“Good stay overpriced/poor meals” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Surfers Paradise

You added Outrigger Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Outrigger Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2 Night GC Special
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Good stay overpriced/poor meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had a weekend away with my girlfriend great place to stay just go out for dinner/breakfast as it is very poor and costs far too much. Apart from the terrible overpriced food I would recommend for a good stay,

• Stayed August 2012
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Seanwilson85,

I was disappointed to read your review on the breakfast and dinner and would appreciate, if time permits, contacting me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to let me know about the quality of the meals.

This will then allow me to discuss with the Exec Chef and team the issues and then take action, as the majority of comments over the months since we took over have been very positive. This being said, we need to ensure we do all possible to meet our guests expectations and your feedback will help us work towards and achieve that goal.

I am however happy that your stay was great and you would come back to stay, which gives us the opportunity of showing you that we do act on our guests feedback,

I look forward to your email so I can discuss with the team.

Many thanks

Grant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at the Outrigger Surfers Paradise during a holiday in Australia and we were very impressed with the quality of accommodation at this hotel which used to be a Holiday Inn. The hotel is beautifully situated in the centre of Surfers Paradise, only a two minute walk to the beach and a five minute walk to Cavill Mall and close to many shops and restaurants. Our room was spacious and well-furnished with a comfortable bed and lots of storage and it faced south looking towards the centre of Surfers Paradise and many of the newly-built towers with their exciting modern architecture. The hotel lobby is contemporary and comfortable and the staff at the reception desk were always friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were both handled very efficiently. The swimming pool area was pleasant and seemed to have lots of loungers available but during our stay it was really quite cool and not really swimming weather. Although the Outrigger might not be quite as exciting or as glamorous as the newly built Hilton it does offer very comfortable accommodation in a convenient location in the centre of Surfers Paradise and real value for money. The local bus service in the Gold Coast is excellent and it is possible to travel around easily on the buses. We even got a bus from very near the hotel to Coolangatta Airport which cost $15 for the two of us rather than the $50 that taxis would charge- a real saving. We would definitely recommend the Outrigger if you are looking for a comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced hotel in Surfers Paradise.

Room Tip: The south facing rooms probably have more interesting views although the rooms facing north also hav...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Jamesinmanila,

It was great to read your review on your recent stay and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post.

Very pleasing that you had such a great time, and your comments on location are "spot on", 1 block from Surfers Iconic beach and only a block from the entertainment and dining precinct.

Whilst we have an older property, the size and comfort you outlined in the rooms is a real plus and our focus with our teams on them being friendly and helpful ,shows we and the teams are focussed on this. While I understand your comments about the new Hilton, our location I believe is superior as it is not right in the middle of the entertainment area, and potential noise issues and having our friendly and helpful staff makes up for the fact we are not a new propoperty. Our proximity to public transport is great and will only get better when the Light Rail commences in late 2013, early 2014.

I am thankful you would "definitely recommend the Outrigger if you are looking for a comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced hotel in Surfers Paradise", as guest feedback does influence others.

I sincerely hope we have you come back and stay with us again.

Kind regards

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

stayed on our honeymoon in Nov 2011.
the hotel offered us complimentary upgrades to superior rooms with breakfast... rooms on the 25th floor.. fantastic view of the beach & the city..rooms had a balcony.. sit & enjoy the view
location is also a plus... walking distance to any bus stop or shopping areas in gold coast..
comfy & bouncy beds... breakfast menu is varied..
very helpful staff... during check-in & check-out..

enjoyed our stay in totality!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the higher floors - fantastic view of surfer's paradise
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Thundering_Raiden,

Many thanks for your review and great to hear you had such a great honeymoon.

Your comments will be relayed to our teams and I hope we get to welcome you back for your 1st anniversay. Please contact me directly if you are coming back to Surfers. Grant.James@outrigger.com.au

Kind regards,

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great sea view, nice spot to sit on the balcony and enjoy a wine. Nice room, comfy beds. Very helpful, friendly staff. Nice hot spa. Central location, Thanks Guys, we would recommend it, we enjoyed our stay :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Shannon B,

Many many thanks for taking the time to complete the review which we use with our teams to both acknowledge good reviews and train and improve, if we have not met our guests expectations. The views are great especially on a nice day sitting on the balcony.

Our team will be thrilled with your comments on how helpful and friendly they are and that their efforts are appreciated.

We hope to have you stay with us again and many thanks for recommending us.

Have a great day

Sunshine Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here recently with my partner and a mutual friend. We have stayed here before when it was the Holiday Inn and had a nice stay, though this time, we had a few issues. It took almost 15 minutes to check in to the hotel due to them not being able to find my booking. Four other sets of people checked in while I was still waiting. I am glad that I had my Wotif booking confirmation printed out as proof of my booking. They found it eventually as it had been put under the wrong name in their booking system, and did apologise, but after a 2.5 hour drive I was a little tired and just wanted to be in the room already.

We were pleased to be allocated a room on the 15th floor, with a beautiful view overlooking Surfers Paradise. (Ocean View Twin room). Despite the fact that I had booked a room for 3 people (and paid extra for this), we were only given 2 towels. I called Reception twice to organise another towel and nobody answered, so had to ring Housekeeping instead to ask for another one, which they brought up promptly. The wall in the bathroom was also absolutely filthy, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks, which put me off a little.

We did not use the pool or any of the other facilities, so I cannot comment on those. The only dealings we had with staff were upon check-in and late at night when we arrived back to our room after hours. They were friendly enough.

We had a good night’s sleep though the beds were a little small compared to what we are used to. We had a decent stay and despite these few issues would stay here again if we got a good deal, as the location is great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear MrsDiIanni,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide the review which will assist us enhance where we have done well and improve where needed. I would really appreciate you emailing me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au the room number you were in so I can inspect with our housekeeping team and not only rectify, but where necessary retrain or highlight issues to the team.

I will also work with our reservations and front desk in identifying the booking issue and if need be liaise with wotif as all our bookings are integrated into the system without manual processing, so really need to ensure we have no issues.

I am thrilled you will return as this allows us to receive further feedback from you that your concerns have been listened to and acted on.

Again, many thanks

Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel in just the right spot close enough to surfers main streets and shopping but not right in the middle of the nightlife. Rooms modern and clean. The lobby was very sterile and the carpark took a bit of navigating but no complaints here.

• Stayed May 2012
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear iloveholidaysAUS,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. The location in Surfers is great as you mention, being so close to the entertainment precinct but just a block away so we dont have the noise etc. We are currently in the process of working with the body corporate to add some plants etc and are also working with an interior designer to see what other things we can do to enhance the lobby.

It would be greatly appreciated, if time permits, to get you to write to me at Grant.James@outrigger.com.au regarding the car parking so I can address with centre manager of the Piazza (car park owners).

I look forward to your future stays,

Kind regards,

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for his birthday and did not wanna come back home~!
I generally dont bother writing reviews for anything, but Outrigger Surfers Paradise deserves it!
At first, while booking online, i was cautious about the quality of the hotel since it was so cheap, thinking maybe the photos were over-rating the actual place but when i arrived i was breath taken. The photos on the website could not compare to the see-for-your-own-eyes views of the hotel.

We booked the cracking deal package straight from the Outriggers website for the King Ocean View room, and was not disappointed! The deal included free parking and buy 1 get 2nd free breakfast vochure at their deja view restaurant, which we used to our advantage.

Upon arrival the room was in excellent condition, bathroom speck clean, bedroom and balcony neat and fresh. I was very satisfied with everything, and everything about this hotel kept me smiling all day and i must say its hard to keep me smling all day any day.
Initially my partner and I wanted to book a hotel with a spa so we could sit in it and enjoy each other's company. Thankfully by the time we went to the spa, not too many people fought over it with us-- there was another couple who went in right after though. The outdoor Spa at the swimming pool was in good working condition, one press of the button went a long way compared to other places i've stayed at before. We enjoyed it very much as its winter and cold around the 5pm that we went in-- the spa was great for heating our bodies and was not cold or luke warm, i would say jst right!
i read so many reviews on the lifts being slow and not working before i went~ this is not at all reflective of the how it was when i stayed there 2 nights ago~ we stayed on the 18th floor and it only took around 9-10 seconds to get to the ground floor. Sometimes i wished it was longer so i could finish my conversation with my partner before reaching ground floor! There were 4 lifts too so that helped with demand.
Although the hotel was not right infront of the ocean, the ocean was visible and the city views spectecular. I took many beautiful photos, some which i will share :)
The only thing that didnt work was one of the little lights under the big lights beside the bed, but that was unnecessary anyways.
Everything expected was delivered~ the staff were friendly and helpful. We'd thought we dropped and lost an item on the day of checkout and the cleaners had our room and the hallways checked, ringing the reception in no more than 10minutes.
Overall fantastic place, i was upset in having to leave! It definitely did not waste my money, time or deflate my expectations bubble- since we travelled from brisbane jst to go there.

Great location-- shops right downstairs and more than one entry to the hotel so did not have to walk too far to get in no matter where we were.
On the morning of departure, we had the express check out envelope slid under our door, it was convenient just to put the keys in it and dispose the envelope in the express check out box (beside the lifts when we reached ground floor). I appreciated that since i saw many people pulling their bags to the reception for check out.

Would love to stay again any day-- perhaps upgrade to the King/ Queen suites and try them out for a week :)
Thankyou so much outrigger surfers paradise! I was wowing at your presentation all the way through and will definitely recommend others to stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Outrigger Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Ewing369,

It was with pleasure and pride that I read your review and comments. I appreciate all of the positive comments, and can advise as the lift upgrade continues an even better lift service willm be achieved. This will be completed by late November or early December. The installation of the new balcony tables is all complete and the first week of September the installation of one new air conditioning chiller will be completed to also enhance the systems. the other two units will be replaced in 2013.

I would really appreciate if you could email me Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to advise your room number so I can have the lamp issue addressed, although I will make sure our housekeeping staff check all rooms as well.

Been to Outrigger Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!