park is in the shopping centre at the back of the outrigger but is safe. The lift from the car park to the reception is a bit ordinary but don't let that ruin your stay. Overall we will always stay at the outrigger for the great price compared to other places and the great service. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Jayeloh,

Please accept my thanks for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay and be assured I have passed on your comments to our team, as well as providing feedback to the centre manager for the Piazza Shopping centre regarding the lift from car park to entrance to lobby.

Our Exec Chef and team were thrilled with your comments on breakfast as they are really focused on providing a great variety of fresh local produce. Sundays as you said can be really hectic, and as such we offer later check out options, express check out option and additional staffing to do all possible to assist guests with the process. The lifts have had a major overhaul (3 currently) and our managers also have contingency plans to address if any issue.

I am very pleased that you will always stay with us and we certainly look forward to you future visits, and when making your booking please mention you are a return guest so we continue to do all possible to provide your room choice.

Kind regards and thanks for taking the time to post the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Where do I start? We had a room outside the lifts on the 9 th floor....wrong! The noise was ridiculous. We were woken at 11.30 by the noise of other guests and this continued on until 2.30am. Breakfast was average and cold. Then to top it off we had to carry our luggage down 9 floors that took us to an exit out on the street. Went I approached the check out desk to tell of my experiences they were not in the least bit interested. We won't be back and won't recommend it to anyone!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Mellymag,

I was disappointed to read your post re your recent stay and have addressed the problems you encountered with each of our department heads and also our security company. While I appreciate your comment, "we will not stay again", I certainly hope you will to see we have addressed the issues and listed to your concerns.

Our security staff undertake continual floor checks on Fri & Sat night, as well as our staff reacting immediately to guests advising us of any issues they have.

My apologies for the issues you experienced with the lifts, as we are currently going through a major lift upgrade, and I can assure you this has been addressed with contractor as well as having developed a contingency plan that will assist all guests if we have issues - the contingency will not require use of fire escapes.

I really want you to experience true Outrigger hospitality and while I appreciate you comments, please contact me directly at Grant.James@outrigger.com.au and I would love to make arrangement s for you to stay with us again.

Again my apologies, but also thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Beautiful hotel, great lobby and great service. Breakfast wasn't cheap, but was very plentiful with great options. One weird thing with the room was that there was a window from the room right into the shower. Couldn't figure that one out... Good location being just off the beach

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear JoshK.

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Our chef will be happy to see you enjoyed the selection on the buffet as he and the team are continually working hard to ensure fresh varities are offered.

The window from the bathroom, although with ventian blinds fitted appears to have been a design quirk of the developers and their update of the property in 2005/6. We have some comments, both against and in favour, but the inclsuion of the blind provides privacy for guests

I look forward to future stays with us.

Many thanks

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I tried to ignore the slow front desk staff, the long wait for the lift, there looked like there were 4 but only one seemed to be working. The room was adequate but I was a little disappointed. Small television and hard bed. The bed would have been more comfortable with a matress topper. The Pillows were comfy and there was a pillow menu, so that was good. There were no robes in the room and when I called downstairs I was told Housekeeping had gone home ???? It was 6pm ??? Someone found me a robe , don't ask me how !
Housekeeping were run off their feet with check outs so even though I requested my room be cleaned while I was out between 10 am and 2 pm when I returned it was still untouched. I called and asked again if it could be attended to and was told right away so I went out again for another long walk, after an hour returned, still not done. Finally a frazzled little cleaner tore in and rushed around and was out of face cloths . Poor thing I felt bad for her. Outrigger Management, put on more staff , if you are full cater for your guests !
Room service staff were nice but food so so average. We wanted to eat in and did two nights in a row. Vegetarian lasagne Cold and ordinary, home made? Don't make me laugh !, Club Sandwich soggy. Curry cooked to death and with black burnt bits, really not good at all. I won't be back. Shame because the location was great.
Clean up your act Outrigger Surfers Paradise, you're letting the team down !

Room Tip: For God sake choose a Delux room on a high floor like i did. Cant imagine how bad a standard would b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Notafusspot,

My apologies that your stay was not up to standard and be assured these matters are being attended to. It is extremely unfortunate that while we are going through the major lift upgrade that we had one of the lifts yet to be upgraded also had a fault which impacted on guest movement. This has now been rectified and by end of November all lifts will have been completed.

I will address all matters of room service with the chef and his team.

I can advise that by the end of October the vast majority (400 rooms) of beds will have been replaced inclusive of pillow tops. We have also increased our Housekeeping team, but at times cannot always ensure maximum staff with sick leave and other unforeseen issues, but do all possible to meet our guest needs.

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and I can assure you it is acted on.

Kind regards,

wagga wagga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A big thank you to David Goliath , the Concierge at the Outrigger for his most helpful support in tracking the Gold Coast Shuttle Bus for me...He was very personable with excellent people skills and showed genuine concern and care.... I stayed three nights and found it an excellent , clean Hotel with impressive views and SO central to everything!! and only a minute walk to the beach..To watch the sun rise over the Pacific from the balcony was awsome!!

A very enjoyable stay....Thank you

Room Tip: Request a room with balcony and sea views...maybe a bit hot in summer as North facing but impressive...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear CherieP

Many thanks for your feedback and comments on David and I have provided a copy of your comments to him. He is a good representation of our team. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and your comments on location and continually commented on.

I think a recent comment ideally explains our location "One block from all that Surfers Paradise has to offer, without the chaos of being right in the middle of it". We are one block from the beach, entertainment centre of Surfers Paradise.

we look forward to you staying with us again.

Kind regards

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and have had no problems. It's close enough to everything, yet far away enough to not have to walk out of the hotel into chaos.
Clean and comfortable and never had an issue with staff, or the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear kakkles.

I am thrilled you had a great stay and you are correct the location is brilliant. Just one block from all the entertainment and dining, but as you said not in the chaos.

We hope to have you stay with us again and do all possible to show you changes when you stay.

Kind regards and much mahalo (thanks in Hawaiian)

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been travelling around Australia for over a year, and this place had worse service than most hostels I stayed at. My friend and I decided to splurge on a weekend stay at a hotel, and sorrily regretted it. Staff that clearly hate their jobs, bad food, and hard beds. The restaurant looked as though it was run by a bunch of kids, which is fine in an actual hostel. The saving grace is that it had nice views and a good location. If I return to Surfers, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!