Having found an amazing deal on wotif we decided to splurge and book the Marriott. Walking into the lobby the kids said is this the right place? haha! It was breathtaking from that moment on. It really sets the mood for the holiday from when you first walk in. And it was all good from there. Our room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. I particularly like the extras cupboard space for the luggage. Very handy when you have two kids wanting to utilize all the space in the room.
Then of course the kids wanted to go for a swim and WOW the pool was incredible. Tropical Fish in the water who has ever heard of that?! not us! the caves to explore and the waterfalls in the pools were beautiful and the hot spa in amongst it was also a bonus as we could watch the kids from there. I couldn't bring myself to rate it excellent because of one reason, the pool attendant! If I had one thing to be disappointed about was that we all got up early and had breakfast to be able to have a swim in pools before we had to check out. We got down there at about 9.30am and waited until 10am for them to turn on the slide and waterfalls to enjoy our last few hours. We asked the pool lady at the kiosk what time does it start and she replied 10am Well 10am came and went and we had to check out at 11am so we got out of the pool at about 10.40am and still no waterfalls or slide. She could tell we were waiting as we and the kids had asked her 2 times. She was just chatting away in the little kiosk to the other workers. Why did she say 10am when clearly she had no intention of flicking a switch! She wasn't friendly at all. The kids were extremely disappointed to leave like that. As that was the main attraction for them. Also no free wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play with us! Our gorgeously reimagined Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa offers the Gold Coast's ultimate beach holiday and one of the top Surfers Paradise hotels. Immaculate beaches, charming hinterland valleys, and the bustle of high-fashion boutiques greet visitors nearby. Reconnect with nature at our Gold Coast, Australia resort, where verdant tropical gardens, a stunning waterfall, and the area's only private saltwater lagoon (ideal for snorkeling with tropical fish) await. Enjoy lush amenities in elegantly appointed guest rooms, then head out for an indulgent bite of the freshest Japanese cuisine at the award-winning restaurant, Benihana. Or, see what foodies have long been raving about at our famous seafood buffet restaurant, Citrique. Other creature comforts at our hotel include the Lattouf Hair & Day Spa, with a selection of spa treatments and hair services, and also an onsite, 24-hour fitness center. Book your beach holiday today, and let the daydreaming commence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast